It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter Killed, 2 Hurt In Mo. Standoff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Firefighter Killed, 2 Hurt In Mo. Standoff

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS/ AP) A gunman shot at firefighters responding to a report of a burning pickup truck early Monday, killing one, then opened fire on other emergency workers, wounding two.

The incident - which appearged to be an ambush - began at 5:40 a.m. with a report of a pickup truck fire in Maplewood, a suburban town just southwest of St. Louis. When firfighters arrived, someone began firing shots from a nearby home.

St. Mary's Hospital spokesman Eric Clark said a firefighter/paramedic from Maplewood was killed. The city identified him as 22-year-old Ryan Hummert. Officials said he was shot to death as he got off the fire truck.

The house from which the shots were fired later burned to the ground.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 7/21/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Firefighters and emergency personnel shot while responding to fire in St Louis Mo. The article then goes on about how many killings have been going on there in the past months.

Looks like people are going past the boiling point.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The incident was the latest of several high-profile crimes in the St. Louis region this year, according to CBS affiliate KMOV in St. Louis. In February, a disgruntled resident of the suburban town of Kirkwood walked into a City Council meeting and killed two police officers, two council members and the public works director before he was gunned down by police. In June, an Arkansas couple was beaten to death outside a hotel in Festus. Last week, two people died inside Jamestown Mall in north St. Louis County. And on Saturday, 57-year-old Boris Shotekoff killed his wife and sister and brutally beat his brother-in-law before taking his own life, police said.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow you ever see third watch?

There was a scene that played out like this.. I was thinking it really would suck in real life..

I wonder why they would target Fire/EMS like this.. really makes no sense what so ever..

In the event with Third Watch, the guy was mental and was crazy.. I wonder what this guys story is..

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The city identified the slain firefighter as 22-year-old Ryan Hummert, son of former Maplewood Mayor Andy Hummert. Officials said he was shot to death as he got off the fire truck.

That is just so sad.

I am interested in seeing pics of this gunman.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

I am interested in seeing pics of this gunman.

Its just insane. Why would anyone shoot a firefighter trying to put out a fire...

I would like to see a pic of him too, just to see what kind of person does stuff like that.

top topics

join