It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Knight Social Commentary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Even though I enjoyed the MOVIE and it made me think...

It was a work of fiction. Difficult decisions are always made in a variety of circumstance. Take the war in Iraq... Kill a child with a gun or risk your own death? Bomb an insurgent village to help the greater good? People on the ground make these decisions dally. This MOVIE raises more questions than it answers.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hi, i am italian, so I apologize in advance for my poor english.

Yesterday i saw the movie, and something make me think.

When you see Gotham, the corruption, the fake batmen, the Joker, the criminals and so on, you can see a chaotic and corrupted society, and you are encouraged to think "well, our society is very corrupt, there are a lot of bad things in this world, but, fortunately, we are not in Gotham City".

But, if in the real world a situation like "the two ships" will occur, are you sure that no one will be blown up??
I think that there are 75% of possibilities that the "jail people's boat" will be blown up in favor of the "normal people's boat".
Because I think that many people, maybe in a subconscious way, or maybe not, thinks that their life is more precious than the "jail people"one.
Under this point of view, we are the same, or worst, than Gotham City.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The frightening thing about the Joker was that no one could stop him, except Batman. He was attacking the very fabric of society...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK
The frightening thing about the Joker was that no one could stop him, except Batman. He was attacking the very fabric of society...

That was part of the Joker's point though. There were plenty of people that had opportunities to stop him if they didn't follow the law or go by their moral code. Since everyone else lived by this code and the Joker didn't the Joker got away with a hell of a lot more, but those who followed their own moral code get to keep their humanity and sense of self, knowing no matter what side they are on they are better than the Joker who regards peoples lives are being virtually worthless and society as his play ground.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

They could have blown themselves to pieces but that would have been a hard cold fact on the viewers. After all, it is a movie some good should come from it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In The Dark Knight the Joker works for the president of the United States as a false-flag terrorist, aka Robin, aka Dick Grayson, formerly Batman's fired sidekick. After Batman killed Joker Robin with Thermite, Batman assassinated the president of the USA, aka George W Bush aka Dick Cheney, by crashing a robot Batjet into a skyscraper, in Dark Knight Strikes Again, as seen on History Channel, NPR and Pirate News. Google "Dark Knight 9/11 Truth" for the video to confirm your worst nightmare, if you dare...
video.google.com...
piratenews-tv.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join