It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - No Spiritual Awakening/Ascension/ Second Coming, Etc. - Then What?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle-2302

"What goes around, comes around."

"What shall ye sow, so shall ye reap."

sarc

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Great question. I believe that something significant will happen...although I am not sure what. I believe that the U.S. is in for some very hard times and I am one of those that is preparing for that. If nothing happens, then I will just have extra food and water.

Like I said, I don't KNOW what will happen, but I FEEL like something big is coming. I have felt this way for a long time even before I found out about 2012 predictions and the Mayan calender. It is like I have been preparing for this my whole life. I am 50.

Frankly I will be disappointed if nothing happens...and I don't think I will be alone with that feeling. I think life is very difficult and unfair. Sure, I see the good parts of it but I feel it could be so much better. I think it will take something huge to turn it around. I am willing to go through some bad times to get to the good times.

I also think that spirituality plays a big part in this and it is important to think positively about the future. I think if we are aware and positve, then the changes won't be so hard. If we are not awake and negative, then the times will be very difficult and possibly unbearable.

I would like to see equality with all humans, no more prejudice, no more murders, rape or war. And I do believe that the statement: Money is the root of all evil....may be the truest statement ever spoken.

Peace..

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The only thing that will happen is that everyone who thinks something will happen will be wrong. Remember Y2K? I didn't see a single plane fall from the sky and my computer still worked fine. The world has been coming to an end ever since the first human thought of it. I believe it was to have happened in 1984 also. I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
the only thing that is going to happen on 12 21 2012 is that a bunch of crackpots and their website are going to disappear the morning of 12 22 2012.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I've been hearing more and more things that are supposed to happen in 2012.

If you wiki 2012 you'll get a lot of stuff. Much of what is just random information. but if you keep your eyes on stuff that ATS people normally do anyway you can see a pattern.

Maya calender long count ends.
Complete solar eclipse as well as an annular solar and a couple of lunar.

according to other sources many prophecies (non biblical but religious nonetheless) are thought to be fulfilled in 2012.

and one that most don't know about.

the japanese drilling ship Chikyu Hakken (just wiki it) is scheduled to penetrate into the earths mantle in... 2012.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Great thread, although Im not sure there is enough room to post all the theories, ideas and prophecies without writing a book. As far as my own beliefs are concerned I know something is going to happen on that date and I agree with the earlier poster in that "I just know". I also have one major concern, the words spoken by Reagan when he said that only a common enemy, aliens, is what we need to make the world as one. Those words sound like the perfect excuse for manipulating mankind into the NWO trap. Disclosure may not be as it seems, in fact it may be a bigger con that 9/11. Am I concerned? yes. I can only hope for me and mine that everyone wakes up in time to do something to stop us being rats in the lab.

America is sometimes viewed as the big bad wolf by some on ATS and that is miss-placed blame. America, the UK or any country are only geographical points on the main prize. I view mother earth herself as the prize for those that are scheming, lieing and manipulating us. I dearly hope that whatever happens leads to a better life for the next generations and hope they dont blame us too much for the mess we have left them in.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

that would be fine, but Mayan long count is based on 36,000 not 26,000

it's just another day. they were not aware of galactic alignments, im sure they just saw no real reason to keep counting that far ahead in time.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

ahhh, so it'll be kind of like 1942, when we entered world war.

the world changed forever.

god, sometimes you people actually WANT something bad to happen so much that you truly disturb me... and that's no easy task.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by onlyhurtsu

I want to make clear that I'm not saying we're not awakening.
I myself feel a huge shift in conciousness but i meditate daily and practice Kundalini Yoga regulary which I beleive to have a great influence on my spiritual wellbeing.
I appreaciate the input though.

The question I am asking is how you would react if nothing significant (whether it being spiritual or physical) happens in the year 2012?
There is always the possibility of this.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sarcastic

That would be referring to which part of my post?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
2012 is still a long way away and even though I WANT something to happen I don't want to get my hopes up. Something needs to happen because the world we live in is pretty much going down the toilet and some type of natural/unnatural force needs to get it back on track. Being spiritual enlightment/disclosure. Whatever happens I hope something changes in the way we live our lives and how we view everything around us

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

Great question. I believe that something significant will happen...although I am not sure what. I believe that the U.S. is in for some very hard times and I am one of those that is preparing for that. If nothing happens, then I will just have extra food and water.

Like I said, I don't KNOW what will happen, but I FEEL like something big is coming. I have felt this way for a long time even before I found out about 2012 predictions and the Mayan calender. It is like I have been preparing for this my whole life. I am 50.

Frankly I will be disappointed if nothing happens...and I don't think I will be alone with that feeling. I think life is very difficult and unfair. Sure, I see the good parts of it but I feel it could be so much better. I think it will take something huge to turn it around. I am willing to go through some bad times to get to the good times.

