It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Gaffes About "the Situation on the Iraq-Pakistan Border"

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What? Iraq borders Pakistan now?

I guess it's a mistake, although I'm not sure. I can't figure out what he meant. But all of his gaffes cause me to be concerned about McCain on foreign policy.

Maybe He Should Have Checked a Map Before He Went On Air

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
McCain is an idiot. What, is this like the 87th slip up or so? Something around there I'm sure.

Good post.

[edit on 7/21/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here's a few more of his gaffe's and addled position taking...sigh... If any other presidential candidate made these kinds of mistakes it would be the ONLY thing on the cable news shows. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have to admit. People are not perfect, and every candidate slips up here and there.

What I'm trying to figure out though, is why does this happen so much with him? I mean, I know he doesn't claim to be an expert in a lot of areas, and he has advisors for that, but you would think they would be advising him properly so as to avoid gaffes such as this.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

He's just slipping into senility. To elect him is equivalent to sabotage.

It was "I'm going to ban all beer" in his speech, and now this.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have to say that it was quite sad when the daily show made joke about McCains geography blunder.

When compare to Obama I guess Obama seems to be more prepare verbally and with less mental challeging problems.

I guess is due to the fact that he is the center of most of the attention now a days.

McCain sounds just like a replica of Bush when it comes to blunders.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that there are many more gaffes by both candidates that never make it on the air? It seems weird that so many of these threads deal with little things they do rather than the real issues that are going to affect our lives. Maybe ATS should set up a comedy section to post the gaffes. Some of them are hilarious.

Hey they are both human and trying their best. That's a lot of issues and facts to keep in your head no matter who you are. Your bound to mess up.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Dude, that is more than messing up. That is out right 'flip-flopping' on a daily basis on fundamental campaign positions that are critical for this country.

Endless editorial space has been spent in many MSM papers incl. the right-wing WSJ talking about this. It is so extreme that no one seems to know what his position is on anything substantive. And the Republicans are lamenting the loudest about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Its appears that most of the slip ups McCain has is connected to geography. Thats the one worse things that can happen, a newly elected president that does not know basic geography

Id rather have Obama with his 57 states than mccain with all his Gaffes

[edit on 23-7-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It was a mistake not a gaffe. Charleston Heston made the same mistake while debating Christopher Hitchens in 1987.

Heston remarked after Hitchens pointed out the error, "I guess you think I don't know the difference."

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hey Mabus - Look at the video I posted and tell me what those are called.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
I have to admit. People are not perfect, and every candidate slips up here and there.

What I'm trying to figure out though, is why does this happen so much with him? I mean, I know he doesn't claim to be an expert in a lot of areas, and he has advisors for that, but you would think they would be advising him properly so as to avoid gaffes such as this.

Maybe he's just exhausted from being on the campaign trail so long.. He is 72 years old, and even his much younger running mate succumbs to fatigue occassionally.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by Quazga

Maybe he's just exhausted from being on the campaign trail so long.. He is 72 years old, and even his much younger running mate succumbs to fatigue occassionally.

Yep that's a very good point. One I was thinking about myself earlier when responding to a different post. I guess you would agree that due to this level of campaign trail fatigue on their part, that these types of gaffes are pretty much non events?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Well with the mess our nation is right now and the falling economy I think that McCain will have a hard time surviving a presidential term.

So I hope that if he win he will not have to wear a respirator and be hook to an IV soon after learning the truth about how really bad the nation has been but kept hidden under secrecy.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Well with the mess our nation is right now and the falling economy I think that McCain will have a hard time surviving a presidential term.

So I hope that if he win he will not have to wear a respirator and be hook to an IV soon after learning the truth about how really bad the nation has been but kept hidden under secrecy.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by marg6043]

Marg,

You obviously don't know John McCain very well, he's more than ready for prime time, and could do two terms standing on his head.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
McCain is demented.
He finished at the bottom of his class at Annapolis.
The only reason he was ever let in was because his father and grandfather
were admirals.
I am sick of nepotism in Politics as it breeds retards who cannot make
it on their own merits like Bush and McCain.

The Vietnam war was a Disgrace to True Americans.
McCain napalmed villages of innocent boys and girls who did nothing
to us. That makes him a coward in my book. Just because somebody
declares war doesn't mean you should go.
The Vietnam and Iraq wars are two wars where the people who do not go
are the heroes. Martin Luther King said Vietnam was a disgrace.
Martin Luther King has a holiday named after him.
Bush has a sewage plant in San Francisco named after him.
McCain has my last turd named after him.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

That was very funny.

Electricneo I agree that Vietnam will always be one of those dark moments of American history that will still be glorified no matter what.

I lost an uncle on Vietnam.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

At least back then people had the decency to step up and inform the opponent of his mistake, nowadays it seems as if people are actually afraid to talk to one another, regardless of the perceived 'honorifics' of men who share their positions.

I mean, let's face it - all that 'competitive ambition' has turned us against one another, which is kinda the point.

This is worse than never realising the implications, this is realising the implications and proceeding regardless in order to acheive some temporary self-gratification.

McCain couldn't possibly have thought that saying anything about Iraq would step him up in the polls, i think he just wants more media advertisement and knows how to get it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

I don't know the difference.

Merriam Webster doesn't either.

1 : a social or diplomatic blunder
2 : a noticeable mistake

But it's an interesting point. What is the difference??

And then we have a "lie". I think Hillary LIED about landing under sniper fire. Most of these others are gaffes and mistakes made by men who have been campaigning night and day and are tired and can't think straight.

I once said, "We have killed children for selfish reasons". Good thing a camera wasn't on!

(Oh, by the way, that was a gaffe or mistake. We haven't really killed any children.)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've said it before and ill say it again. As much as I honor this mans service to the country as much as I respect what he has been through in nam,he is not fit to be president of the united states.

Something is really wrong here.Even thou I do not agree his views or the views of those he represents,I am starting to really feel sorry for this man.It's sad to see a fellow human being slowly lose it right before your eyes.If those around him really loves him they would pull the plug on this effort to become president before its too late.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Tricky63]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join