It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex And You!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I understand the concern of using Aluminum to stop perspiration or deodorize oneself. however, I must ask what else is a good option?

Right now I am only seeing two, slowly kill myself (as all vain societies have done... just look at the amount of lead in makeup during the Elizabethan Era) by continuing to use deodorant.

OR... I can stink, and I must warn you, I can get pungent after a good outing.

Coven

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Your'e not brushing right TX. Step it up.

[edit on 7/22/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
damnit...
i use Old Spice
=[

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Old Spice. For God sakes I'd rather pour a pint of bear piss on my head.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Mitchum man here.... and yes, it is aluminum based. I need to find a new alternative.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I'm holding some Old Spice High Endurance. Here are the Ingredients: Di propylene Glycol, Water, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Fragrance, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether, Tetrasodium EDTA, Violet 2, Green 6.

Where is the Aluminum???

[edit on 22-7-2008 by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Step away from the high enducrace Old Spice Cyber. It is an evil thing.
Women don't like it.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think this is the funniest thread I have ever read here. People, stink is fine and natural. Take a shower! Bear piss. lol. I really do hate Old Spice. It reminds me of my grandfather and his water jar of teeth.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I feel this is relevant to this thread so I'll post it. I used to use deodorant like everyone else because if I went a day or two without using it I'd have a strong noticeable body odor. One day though I decided to stop using it... After a few days, no more noticeable body odor, even with lots of physical activity and sweating. It's been about two months now and still I find I don't even need deodorant anymore. It really is a drastic change. I now believe that using it actually creates body odor, only to temporarily relieve it.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
seagrass to the rescue. Old Spice is the most vile smelling deodarant with or without my teeth in.

I actually have my real teeth, for the record.

[edit on 7/22/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

High Endurance Old Spice was more like a BO enhancer than a deodorant when I used it. Not only did it scorch my armpits, but it just smelled like a slightly different version of my BO. I was very unhappy with that product.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I've known about this for about 4 years now. Since then I've switched completely to the natural salt stick which works amazingly.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
GREAT THREAD!!

I JUST switched all of my normal-care products, from Shampoo, Soap, Toothpaste and yes, deoderant. My dad has been urging me to switch toothpastes for a while...but I have sensitive teeth and was pretty reluctant to switch from the Blessed Sensodyne. But, the other day I ran out of toothpaste and I made the swtich. I'm sure there has to be something in the Sensodyne that MAKES your teeth MORE sensitive. So far - Flouride Free for One week!

While I was at it, I switched to an Organic Paraban-Free Shampoo & Conditioner, Organic Soap, and I'm looking for a deoderant that doesn't need to be re-applied every five seconds.

I was using Secret, and switched to a brand called JASON, however, I'm not finding it to work very well...Us ladies like to smell nice sometimes you know...I'll be out searching for another brand tomorrow.

Any suggestions for the ladies

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Edited: OOPS! Double Post!

- Carrot

[edit on 7/22/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I've been using Degree ultra dry lately. I just checked and it says Active Ingredient: Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex (17.8%), anti-perspirant.

Looks like it's time to switch to a different deodorant!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus

Tetrasodium EDTA

There you go, that is a good reason to get rid of it. EDTA is not good for you in any way shape or form. Another reason, the ladies gave your choice in anti-funk a solid

In regards to the AL in common use today, I have known about this for many years. Another product to avoid is teflon. I used to have parrots and teflon coated cookware can emit a toxic gas that would kill my birds. Now if it would kill my birds, I am sure it is not good for us.

Use either cast iron or stainless steel and that includes the utensils used in cooking / food preparation. Better to be safe than sorry. Look at it this way, a good set of SS cookware will last a life time along with high quality high carbon steel knives. They are easier to sharpen and hold an edge quite well. That way you are not adding to the AL in the families diet.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Just spoke to my dad about this.. here's a very interesting twist. He's a highly regarded entomologist who used to trial pesticides for the dutch govt back in the 1980s, to see how safe they were around humans and the usual implications such chemicals can have.

He said this to me: 'the most commonly used pesticide in the world does is not safety tested in the same way like all of the other ones we use'....

No points for guessing what 'pesticide' he was referring to...

DEODORANT!

Dum dum dum.. and the plot thickens. Have they started testing deodorants properly? Not just skin allergy but toxicity of aluminium contained and how it interacts with the body!?

Here is one deodorant I found which does not contain alu etc www.crancitrin.com...

[edit on 22/7/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I switched from deoderant to an antiperspirant abbout two months ago and found that i sweated a lot more on the applied areas.
A month ago i switched back to using just deoderant and the sweating subsided.
I wonder just how far teh use of aluminum goes in the daily use of people, is it well known by the government and are they encouraging pharmasuitical companies to use it in their products?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

My wife is a physician at a large medical group. There are 8 neurosurgeons there.

Not a single brain doc there will touch traditional antipersperent deoderant for that reason above. Aluminum zirconium according to them leads to dementia and alzheimers.

If you really want the inside scoop, find out what your doctor does hehe.

Are any of you aware that the majority of doctors in the United States wont use chemotherapy for their personal cancerous tumors ? Even oncologists (cancer docs) know that chemo does nothing to the tumor. This was a major study done, pretty suprising results.

All the doc friends I associate with buy their deoderant, tooth paste, shampoo, etc from a health food store that sells only natural organic products. Nature is really the only safe chemical our bodies were meant to tolerate.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
There are a lot of women at etsy who are all about good organic deodorant. Some of them do a good job of explaining why AZT isn't in their products.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join