I also think that spirituality plays a big part in this and it is important to think positively about the future. I think if we are aware and positve, then the changes won't be so hard. If we are not awake and negative, then the times will be very difficult and possibly unbearable.

I would like to see equality with all humans, no more prejudice, no more murders, rape or war. And I do believe that the statement: Money is the root of all evil....may be the truest statement ever spoken.

Peace..

Well thanks!

Yeah, I can see that happening too, the way things are going over there at the moment it seems like, as you said, there are going to be some very hard times ahead.
Well I can't relate to the food supplies you have, I haven't started stocking up on supplies for a situation x scenario just yet. I think there's still some time before that.
I can't say I've ever really had the feeling of something big coming before but I'm still young so i wouldn't really be able to compare. It's pretty interesting you say that though as if your in synchronization with the rest of the universe in what is to come. With all the different scenarios pointing towards the year 2012 I can see it being a very interesting one but we will see.
The part about the positive and negative feelings towards it, I've heard this quite a few times but find it very hard to comprehend with what is supposedly in store for us. With the apparent pole shift or disturbance in the Oort cloud and many other catacalysmic evens it would be hard to imagine by just having a positive attitude towards it you will be saved.
I too would like to see that happen but whether or not that could be a reality in the future I don't know. If you take a look at some of the things going on in the world today it's almost like there's no turning back and for a brighter future like that you would simply just need to start anew.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've been looking into this mayan stuff for about a good 6 years now. I got interested in it when i wa abou 20 or 21 years old. I truly believe something(s) are going to happen.

NASA has already seen sunspots with reversed polarity that indicate major changes soon to happen to Earth.

A naval science center or lab recreated the earths electromagnetic fields in a computer sim to see exactly how many times in the past the earths polarity has flipped. they decided to forward the clock and the polar fields flip on dec 21 2012.

I always imagine that our brains which function in hemispheres and are 90% dormant will also "flip" with the polar filed reversal. A lot of life forms on this planet use the earths magnetic fields. ie. birds use it to migrate, etc.. animals can feel disruptions in it and preemptively warn us of storms or catastrophies.

Are we so different from every other life form on this planet that a change in polarity of the earth will have absolutley no significant role in our biological make-up? i kinow a lot of people are skeptical about 2012 etc...

the mayans knew of astronomical alignments very well...all of there temples are in such an aligntment to the stars that we dont even know how they knew about planets that werent visible to the naked eye...

why dont you research about the ancient egyptians, sumerians, dogons, babylonians and there stories and astrological genius. read up on the sirius star constellation.

Its easy to be a skeptic and say nothings going to happen because I never read anything that told me otherwise. Its also easy to be a fanatic and say "we're all going to die and theres nothing we can do"

What we need to do is ensure that when something does happen on a global or national level that we put aside our minor differences and all help eachother out a bit. and if its going to be a man made catastrophe that benefitis only a handfull of world elite at the suffering of millions that "the millions" awaken, inform, and do everything in their power to STOP these people.

Until then... read up on as much as you can,m contribute knowledge into these forums, if you are skeptical... bring up some contradicting evidence based on fact before making outlandish statements that the mayans never looked up in the sky and had no astronomical knowledge. You my friend have no intellect or research capabilities apparently which is sad because i know you have the internet and the means to lookup information in the blink of an eye, but choose to make a bold statement about an ancient civilization you apparently know nothing about.

Hey,

we should start a discussion on how christianity stole all of its stories from the ancient civilizations..

noahs arc (sumerian)
adam and eve (mayan)
death of jesus, crucifiction, sacrifice for our struggle, etc (Dogon)
cross (original symbol of Mayan world tree)
pentagram (original symbol for sirius aka. sothis)
3 wise men story ( star alignment on that day had orions belt above sirius, etc)

theres tons of bible stories that were just taken from ancient wisdom/stories and then chrisitanity kills everyone off, reads there literature and claims that they came up with this and its absolute truth.. might be an interesting thread to start, hopefully people can bring some informed opinions and researched information to the table.. rather than just stating that jesus is great.

intellect vs. instinct... an internal battle

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scootermonster

Ah, but Y2K was just the involvement of man made machines and a supposed failure in them.
I believe that 2012 goes much, much deeper than that. I mean, the Mayan calander, the journey of the solar system into the galactic equator, a MASSIVE increase in the number of UFO sightings.
How would you react to something spectacular happening in that year?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Great thread, although Im not sure there is enough room to post all the theories, ideas and prophecies without writing a book. As far as my own beliefs are concerned I know something is going to happen on that date and I agree with the earlier poster in that "I just know". I also have one major concern, the words spoken by Reagan when he said that only a common enemy, aliens, is what we need to make the world as one. Those words sound like the perfect excuse for manipulating mankind into the NWO trap. Disclosure may not be as it seems, in fact it may be a bigger con that 9/11. Am I concerned? yes. I can only hope for me and mine that everyone wakes up in time to do something to stop us being rats in the lab.

