It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why....an African cannot own his own Diamond

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Diamonds are harvested mainly in Africa, like so many other valuable Mineral Resources, which are being looted out of Africa, by huge Multinational Companies, without giving anything back to the people of Africa in return.

These Multinational Companies have bribed and corrupted the Government Officials, which is why....Looting is allowed. Africa has given a huge chunk of it's wealth to these Looters.....is it not time for these Multinational Companies to give something back to Africa?

If an African finds a Diamond in his Property, he can be charged by Law....it is said that all Diamonds on Earth, lawfully belongs to De Beers.

The DeBeers group, a mining company that acts as a wholesaler, controls 70 percent of the world's diamonds in a given year, and many rough diamonds are processed through the diamond industry in Antwerp, Belgium, represented by the Diamond High Council. "The diamonds that are stolen come into Antwerp unregulated, unchecked," Smillie charged. "There is a huge laundering business that is going on between Africa and Belgium."

www.corpwatch.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ruse45

...it is said that all Diamonds on Earth, lawfully belongs to De Beers.

What? Is that really true?

Lends a lot more credence to this thread's premise...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by ruse45

...it is said that all Diamonds on Earth, lawfully belongs to De Beers.

What? Is that really true?

Lends a lot more credence to this thread's premise...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did you ever try selling a Diamond, try it and see what happens to you

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have sold many diamonds one bay, nothing happened to me

Debeers is one of the worst monopolies though. They announce how much their stones are worth. When I bought my ring, they raised the price 30 percent the week after I bought it. No matter what they charge though, it still comes down to how much will people pay.

My ring would now sell is a store for about 7 grand. I paid 4 grand wholesale. But I would still be lucky to get 3 grand on ebay. So to me, ... it is worth 3k.

Want to add: I think Debeers can not mine in the United states because they are such a big monopoly. Correct me if I am wrong ?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by amatrine]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by amatrine]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I have sold many diamonds one bay, nothing happened to me

Debeers is one of the worst monopolies though. They announce how much their stones are worth. When I bought my ring, they raised the price 30 percent the week after I bought it. No matter what they charge though, it still comes down to how much will people pay.

My ring would now sell is a store for about 7 grand. I paid 4 grand wholesale. But I would still be lucky to get 3 grand on ebay. So to me, ... it is worth 3k.

Sweetheart, what you sold on e-bay was a De Beers approved Diamond (no problem there) try selling an uncut rough Diamond !!! In Africa....Africans find it on their land, but they just cannot own it, sell it or trade in it....see what i mean.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am sure that is true in Africa. I have 3 uncut rough diamonds I have bought on ebay, though very small and not worth much, I bought them because I collect stones.

I agree what is going on in the African diamond trade is horrific. Thats why a lot of businesses now claim their diamond to be Non African diamonds.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Africans should make weapons and attack those who make them work in the mind fields. Take back all the diamonds and start mining for themselves.

I would rather die fighting then be a slave. These Africans have to start fighting even if it is a bloody one. Better to die fighting for something greater then to be made a slave for a handful of "rich" people. If all those Africans refuse to work and die fighting then what better freedom then that?

What would have happened if an African American slave never defended himself against the White American slave owners? You'd still have the African Americans being slaves.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Or better yet if Obama gets in as president have him start working with the Africans who slave for the diamond owners. Have African Americans go back to Africa and become a citizen of their true ancestors all the while still retaining their American citizenship. Can you imagine how much money America would make? You better believe the Africans would fight if Obama came in and set up a defense over them to guide them through "Change"

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ruse45

Nothing happens to you if you try to sell a rough, uncut diamond. DeBeers be damned, you know? The US has diamonds, too (we are the only nation that can domestically provide for all its own natural resources...unless Russia takes back some of its lost Soviet territory).

Go to Arkansas There are plenty of places that will let you spend a vacation looking for diamonds in the Ozarks.

Yes, the "blood diamond" trade, DeBeers having a world monopoly (almost...there are others)...all that is true. If you would like i can send you a pretty good research paper done on the African diamond trade. It earned an A.

If you want to do some research on a real conspiracy, look into how the US stifles African trade in other forms of commerce such as cotton. We bankrupt those farmers to prop up our own international supremacy. It is acts like this that make us enemies of thw worlds poor.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
DeBeers, and all other monopolists disgust me. Perhaps that’s why I wouldn’t wear a diamond if you gave it to me. Jewelry in general holds no attraction for me. What good is it? It’s nothing but a very expensive balm for the ego, marketed to weak minded people with low self esteem. A diamond is not forever, but the stain of murder and enslavement for mammon is.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by clg79

You'd still have the African Americans being slaves.

No offense to anyone, but I think they still are. Along with a whole lotta white folks these days too. Ever since we were turned over as collateral against the Federal bankruptcy. I think the price on each of our heads is to the tune of $600,000. Look into the Federal Reserve to learn more, especially around 1933.

In the end though, I think blacks in America are still paying the piper. Sure they were freed after the Civil War. Free to wait another century to actually win their Civil Rights. In the meantime, and even today they were and are free to live in abject poverty without any meaningful opportunity, having never been thoroughly assimilated into the national economy.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Its just a stupid stone. Wish people would stop attaching such a value too it. It has little Scientific. Almost entirely bought out of emotion. This is arguement didnt go over well with my ex

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by clg79

You'd still have the African Americans being slaves.

No offense to anyone, but I think they still are. Along with a whole lotta white folks these days too. Ever since we were turned over as collateral against the Federal bankruptcy. I think the price on each of our heads is to the tune of $600,000. Look into the Federal Reserve to learn more, especially around 1933.

In the end though, I think blacks in America are still paying the piper. Sure they were freed after the Civil War. Free to wait another century to actually win their Civil Rights. In the meantime, and even today they were and are free to live in abject poverty without any meaningful opportunity, having never been thoroughly assimilated into the national economy.

Poor...Poor Blacks

Always the white mans fault, huh?

500,000 white people died to free slaves and as far as I can tell, there assimilated and entrenched just fine. Why not look at all the major Sports to see my point.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by soup_sandwich]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruse45
If an African finds a Diamond in his Property, he can be charged by Law....it is said that all Diamonds on Earth, lawfully belongs to De Beers.

Wow, I didn't know that.
Can you link up a place where I can read that law?

If that claim is true then there really is no justice in the world. As usual it is the poor people that end up screwed over. The leaders of the world fail the people of the world, and sell out to big business for greed. Africas leaders in particular need to step up and help the people not themselves. Like most wealthy leaders of the world they get bought for chicken scratch, and given expensive toys to show off. Reminds me of the wealthy leaders in the middle east that get bought by big American oil companies and never invest in the people they represent. Poverty runs through the cities and some Saudis are driving around in golden cars and throwing 25 million dollar weddings.

I don't like diamonds, or gold. I would never buy or wear either. I find them to be too gaudy and such a materialistic symbol of elitism for my taste. Nothing as value save for that we place on it. To me they are just stones.

My wife and I made our own wedding rings.
To me they are more valuable than any diamond.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by soup_sandwich

500,000 white people died to free slaves and as far as I can tell, there assimilated and entrenched just fine. Why not look at all the major Sports to see my point.

Spoken like a true sheep. Stick around a while. You'll learn that the Civil War was not about freeing the slaves.

So you're saying that all blacks are good for is playing ball?

new topics

top topics

join