It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: What did you do with your stimulus check?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm doing a little private survey to find out what people do with their stimulus checks; I may turn it into an article.

So, please tell me: What did you do with your stimulus check?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by sylvie]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Straight to credit card debt. I wish we had polls here that would probably be fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Mainly gas. I think some mighta went to a cellphone bill or school. But mostly gas

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Bills, bills.
Bills!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
bills

would much rather get them out of the way than foolishly spend it on something that would come and go

granted i had my eyes on a nice flat screen tele

oh well, life goes on

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
He he he!
I bought stuff with mine!
Take that Uncle Sam!

edited to remove T&C violation

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I bought a pair of "True Religion" Jeans. They were, after tax, $200, and they are made in America. They fit well and yes I am a straight guy, thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325
I bought a pair of "True Religion" Jeans. They were, after tax, $200, and they are made in America. They fit well and yes I am a straight guy, thank you very much.

haha that was friggin hilarious

i like how you had to emphasize that you were straight instead of just being ok with buying jeans that you like

its kind of like security in insecurity

not saying you are gay but what do jeans have do to with being gay? especially the price?

just curious

ok ok i got off topic

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Well, because it took SO long for the gov to cut the check and send it to me (this month), I used it to pay off the credit card that I had been using to buy gas with. Not one penny went to buy clothing, food, eletronics, etc. . . I had it in my hands one day and poof, gone the next. When I first heard about the checks--way back when--I thought, hey, great idea. I'm in need of some new work clothes and the kids need new shoes. But, uh, what was I thinking?

Also, here's a question for you? I swear they shorted me. I was expecting a nice round number. But it was $60-70 less that I'd thought. Did they take taxes out? Whatever is what I say.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pamie
Also, here's a question for you? I swear they shorted me. I was expecting a nice round number. But it was $60-70 less that I'd thought. Did they take taxes out? Whatever is what I say.

the amount you receive is income based and phases out at $75,000 for one individual, $150,000 for married folks. I'm guessing you made more than the minimum but less than one of those two figures (depending on the marital status). thus, you got less than the full amount.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I made $21,000. Single mom. Two kids. I guess I thought I was getting it all back.

edit to say: by getting it all back, I meant the amount I'd been hearing people talk about $300 for you and $300 for each child = $1,200. I must have misunderstood. The gov gave me 1,123.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Pamie]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pamie

that's screwy. head of household, $21k with 2 kids should net you $1200 although there might be some reductions for earned income credit.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
bought be an AR-15!!!

Thanks Uncle Sam

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Nothing, in the bank to help offset the Taxes (constitutionally illegal I might add, but that's a whole other thread) that I paid. We're playing with unsubstantiated money in this country anyway so what the hay.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It all went into savings...all the tax money!!
I'm a money horder
But it'll all be there when vacation rolls around

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I hope you realize the ATS demographic is not representative enough to generalize this "survey" and make it valid. Given the overwhelming paranoia of ATS users, most of them are going to stash it away or use it to pay down debt.

I bought an iPod with mine.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The government sent me a super swell letter saying I would get a stimulus check, then two days later they sent me another letter saying they would be taking it to pay down past due taxes. So my check went right back to the government..................Indian givers.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I rented a moving van, and hired 3 college kids to help me move from the foreclosed home that I used to own, to the house I am now renting.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I rented a moving van, and hired 3 college kids to help me move from the foreclosed home that I used to own, to the house I am now renting.

So stimulating the economy doesn't necessarily make things better for you then? ...........or maybe it does, who am I to judge?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I suppose it came in handy.. And I helped 3 really nice kids pay a little towards college. Maybe they'll stimulate the economy when they graduate. I see that as an investment!

As far as the house goes. there was literally no way to save it. Not because I didn't try , but because my lender, who shall remain nameless, but is affiliated with a car company that makes Impalas, Blazers etc..has hired hundreds of flunkies to man the phones.
I had the money, and the gumption. They NEVER EVER followed up on any call I made. They rarely even logged the call at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join