It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compair and Contrast: (Urantia Papers and Terra Papers)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump

Originally posted by kidflash2008
"The Terra Papers" seem to be taken from Von Daniken, Zecharia Sitchin, and George Lucas (his Death Star makes a guest appearance). I did not read 'The Urantia Papers", but they seem to be a from of Christian dogma and Scientology.

Actually, the Terra Papers predate Star Wars by 2 years. George Lucas actually consulted the Indian tribe where the papers came from to get material for his new project.

Ahhhh. Is this true? I presumed he got his information through Campbell... Perhaps Campbell merely pointed Lucas in that direction...

Still, the point I made that more than just Morning Sky hold the information is bolstered by this, if true.

Thanks for chiming in. [smile]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Maybe the three authors were all thinking about this at the same time frame. It would not be unusual as the late 1960s and early 1970s were a major "New Age" boon and many theories were coming out. Zecharia Sitchin, Erich Von Daniken and Robert Morning Sky just happened to still be popular while many others faded away on the subject. All the authors are interesting in their own right, and I hope Mr Morning Sky actually gets more material from his people and puts out a book on this subject. I don't necessarily believe it, but I do enjoy reading these theories, especially when they find strange works of art to show proof of their theories.

As long as people realize the human experience is a lot more profound and they were much smarter than we give them credit for. Aliens did not have to come down here and build all the great pyramids and other structures as we had the know how and smarts to do it. It is lost in history with the destruction of the library of Alexandria as one of the greatest losses of knowledge in history.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund
I have the Alien Interview in PDF form on my computer but don't know how to post it as a link - otherwise it is available for $5 to download now from the Editors site (alieninterview.org) instead - I can email my copy to someone to post if they know how -

Sorry been busy

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Amaterasu

Maybe the three authors were all thinking about this at the same time frame. It would not be unusual as the late 1960s and early 1970s were a major "New Age" boon and many theories were coming out. Zecharia Sitchin, Erich Von Daniken and Robert Morning Sky just happened to still be popular while many others faded away on the subject.

Well, first... Morning Sky was NOT "popular." His work went virtually unknown. He was never in the news (except possibly on local stations, though I have no reports that this did occur).

Second, the Terra Papers are NOT "New Age." New Age implies a spiritual element, a "religious" outlook. The Papers, on the other hand, are history. The fact that there are many, many elements that are backed up by archaeological finds and translations is key to grasping that the Papers just might be very close to the truth.

Third, Morning Sky was second on that list, time-wise. He wrote a term paper that differed from Von D in detail, mostly, and in fact gave a great deal more detail - a great deal of which explains the world around us today.

So I'm thinking that what you offer here is less than convincing...

All the authors are interesting in their own right, and I hope Mr Morning Sky actually gets more material from his people and puts out a book on this subject. I don't necessarily believe it, but I do enjoy reading these theories, especially when they find strange works of art to show proof of their theories.

Well... He has put out other works, but as for what he can release of what Bek'Ti gave the Hopi, that depends on the Elders. And I suspect he already has a great deal (or likely, all) of the information - he was chosen to learn the Bek'Ti information, after all. But he is constrained by honor to keep it hidden.

I think that, given that not just pictures, but texts can be offered up to prove these theories, a rational human would discern that there is much truth to them. And I think the Papers provide the closest view of the truth that we have.

As long as people realize the human experience is a lot more profound and they were much smarter than we give them credit for. Aliens did not have to come down here and build all the great pyramids and other structures as we had the know how and smarts to do it. It is lost in history with the destruction of the library of Alexandria as one of the greatest losses of knowledge in history.

I agree that the loss of the Library at Alexandria was a devastating blow to our historical knowledge - and it is conceivable that there were things there that the Grays did not want us having access to, wanting to maintain the very limited view of history, and so they contrived to have it burnt.

But given the fact that, even today, the technology available in the public sector cannot reproduce the pyramids as exactingly, and also, if you suggest that the Great Pyramid was built in 20 years, that would mean that one massive, multi-ton block was going into place every five minutes, 24/7.

Check out Nassim Haramein:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Clearly they were not doing that (putting these bricks in in 20 years at the rate of one every five minutes) with leavers and pulleys, rolling on logs and so on...

So are you suggesting that, alone and by ourselves, we used to have better building tech than we have today?

[edit on 8/18/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I personally study the Urantia Book. From my knowledge of the Terra Papers, it talks about the history of out planet. The Urantia Book discusses God and his creation. The Urantia Book does have a section discussing the history of our planet and others (potentially 7 Trillion), but when discussing other mortal life forms it does not go into detail. It says there are many different types. All have free will and can choose to worship God however they understand him.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The Urantia Papers were not channeled, actually its Revelators go against channeling materials, pg 865, paper 77, section 8, paragraph 13:

(865.6) 77:8.13 Their chief work today is that of unperceived personal-liaison associates of those men and women who constitute the planetary reserve corps of destiny. It was the work of this secondary group, ably seconded by certain of the primary corps, that brought about the co-ordination of personalities and circumstances on Urantia which finally induced the planetary celestial supervisors to initiate those petitions that resulted in the granting of the mandates making possible the series of revelations of which this presentation is a part. But it should be made clear that the midway creatures are not involved in the sordid performances taking place under the general designation of “spiritualism.” The midwayers at present on Urantia, all of whom are of honorable standing, are not connected with the phenomena of so-called “mediumship”; and they do not, ordinarily, permit humans to witness their sometimes necessary physical activities or other contacts with the material world, as they are perceived by human senses.

And yes they have authority, for example see this:

Truth may be but relatively inspired, even though revelation is invariably a spiritual phenomenon. While statements with reference to cosmology are never inspired, such revelations are of immense value in that they at least transiently clarify knowledge by:
(1109.7) 101:4.6 1. The reduction of confusion by the authoritative elimination of error.
(1109.8) 101:4.7 2. (...)

edit on 3-5-2013 by eli9x because: add (...)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Lmao! The Terran Papers read like another layer of the anti-Christian, anti- Northern European, Bolshevik CRT program that has been going on for several decades now. Like typical bolshevik-communist diatribe, they stole basic stuff from the ancient Sumerian myths, and reworked it in order to advance their own genocidal political cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join