America is sometimes viewed as the big bad wolf by some on ATS and that is miss-placed blame. America, the UK or any country are only geographical points on the main prize. I view mother earth herself as the prize for those that are scheming, lieing and manipulating us. I dearly hope that whatever happens leads to a better life for the next generations and hope they dont blame us too much for the mess we have left them in.

Well you'd be right in saying that and i highly recommend this book by Daniel Pinchbeck: www.amazon.com...
You can actually find it in your local Waterstones.
Regarding Reagans speech I actually found that to make a lot of sense. It doesn't necessarily mean he's subliminaly preparing the world into a one world government.
My take on it anyway, was that if the human race acknowledged how insignificant all their wars, anger and hate towards one another through an outside invasion much more serious they would put their troubles with one another aside and for once get on with each other. Would you like to speculate on what you believe will happen in 2012?
Hmm so you see Mother Earth as the main prize. I haven't actually heard this theory before. So why would you see it as that? What would the motive be?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

So you see it as simple coincidence that their calander ended on the exact same day of a galactic alignment? I agree with what your saying with their calander ending now. But i don't see any other civilization actually constructing a calander that has a cycle of tens of thousands of years that ends on a date with no significance. You see where I'm coming from?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
plus, the mayans started their calendar halfway through it.. they didnt start by saying "hey lets make a calendar, and today is the first day!" they basically had to figure out "Astonomically" where they were first in order to have a start and an end date. they also had the most sophisticated road system and didnt use the wheel. they knew about the wheel and they used it on childrens toys, but there is no evidence or artifacts that show they used the wheel. some believe they were landing pads and not roads.. also they were the first civilization to use or have a concept of "0" (Zero)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

yes, and i suppose people who treat cancer and scientists that are discovering things today have no methods either.. they just happen to "time and time again" stumble upon cures and treatments.. the years of dedication to schooling and knowledge has nothing to do with medicine or healing...

you see where I'm going with this?

mayans = astrology

more accurate calendar than you "gregorian" calendar made after pop gregory..

also did you know that july and august really werent originally months?

julius and augustus ceaser wanted to memorialize themselves by stealing a few days off the end of the existing 10 months at that time and create 2 additional months...

most ancient calendars were built around stars and astological alignments. they had purpose.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wow well thanks for the input mate!
So this electromagnetic field, your saying that with a shift it could also change a shift in our conciousness i.e. our brain power?
I really had no idea about the experiments carried out in those labs. Could you possibly give me a link to a thread or external source about this. I'm also starting my own research on the subject.
Yeah I've heard a lot about the Mayans astronomical knowldge which reminds me of the snake pattern that emerges down the side of one of their pyramids I think once every year.
I'll do that thanks.

I already have some basic knowledge of the sumerians.
Your right in the saying that but I'd say I'm more on the believer side just agnostic on what is to happen.
I agree with you competely on the part about helping each other
in the time of need and I think this will occur to us naturally anyway.
Well at this point I'm responding to one of the last paragraphs and I'm unsure how to respond.

I can only guess it wasn't directed to me because I have in no way stated that the Mayans had no astronomical knowledge but i firmly believe that they did.
Anyway yeah that should be a great thread to start! Best of luck, I'll be looking out for it with anticipation.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by onlyhurtsu

YOU go it
!! I totally agree... If you are unaware of the MASS shift in consciousness then you NEED to open your eyes a bit more.. you CANT keep denying it anymore (well you can..but at this point you are in willful denial) its EVERYWHERE; its the snow ball effect
One person finds out, then tells one or two more people and THEY in turn each tell one or two people.. and so on. The word is spreading FAST. I've even noticed on ATS, some skeptics have been re-evaluating their stance on topics such as: 9/11, Aliens and UFO's, 2012 etc... its REALLY an extraordinary thing to watch

Things have ALREADY started to happen, and it will only intensify the closer we get to 2012. There is nothing ANYONE can do to stop it... and BELIEVE me, It will be the most AMAZING process you could EVER imagine... you can quote me on that. Has anyone noticed how time has been "speeding up"? Finding it difficult to have enough hours in the day to accomplish your daily tasks? If you feel this, you are awakening or HAVE awakened in response to the energies that are constantly being sent to us; most of us are living in "timelessness" because of our expanding consciousness. I have been feeling this for MONTHS... and it is because linear time no longer serves us and we need to understand that time is not linear it is "liquid" and "flexible".

Yours in the light...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join