It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag disappears from Obama campaign jet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

No it wasn't me. The Flag pin was a tradition since 9/11 that all Candidates do not forget what happened that day.

I guess Obama supports 9/11 or blames America, so why should he honor America? He didn't.

Not really sure what you are trying to convey....
Who made this tradition mandatory?

Also, the point of a rhetorical question is NOT to answer. I's meant to make the reader think. But I guess you wouldn't get that would you?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So if a person wants to run for public office, he must confirm to what written law that states that he must wear a little bitty flag as confirmation that he is as corrupt as the other crooks and swindlers that do wear one? Wonder who owns his campaign aircraft and if Obama had any say so about the paint scheme? I think a person that has concern for his country's future could find more relevant issues to debate, than a symbol, that has been tarnished by the present administration.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

wow, i guess the ability to exercise freedom of speech doesn't work both ways. The ability to not have to say anything, or symbolize it.

Painting a flag does not make you a patriot, just like walking into a church doesn't make you a good christian.

Don't Cheney and GW wear flags on the lapels of their jackets? A lot of good it does.

I have a feeling that no matter what this man does, your gonna crucify him.

What does that big O say to me???:

that he is a shrewd business man who is taking his own plane and using it business to get his name and symbol out, just like someone puts the name of their company on the side of the truck.

And if he has the saavy to figure this out, good for him.

The only thing that concerns me is that someone is going to confuse that O with oprah.

But that may be a calculated decision too.

He may be secure enough in his patriotism that he does not have to tout it.

Just like the most secure religious believers don't have to wear crosses or throw the name of Jesus in every sentence.

It is a symbol. It is not the only representation of patriotism.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Your analogy for defending Obama's Patriotism is very weak.

that he is a shrewd business man who is taking his own plane and using it business to get his name and symbol out, just like someone puts the name of their company on the side of the truck

Obama knows nothing about business or economics. Unless of course, you want to talk about kickbacks from illegal land deals in his Chicago district with the likes of slumlords like Tony Rezko.

He should try and be creative instead of ripping off everyone elses speeches and symbols.

There are numerous Red Flag indicators with regard to his Patriotism that can't be anymore blatent unless you're drinking Obama Kool-aid, which you no doubt are.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
How many more snippets of circumstantial questions about "O"s integrity or patriotism are going to have to surface before people wise up? This guy is bad news. I believe in personal freedom. The actions and choices that a man in the United State makes are physical manifestations of his ever shrinking constitutional rights. This being stated, I think any man or woman seeking the position of POTUS must be held to a higher set of standards. The position it to important to us and to the world as a whole for a person to take the liberties with tradition that "O" has.
In closing, If I hear this clown called a "Rock Star" one more time I am going to scream. OK, I'll just go ahead and scream.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ObamasLoveChild]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

No not really. I don't like either candidate. I like McCain on a personal level.
But I think he is just another four years or so of the Bush legacy. I think Obama has not idea what life is like for the average American, but is less contaminated.

I don't care if this was McCain doing this to his Plane with a big M. Or Mc

But using similar symbolism is a business strategy. Why do you think every car decal is oval?With the exception of Chevy? Many,many symbols contain a circle.
The use of the circle in many emblems, from oprah to cars, has always been used. Circles psychologically imply a deeper meaning; such as constant, infinite, boundless aspect, and unbroken.

So who exactly did Obama rip off? The person who created the no smoking sign? The wedding ring? The circle on the celtic cross?The ying-yang?The pentacle? the bio hazard sign?

Sorry to bust your bubble(also a circle) but campaigning is a business. You hire people, you gather money, your make your company known.

Everyone recongizes the symbol of the American flag. Everyone knows(or I hope they know) what it represents. But when your selling something, you need to sell your product.

If I wanted people to learn of my company, I would put my company logo on the car, not the flag. A flag would just keep me anonymous.

Does it mean I don't love my country or ideals, or the flag itself? No.

If that was the case, then EVERYONE is in trouble for not posting a flag.

People on ATS are the first to accuse others of being sheeple. Yet, when Obama doesn't act like a political sheeple, you hang him out to dry.

Considering that our Congress and President and everyone that surrounds him is dirty and highly unlikeable right now, Obama may be trying to segregate himself from all that: not looking like a political sheep.

You can accuse me all you want of being obamafied. The fact is that I would not have any qualms whatsoever about McCain doing it too. His actions speak his principles, not a piece of jewelry on his lapel or paint on a plane.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Don't lecture me on busienss, I happen to know how business works quite well.

Obama has ripped off speeches, in fact, here is a little snippet of that for you:

To push a theme is one thing, but to push it in the arrogant form Obama has is not only putting you below him, but is selfish to boot. He is trying make himself out to be some kind of hero. You have to earn that title. Obama certainly has not.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Now your just acting angry and bitter and I am bowing out of this conversation.

All I am saying in a nutshell is that it is just read into way too much.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wonder if there is any significant occultic symbolism for his logo.

I know the circle is one
3 stripes is another (perhaps triune)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
Maybe they felt that the red white and blue colors were enough. Flag or no flag, a vote for McCain is a vote for a war with Iran. Maybe we should be focusing on that instead of looking at airplane art.

that war will come either way .. with McCain people will say we will have an offensive war .. and with Obama and his ways we will have defensive war..

Iran is and will become more dangerous . The republicans want to take actions before the threat becomes worse with a nuclear option in Iran's arsenal..

Obama's democratic party has to go to action because they will let it come to a point they have to because Iran has got the nuclear option in there arsenal because there political view and the action flowing out of those views. In the worse case scenario Iran uses it on Israel and we will have a big problem with nuclear clouds over Europe ect.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I know the circle is one

The rising Sun is another.

