It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merseyside UFO pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

i dont know who took the picture - tho i live about 8 miles away from the bridge it was took on.

i found the pic on a bit torrent site and its dated from 4th march 2004 so its recent

edit on 1-4-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So you live near this bridge right? Hmmm. I'm gonna have to check nuforc about this, but I doubt anything will be posted.

As it is, this image is fairly incredible for what it contains, so I'm more than skeptical. Here we have not only a UFO, but a black helicopter in frame. Neither are very close, but it does seem incredible to manage to take a picture not only of a UFO, but of the ever elusive black helicopters that chase them.

Merseyside is in the UK, correct?

edit: nothing on NUFORC.org about this event.

I suspect this image is a photoshop though.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
hmmm...It looks horribly fake to me. I can do better, in fact I HAVE done better.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Spotted!!! Check the direction of the light from the shadows it's making on the bridge. Now check out the direction it's coming from on the UFO... enough said.

It's coming from the left to the bridge yet from the right to the UFO.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
ok , not saying it is real but a few points..

1) your assuming the shape of the ufo is disk shaped , trianglular shaped objects can do odd reflections like the pic

2) the refected light off the car infront is directly behind the camera and not to the left or right

3) when zoomed in , the ufo suffers the same lens / motion blur artifacts as the bridge

4) give up ?

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by acidhead]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
yeah but check out the reflection on the red car infront - thats not comming from the left

Really? Where would you say it's coming from? It looks like it's coming from the south/west of the car to me, just like on the bridge. The Bridge is obviously higher up though to catch more sunlight and make more of a shadow. The car that the picture is from is probably blocking out some of that to the car in front.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
take for eg the white van - the front is bright white , the left side in view is rather darker so the sun isnt comming from the left at all really

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the picture of the ufo? its a fake, for a start image of the ufo is the exact same, and i mean exact, as the one on the poster in mulders office, u know the "i want to belive poster!

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The UFO looks to be added to the picture. I took the image, sharpened twice in Photoshop, and increased the contrast a bit... and we get the tell-tale halo around the image and other artifacts that indicate some editting has occurred.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Nice one Skeptic, it looked a little too perfect.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I live in Widnes(merseyside), this is the town where this picture is taken. I must say there are no recoreds of this being taken in and paper or on the news.
If your zoom in real close to the picture you can see its been put in by the outer edge.

How ever 4 years ago there was an article in the news paper with 2 ufos over the bridge, i suspect this was a hoax too, but it looked alot more real that this.
Also...
Last summer at night, I was lying on a bowling green at night looking up with my mates, at the stars. Then one of us noticed 2 strange moving objects moving across the sky, when they got closer to each other 1 of them turned at an angle more than 90degrees. I was astonished by this, at first i thought of it being a helicopter but it was well to high, then i thought satalite or star, but it was moving to fast and stars and satalites dont take turnings like aliens do...lol. But still i believe to this day what i saw was a craft of sum kind. It is definatly a UFO(because it was flying and it is unidentified).
At first it creeped me out but i actualyl look out for them now, it is amazing to see these. No matter what anyone says about these I still believe what I saw, yet fakes are made, and they shouldnt be*If you make these I hope you get abducted 1 day.
If you believe what I saw support me, and if you have saw stuff like this tell me about it. *Watch the skies*

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I thought it was fake, the first time I saw it. Then I began to ask myself the question. Why is it that every single picture of a supposed ufo is real horrible quality? I mean, with the technology we had these days, I'm sure the quality and clarity of ufo pictures would have been far superior to those of the 1950's. By the way Skeptic, the Big Lebowski is an excellent movie. "no novelty machines? and you call this a bowling alley?"

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
adverserath sort out your avatar man, it's far too big.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
out of pure scientific curriosity

i copied the "I WANT TO BELIEVE" ufo under the pics ufo and also done the contrast on a nearby object to see how this magical halo thing worked.

im still not saying its genuine but the ufo is slightly different to the "want to believe" one and going by your acid test , the bridge is also fake

jra

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Halo's can form around photographed objects. Not sure on why that happens, but i've had it happen on my photography. Usualy when you have a dark object infront of the sky. The halo and what not around the UFO could also be a result of jpg compression as well.

But with all that said, i still think it seems fake. And that other thing is supposed to be a helicopter? I notice a few dark spots just below it. The "helicopter" seems pasted in and some one forgot to erase parts of the image and clean it up. Just looks really sloppy. So that doesn't give the UFO itself much credit.

Were there any reports from that day of that sighting? surely all those people driving across that bridge would have seen it... unless they are all blind.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
allegedly, again i say allegedly - within the last day or 2 a "UFO type object" is said to have been recovered from the river mersey by widnes, its a small town so more info should come if theres anything to this current rumour

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wow, I dont live too far away.

Whats the source? do you have any links and is there any more info??

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
nothing to add so far, was just a bizarre coincidence that 2 people i know both heard about it 2nd/3rd hand n knowing im of an "alternative" mind were asking me if i knew what went on...... haven't been able to track down any real info, partly why i replied to this thread to see if any ATS members had any info themselves

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Still rather interesting.

If you do hear anything else please update us!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Gemwolf because: Misread a reply.

new topics

top topics

join