It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag disappears from Obama campaign jet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Wow, you fail to see the ironic musing invovled in my pointing out the yard sign issue?

The yard sign issue with Obama having the stars and stripes in his yard sign, and mccains lack of them in his own, is as equally pointless and childish as someone blasting obama for not having a lapel pin.

I apologize if you missed the irony...maybe i should have tried harder.

The lapel pin is yet another desperate grab for SOMETHING to discredit Obama for from the far right whacked out neocons. Keep grasping, whacko's, keep grasping

You're trying to conjure bad things out of thin air, and its not working.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

His logo is meant to indicate to you that the Sun is coming out over America, and he is that Sun.

Or, a sunrise....meaning that it will be a new day or new dawn....the start of something fresh, not recycled chicken-hawk talking points.

A CHANGE maybe?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I was referring to someone else's post where they alluded to the fact that Obama's "sun was rising above the flag (which if it is below the sun means it's on the ground). Which is just silly. But this thread and many like it are just that. Built on BS, because it is easier to debate abstract accusations than research real issues and policies.

I believe you misinterpreted my point. I apologize that I was not clearer.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Graf.....you just hit the nail on the McCain!!!!

Of COURSE the Obama logo is a sunrise!!!

Only someone who wishes to view a glass of water as 'half-empty' instead of 'half-full' would wish to interpret the Obama image as a 'sunset'.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I for one have far more distrust for those who wrap themselves up in the flag to sell a phony message and even more distrust for those who blindly follow. I'm so sick and tired of this "you have to show the flag and wrap up in it or your not American" Bull crap...let's talk about the issues instead eh? Step out of the box, think for yourself, stop the smearing and rumor mongering...let's make America a better place, and we can start by addressing the issues...who cares if there is a flag on the plane or not...what the hell? You guys nuts or something? We have a hell of a lot more important things than that to talk about! Wow. Unbelievable.

Republicans will stop at nothing to change the subject, divide the people, and distract everyone from what is really going on, and that is the continued oppression of minorities, the poor, and the working class for the benifit of a very small percentage of elitests...but what's new, it's been this way since the Colonies, while here we have a guy who isn't born with a silver spoon...it's our best chance yet, but you guys get all hung up on the flag? WTF!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

let's talk about the issues instead eh? Step out of the box, think for yourself, stop the smearing and rumor mongering...let's make America a better place, and we can start by addressing the issues

Please tell Obama that then. He'd rather do massive flip-flopping and avoid the issues. Afterall, how many votes did he miss and not take a stand on when he was a US Senator for 3 years? Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

while here we have a guy who isn't born with a silver spoon...i

What?? Obama grew up with his rich banker Grandparents in Hawaii. He was given everything, including a paid trip to Columbia U and Harvard by his typical "White" Grandma who is a wealthy banker.

Do some some research son.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

What a cop out...we could look at nearly all representatives adn senators and find a bunch of missed votes...and "avoiding issues"? Apparently you haven't ever experienced an Obama speach. Nothing could be further than the truth.

You guys crack me up with this...it's like talking with a bunch of 5th graders!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I didn't say he came out of poverty...it was a qualitative statement. Yes, since the founding of our country most of our senators, representatives and executive branch folks have been the wealthy land owners as it were....very few who are not part of this club have broken through...still Obama and his background is quite impressive in terms of being a bit closer to ground, but I'm sure you'll provide us with some strong contradictions and that's ok...in comparison to the alternative we have, I think the choice is clear.

*edit for spelling*

[edit on 23-7-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What a cop out...we could look at nearly all representatives adn senators and find a bunch of missed votes...and "avoiding issues"? Apparently you haven't ever experienced an Obama speach. Nothing could be further than the truth.

You guys crack me up with this...it's like talking with a bunch of 5th graders!

I'm sorry those of us that have a 5th grade level education can't be on your level Skyshow. It must be frustrating for you.

You don't need to talk down to us though almighty one.

You should at least try spelling the word "speach" as "speech", it might do you some good. You have made this easy spelling mistake more than once.

Do some reasearch now and when you are more informed, come back and talk with the big boys and girls

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

yes indeed it is quite frustrating. You hit the nail on the head with that one. I'm glad you are able to relate, I understand the spelling thing must be so frustrating for you as well...it is for me too...sometimes it's a typo, often it's bad spelling...I'm a horrible speller, so I need to remember to run spell check on this thing first before posting. If you had not have pointed it out I would not have even noticed the "speech" spelling.

