It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush Keep UFO Promise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
On November 4, 2002, President George W. Bush attended a Republican campaign rally at Northwest Regional Airport in Arkansas. Charles Huffer reports, "I had a chance to shake his hand. I reminded him that over two years ago he had promised me that he would finally tell us the truth about UFOs, if elected. I then asked President Bush if he intended to keep that UFO campaign promise. He looked me in the eyes and answered: 'Yes.' I forgot to ask when!"
Bush made his original promise to Huffer on July 28, 2000 in Springdale, Arkansas. The UFO promise was taped by ABC News and broadcast on Nightline that night, on CNN the next morning. A short interview with Huffer appeared on the front page of the Washington Post the next morning.

Huffer writes, "Nobody seems to think President Bush will keep his UFO promise. But he could have told me 'No' or 'I don't recall making that promise.' But he did not."

Meanwhile, UFO reports continue coming in from all over the world. In the Australian UFO Bulletin, Paul Norman reports on a series of sightings in the National Park, where up to 20 craft have been seen at one time.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Seeing as how his daddy was once one of those in charge of keeping this secret, it's pretty unlikely that promise will be kept. George Bush Sr. is many things, but he's no idiot. It's a good bet that Jr. doesn't have a clue, as daddy knew better than to tell him...

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
hmmm, the question is really ambiguous though isn't it. I mean, just think about the actual questions for a minute and GWB's answer....
ok, thats enough.
Now, what's to stop GWB saying that UFO's are just natural phenomena or the like, because, so far as he has been briefed by advisors, thats all they are. This guy cant even be bothered, or more probably cannot actually, read the briefing papers put before him and has his advisors do it for him. In effect he would be telling the truth, so he can easily answer 'Yes' and look someone in the eye whilst doing it.

Its the political game of playing with words and meaning. What the guy should have more likely asked is something akin to:

Mr President, is it true that some alleged UFO's seen and recorded on or visiting this planet have not been made by humans and are not natural phenomen?

Bt more complicated, but its less ambiguous - a simple Yes or No raises other questions that the press could then follow up on and at least things would get interesting.

Ask open ended questions and you will get uninformative answers. We most likely all know what the guy actually meant when he asked the question, but politics is poilitics and ari fleischer et al are just gonna drive a big old peterbilt through this one.

...not asking for a date is a bummer too

[Edited on 8-1-2003 by phait]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If any of us actually would think for one minute that Bush would keep any campaign promise, then maybe we've been spending too much time with our head in the stars. He can't be trusted to keep a promise on the most simple matters, so why would he keep his promise about UFOs and other huge military/intelligence secrets?
---Ryan

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have to agree, it's not like he's going to suddenly announce on live tv that aliens are visiting

I'd be willing to be he's been briefed on in and told to keep quiet

Shame.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'll bet he's going to say something like "swamp gas" or "military aircraft"

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If I remember right, there was some other stuff to take into context, and it seemed like he was joking. But, he did mention that Dick knew, hehe...
Which really would not surprise me at all... There's another thread here about it, that has more of the conversation.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Does Bush know what an UFO is????

Bush:Is it an Unidentified Felony Object?

No!

Bush: Is it an Unidentified Farming Object?

No!

Lol!

top topics

join