It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

let us bring up the electric car again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So yesterday my husband and I were watching who killed the electric car. I know, a day late and a dollar short.

But it was absolutely fascinating none the less, and I watched it with my mouth open.

This isn't another thread to debate the movie, there already has been one.

But given the time lapse, and current events, some things can be debated.

Have we recently witnessed a international monster game of chess?

Did the oil companies strong arm the automotive industry to killing the ev, and then only to turn around and backstab the automotive industry by manipulating the market till gas hit 4$ a gallon? Forcing Americans to be dependant on fuel, then jacking the prices for record profits?

I would like to say that I am sure the oil companies cushioned the car companies, but since GM, the ones who killed the ev in the first place, is in the red, I don't think that is the case.

Is GM kicking itself now? Considering they only had to wait a few more years for the cars to sell like hotcakes? Considering hybrids now have a six month waiting list? That the hybrids sales are slumping, just because there are none to sell?

Can GM and Toyota re invent the ev, and bring it back? Or are they still being held by the oil company.

And doesn't anyone else just see the irony that Arnold S. is governor of California, who is trying to be the flagship for the green movement. When A.S. is responsible for making the hummer, and hence the H2, a recreational vehicle.
Does he ever slap his forehead when he sees an H2 roll by?

Has he taken responsibility for it?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
im a big fan of just converting a car to electric instead of waiting for car co to make em

granted it can cost upto 8000$ but the end result is wonderful

living in seattle i have no need for a car, i take the buses, which are usually electric, or my bike or legs

so cars per se arent much for me, although i have built many pre war hot rods in my early years

i like cars but i think electric cars, should already be here, look at all the 1950's era futurama drawings of what they thought the 21st century would be like

we arent even close or atleast to a global scale or are we?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Now I did just see the Tesla.

Pretty....

and pretty expensive from what I understand.

Too bad that the only people who can afford them don't need to worry about $4 a gallon gas.

good for you that you don't need a car. You are very fortunate. Unfortunately here, it is really hard to get by without one.

But doesn't anyone see this as a double dip by the oil companies?

new topics

join