Now what were we talking about again?

It's like it's in the right wingers genes or something. The distraction gene, I think it's called right? Hee hee...lighten up, it's just politics!

[edit on 23-7-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Dude, im totally voting for McCain, not just because i want a McPresident and all the funny mcdonalds pun jokes we can make... but can you believe that Obama didnt put an american flag on his *SNIP*? the nerve! The guy wants to be a leader of the most free country in the world and refuses to plow his wife with a patriotic phalas enhancer!

Is this what little wedge issues we are going to allow in this coming term?? Sorry but both democrats and republicans make me sick...

Mainly.....

Democrats had conrgess for how long and did nothing to stop the president

and......

Any republican true to their core values would immediately recognise that this administration is a polar opposite of traditional conservative (republican, for those of you who dont know what you claim to be) values

Republicans stance from what i understand is as follows

No nation building
Less government interference
Fiscal Conservatism
Anti-Gay (how many supposed rep.'s got caught with their pants down recently, or cruising mens restrooms)
Anti-Gay
Pro-Life (while waging war and killing innocent children in the name of democradcy..lol)

Why cant people just look inside themselves, realize its not black and white and that party affiliation whether it be to the republicans or democrats is in itself a cult..

also any republican that supports this administration by reciting Rush limbaugh or bill o'reilly, etc is basically a "LOYALIST"!! Not a true patriot, but a "LOYALIST" to a Fascist Dictatorship

Other than "protecting America from terrorism" name 10 things that this administration has done in the past 8 years that has directly benfited you without harming the country (economically, socially,etc)

Doesnt anyone remember that during vietnam when our soldiers were dying in an unpopular war that we werent giving up our freedoms?!?! There were marches and protests in this country demanding more freedoms (for blacks and women) WHY are we sooo willing to let them run away with our freedoms this time around?

sorry, bounced from topic to topic here

Viva la Revolucion!

Mod Edit: For Inappropriate Reference.

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.
Please Review Our Terms And Conditions

[edit on 23-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by killjoy99

I agree for the most part with what you said, except, one must remember that the Democratic majority since 2006 is not an overwhelming majority. Remember that it takes 2/3 majority to over-ride a veto, and because of the near razor sharp majority, much of the Democratic agenda does not get to the floor because there wouldn't be enough votes.

Basically what we have is a bi-partisanship congress and that translates into "do nothing" and so it's status quo...the corporations and the elite who continue to benefit from this situation love it...we the people continue to take it from behind.

What we need is to rebuild our unions, and push hard for more working class representation, and issues that benefit the "people". It would be even nicer if we had a strong third party that represented our interests, but until we do away with the delegate system, the two party system will stay in place co-opting various movements and basically relegating the "peoples" issues to a sea of doldrums and deflated sales on the ship. Sad, but that appears to be what is happening now, and a look at history suggests this has been the plan all along.

Nevertheless, we can sway the pendulum in our favor by working with the people nearest to our interests, and avoiding the pitfalls we have seen particularly since the 1994 right wing Gingrich Republican Revolution, and more obviously and specifically since Bush and the neo-cons were put into power by the 5-4 decision in the courts in the 2000 mess.

Do you folks believe Obama will show himself to be an agent of change, or do you think he will fall back into the Corporate yes man mold? I suspect it may be more of the latter, but some of both. Either way it's a better choice than the alternative.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Obviously.

The only real point of contention in this thread has been over since it was pointed out that McCain's jet doesn't have a flag either.

Just another chance for some familiar names to post innuendo, out of context (or made up) quotes, and FUD.

