It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parliament Hill in Ottawa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I watched a TV show last night about an elderly gentleman who took care of stray cats in a city. But the most striking thing about the show was the setting - Parliament Hill in Ottawa.

The cleanliness and old world architecture struck me as breathtaking. It was totally unlike any gov't structures I've seen in the states. It gave me a sense of awe, thinking of the history imbedded in those massive stone walls.

See for yourself:

/5nd7vr

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It is a beautiful place. I live about 4 hours away.
Like any city, it has a dark side to it, but it is clean, and we take pride in our Capital city.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ottawa is an incredibly beautiful city, rivaled only by Victoria, BC.

All the provincial buildings in Canada look much the same, we must have gotten a good deal on stone or something.

BC Parliament at night:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I watched a TV show last night about an elderly gentleman who took care of stray cats in a city. But the most striking thing about the show was the setting - Parliament Hill in Ottawa.

The cleanliness and old world architecture struck me as breathtaking. It was totally unlike any gov't structures I've seen in the states. It gave me a sense of awe, thinking of the history imbedded in those massive stone walls.

See for yourself:

/5nd7vr

If you are in awe of Ottawa, Quebec City will totally knock you out. Old world architecture, narrow streets, the only walled city in North America...and having no French is not a problem. Take the train in...a cab to a B&B or inn in the Old City...walk the streets, sample the bistros and and cafes. Sublime.

Or St John's Newfoundland...God's country!

Toronto...I could go. C'mon up...we'll leave a light on.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My hometown!!
I could look out my window and see parliment right down the street.
I really should do a video of how beautiful this city is to show everyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I was there when I was about 10 (many moons ago) and got to see the changing of the Guards. I believe I have that on 8mm film. I must check.

I never forgot it. It was a special day and I can't wait to get back there. Some year
(

I flagged it as I hope to draw attention to this post. More attention to the beautiful city.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ottawa is a very clean and nice city, a bit boring at times due to the heavy political climate surrounding it and just on a side note, Quebec city isn't all that.

You want architecture? Go to any major European city and you'll be knocked off your socks, not Quebec city I'm sorry. I live about 1 hour away from Quebec city for the record...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pipconvert
Ottawa is a very clean and nice city, a bit boring at times due to the heavy political climate surrounding it and just on a side note, Quebec city isn't all that.

You want architecture? Go to any major European city and you'll be knocked off your socks, not Quebec city I'm sorry. I live about 1 hour away from Quebec city for the record...

And if you can't get to Europe...then go to Quebec's Old City. It's great!

Ottawa? Boring? In my estimation, it makes Toronto look like Montreal.

top topics

join