Good points .. Republicans are predominately proactive while liberals are reactive.

We cannot afford to have a radical Islamic Theocracy like Iran Nuclear armed. A Nuclear Iran will make Hitler look like Little Red Riding Hood. Hitler always wanted Nukes and would have used them. Can you imagine the death and destruction the Nazis would have caused with Nukes? We don't want to find out with Iran.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

I know the circle is one

The rising Sun is another.

Good points .. Republicans are predominately proactive while liberals are reactive.

We cannot afford to have a radical Islamic Theocracy like Iran Nuclear armed. A Nuclear Iran will make Hitler look like Little Red Riding Hood. Hitler always wanted Nukes and would have used them. Can you imagine the death and destruction the Nazis would have caused with Nukes? We don't want to find out with Iran.

there are story enough even on ATS that Nazi germany had a nuclear device and tested it on a small island. but try google ect . the only thing is that they did not had time to build another device and use it. but we are getting of topic.

but if said above earlier in this topic it is needed to use a flag for identification they have to .. and if they don't use the flag of the USA they create the image they could even try for the run of president of another nation.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I guess those of us that see obama for who he really is, might sound a little rude but I really feel there are very few obama people out there.We just have a lot of the same people makeing the same noise with a lot of media backing(witch people are starting to see the bias now).You know if obama looses and I belive he will,all you obama people along with about 75% of the madia are going to look really lame.
You might read your Ben Franklin Quote real close,if Obama makes it and instills his Civilian national security force,WE will loose both.But then thats change!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
The sheer audacity of this guy is disturbing enough, but when you couple it with the blind devotion of his supporters, it's positively frightening! It's almost cult-like..

[edit on 21-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

Are you talking about W or Obama here

Jetxnet and his ilk are a lost cause in this election cycle. They will glom onto anything, no matter the ridiculousness of the charge and run with it like Obama is the devil incarnate. Whether it is Obama not putting his hand across his heart during the playing of America the Beautiful (which is NOT the national anthem and hence the hand heart thing is unnecessary) or the non flag pin on Obama's suits (because you know, a $3 flag pin made by slave labor in China says "I'm a patriot"). To my fav; the terrorist fist bump. My god if that is a terrorist handshake then we need to arrest the entire NBA/NFL/NCAA/NHL/MLB and THIS man too!!

I mean, my god, this man was a president and the head of CIA, he must be stopped!

It is the sheer ideological bankruptcy of the Right that has them clinging to anything to bring Obama down, no matter the silliness of the charge.

Best to ignore these threads so the venom filled can have their hurumphs with each other. The rest of us should go talk about aliens!

Obs out

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Jetxnet and his ilk are a lost cause in this election cycle. They will glom onto anything, no matter the ridiculousness of the charge and run with it like Obama is the devil incarnate

And who has the Beelzebub Avitar for POTUS??

BTW, Obama is pro-China slave labor. He favors continued trade status though the trade deficit is 220 Bil and climbing. Obama voted against strengthening foreign trade policy laws to prohibit against those unfair trade practices that China has been doing.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Jetxnet and his ilk are a lost cause in this election cycle. They will glom onto anything, no matter the ridiculousness of the charge and run with it like Obama is the devil incarnate

And who has the Beelzebub Avitar for POTUS??

BTW, Obama is pro-China slave labor. He favors continued trade status though the trade deficit is 220 Bil and climbing. Obama voted against strengthening foreign trade policy laws to prohibit against those unfair trade practices that China has been doing.

Me, I have that avatar, because it's funny! Come on, Beezelbub/Chuthulu 08!!
I don't like either candidates stance on China. Both parties ingratiate themselves to China. If we are supposed to be a city on a hill we need to stare the Chinese down and get them to stop using forced labor and having an increasingly atrocious environmental record. The U.S. ain't perfect but we certainly are not as screwed up as China.

So there, take that! I agree with you on that one. I hope your head does not 'splode upon that realization.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23

I know the circle is one

I recommend looking at his Signature:
From Wikipedia

www.symbols.com...

One of the signs for vitriol in early chemistry.

Early Chemistry meaning Alchemy

I am sure Jextnet is going to have a field day...

I for one, know that the fix is in. I just would prefer an eloquent, younger president than an old man with temper issues. That is just me.
DocMoreau

P.S. I am surprised that no one else caught that John McCain is using the Nautical Star in his campaign logo (For someone who represents the red states, where is the red in his campaign?) I am sure he remembers when it was a Gay/Lesbian symbol while he was in high school...

Edit to add a link for vitriol... in case you don't know what that is...

[edit on 22/7/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Good for Obama.

Let's reserve our sacred symbols, like the USA flag, for things that are important -- like marching into just battle and honoring the gravesites of fallen soldiers. Or flying this flag at the absolute focus of our government institutions -- state houses and national monuments.

Let's not cheapen this symbol by plastering it all over airplanes and car bumpers, and wearing it casually like lapel jewelry.

That is my opinion. I don't want to fight about it.

Edit: Seems stupid to fight about what "disrespecting" the flag means. It is a bit like arguing what constitutes disrespect for the Koran. I know many people here will agree with me about that!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

So there, take that! I agree with you on that one. I hope your head does not 'splode upon that realization.

Nice
agreement is always good!

McCain may have temper issues, but Obama has a "my shyte don't stink" issue if you know what I mean. I'd much rather have a POTUS that isn't embarassed by his own people or talking down to them like children, much like Obama does.

I want someone humble. Obama is far from humble.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join