This thread isn't about Obama's jet, it's just another mudslinging spree by people who clearly view ATS as just another outlet for their partisan "talking points"

[edit on 7/23/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

good point xmotex. I however, enjoy talking with real people about things like this though, and found this thread in the context of the ridiculous side stepping fabricated bogus idea of not having a flag means someone isn't this or that...and if you read my posts, I think I made that point pretty clearly. I'm not trying to be partisan either, as I suggested we (the people as apposed to the wealthy elites and corporations who have been in control) would probably be better served by a third party but that they current 2 party system prevents that from happening (remember Ross Perot? Even his vast popularity and monies couldn't break out of that mold). I then commented that our best choice is Obama, and in light of the fact that McCain's plane doesn't have a flag either speaks mountains to the nonsense of continuing to create debate over scare crow non issues.

but whatever, I thought ATS was for reading and posting in threads with the object being the sharing of information?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

let's talk about the issues instead eh? Step out of the box, think for yourself, stop the smearing and rumor mongering...let's make America a better place, and we can start by addressing the issues

Please tell Obama that then. He'd rather do massive flip-flopping and avoid the issues. After all, how many votes did he miss and not take a stand on when he was a US Senator for 3 years? Hmmm.

Dude your reaching due to your dislike - Mccain and Obama are both politicians...

BOTH men have changed positions and will continue to change positions.
A good leader needs to adjust and learn... The only leaders who do not shift have been the dictators and kings with one concern on their mind!

Democracy or a republic need to be flexible, one man has to be the will for 330000000

It seems that you focus to much on Obama in general which blinds you to the behavior of others.

Anyhow I think your approach is exactly what the American public is sick of -
Launching as much turd as you can from every angle. You have tried

turbans
preyers
flag pins
etc...

Unfortunately I think you are really fighting an intense hatred of GWB - IF you took all your frustration times eight years, tripled by actual presidential action you would understand the core level of the average Obama considerer.

This affinity is actually has as much to do with Bush's actions as it it does Obama's --- everything.

Anyhow it seems you have been using swift boat style this whole corse and frankly the average reader is going to react to that by shutting down. I for one am still very very disappointed about the attacks maid on Kerry, he was a war hero by AMERICAN standards... The argument should have been on policy... After that I will never again even consider the republican party as my party. I see that it is willing to win by any means necessary and by using high school type mentalities to discredit the actions of one of our troops is below the pail - red or blue! I would not stand for it if it was the other way around!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

My post was not aimed at you, sorry if you took it that way.

I don't mind having a conversation about the facts here, I'm just frustrated with the profusion of meaningless political attack threads & disinformation on ATS (usually aimed at Obama) - not that political discussion is taking place in general.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

no prob...I wasn't sure...I love that avatar...Jupiter is so beautiful and large--almost a star. I've been wondering if it was possible that Jupiter was the Nibaru talked about by so many and that it was captured long ago and caused the asteroid belt to come about...but that's for another thread.

And I definately agree with the poster previous to yours about the swift boating thing...we'll have to see if this junk really begins to come about...the other branch of the elite, the corporate media, loves to derail everything with rumors and bogus junk--anything but cover a politician who dare suggest something be done for the people, or to talk about the actual issue. I imagine there are many former Republican's as a result of the 04' tactics. BTW, did Carl Rove ever show up? Wasn't he supposed to testify before congress? yuk, memories of the grand wizard himself and the 04' election.

*fingers crossed* that this time it will stay close to the issues.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Skyshow, i totally agree with you about "Staying on the issues"

however, when threads are created that focus on the issues - they get bumped down to page 3 because its not what the masses want to read....

its sad but true.

The decision 2008 forum has almost become a digital realm for Jerry Springer withdraw patients who use it to post Anti-politician filth and grime.

i could give you a smorgasbord list of threads that talk about the issues, but really, just go to about page 2 or 3 of t his forum and look

My personal favorite (for biased reasons) is called Voting Records speak for themselves

you can go there and see all those whom are interested in actual issues, and see those who aren't in there ...then add 2+2 and see what is going on here hehe

anyways, things like "American flag disappears from Barack Obama's neckerchief" are just futile attempts to squash the man who's squashing conservatism.

Conservatism has reared its ugly head for the last 8 years.
Its time for Change.

Lapel pin or not....

Closing thought:

If conservatism's foundation rests on "holding onto the past" how can the ideal itsself ever move forward?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Jetxnet is going to need a triple by-pass come next jan...

I feel for him/her in that I know how it feels - I hold a common type love for GW+DC...
In fact mine is probably stronger and has much more history behind it.
Love that this thread has touched on spelling and childlike mentalities, thats a bit of my argument

Poor guy could spin O giving a lifeless child CPR and turn it into molestation.

Maybe I could do the same with our current FT potus...

I wonder who satan would pick as a general O or B/C!

I've got my answer already and it seems he/she does as well.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by mental modulator]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join