It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Detailed Introduction Of H5N1 To New Comers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Influenza virus A is a virus from the Orthomyxoviridae family. There are many strains of this virus but the most common and most well known is H5N1 aka 'Bird Flu'. It is common that the strains and subtypes of Influenza virus A stay in the wild birds, which can easily hold if off with there Superior immune systems, the disease usually lies in the birds intestines, but if not there, then any where from the nose to the lungs, but it is most commonly found in the intestines. The main issue with Influenza virus A is that if it gets into a domestic bird, such as a chicken**, which immune system is not as high due to being domesticated, then it could kill it and spread amongst other chickens causing a pandemic. The nick name to the strain is usually derived from the host for example there are Bird flu, Human flu, Swine flu, Horse flu and Dog flu just to name some. A strain of this recently caused a lot of trouble in Hong Kong, this was H3N2.

As mentioned H5N1 is a subtype of the Influenza virus A. It is considered by many as today's leading world threat in terms of disease. The last out break of this was in Hong Kong, China, in 2002, it infected a lot of chickens. H5N1 can harm animals and in some cases Humans. H5N1 aka 'Bird Flu' is most common in birds, hence the name. Although bird flu is mostly found in birds, it is not unheard of for it to infect humans, the main threat then is that, we know it mutates to suite the host and reasssorts it self so that it can spread easier, so if it does this whilst in an infected human it may become a human-to-human disease which could end up being a world epidemic. In 2003 a man named Robert Webster who is a virologist, considered one of the best in the world, published "The world is teetering on the edge of a pandemic that could kill a large fraction of the human population"***. In this is mentions the progression of the virus and the global threat it posses, he talks about it being a threat to billions of lives.

H5N1 may seem like a weird named, but it all due to its genetic make up. The H5 stands for the fifth of several known types of the protein hemagglutinin. Hemmagglutinin is responsible for holding the virus to the cell that it is infecting. A big problem is that a single amino acid change in the strain could cause it to become the perfect human-to-human disease, hence the name of Mr. Webster's aforementioned article. The N1 stands for the first of several known types of the protein neuraminidase.

Unless a human-to-human form of H5N1 comes out, contracting it is going to be the same now as it always has been. The virus is transported in the hosts blood and excretions, basically in nearly all liquid type material in the body. You can contract it without being in contact with any animal though, for example if i chicken excretes on a path, some one may clean it up but not wipe it enough to remove the H5N1 strain, you drop a lolly and pick it up straight away and wipe it off and put it right back in your mouth, you may of just contracted it. Or if you eat chicken, raw chicken e.g. chicken breast for dinner, it may have H5N1, you clean your cooking counters and that's it, then you prepare a salad and the virus is now on the salad, there are a unlimited ways to catch it. The most common of domesticated animals to get it is chickens, they have been domesticated for so long that H5N1 rips apart what tiny immune response they have to it, they don't stand a chance against it, the fatality rate is 90 - 100%. A way to prevent it would be to not handle any food that you think looks off. Don't drop anything and then keep on eating it, we've all done it when we were kids ! If you cook chicken Please do a massive clean up after wards, even if it means scrubbing one little area for 20 minutes, 99.999% of the time it will be completely harmless, not every chicken has it, but its just hygiene as well, chickens carry a lot of bad viruses not including H5N1; and as we have all been told 'Make sure to wash your hands'.

At this present time many areas are infected, by either wild or domestic birds a good map to see which shows you where is infected is this map. It shows us that H5N1 has been confined to Europe, Asia and some very small areas in Africa. Asia is the current 'hot spot', there handing of domestic animals is poor which is leading to is spreading there, ti is also the area where the most humans have died from contracting H5N1, one young girl from Asia got it from hugging and kissing chickens in her village; she later died. America is virtually untouched, it did have a outbreak in Arkansas which is currently being discussed in this thread in the H5N1 forum on abovetopsecret.com. A big problem that has been taken into consideration is migration season of birds, this is a major threat this involves thousands if not tens of thousands of infected birds flying to uninfected areas where domestic animals are kept, animals who's immune system cannot deal with this deadly virus. DEFRA have announced that they are worried, they state

“Migratory populations include species in which the entire population or a significant proportion of the population cyclically and predictably crosses one or more national jurisdictional boundaries. Waterbirds use a wide variety of habitats during their annual cycle, from the artic tundra, forested wetlands of the temperate taiga, foreststeppe, steppe grasslands, deserts, inland and coastal wetlands, wet and dry agriculture croplands, rivers, floodplain wetlands, marshes, lakes, tanks, ponds, irrigation tanks, sewage and waste treatment farms”.

Which shows that problem posed by these migratory birds. The official document where that quote originates is found here

People have been looking for a cure for a long time now, a cure was announced by the university of Pittsberg in 2006, the news article can be found here. To date there is NO cure or medicine to feel better, at this point in time, if you get it...good luck, you'll need it. We are very close to developing a prevention drug though, in a thread on abovetopsecret.com it talks about how scientists manged to get a cell to resist H5N1 by isolating and repressing 3 genes, they believe that there are a total of 100 genes that are all necessary for H5N1 to infect the host. That thread can be located here. So as you can see we are getting closer to a cure every day, but we are not there yet. A very detailed any informative text about Avian Flu can be found Here.

When it comes to the conspiratorial side of things, H5N1 may be the greatest bio weapon ever made; or it could just be a virus which would break most the theories. The main theory about bird flu is that the elite want it to become a pandemic and kill a large amount of people on this planet, drop the population to approximately 1 - 1.5 billion people, a theory that is being discussed here is that the vaccine will have a small microchip in it which will track us, so the NWO has completed its agenda of population control and tagged all the survivors at the same time, but as i said this is just a theory and to my knowledge has no evidence saying it is a stupid claim, and no evidence saying it is right; but it is one of my favorites. Now can YOU see the threat that H5N1 posses ?

Thank You for reading this, Ill leave you with some quotes...

“We expect the next influenza pandemic to come at any time now, and it’s likely to be caused by a mutant of the virus that is currently causing bird flu in Asia.” -- link.

“There are some subtle changes in the genetic makeup of H5N1 which suggest that it is making some of the mutations that would enable it to have a higher likelihood of being able to become a human-to-human transmitted virus" -- link.

“This is a national emergency, how could it be otherwise? Resources are made available for natural emergencies and now many people are threatened by a virus which can decimate a country.” -- link.

“As the new cases of human infection with the H5N1 virus in Turkey show, the situation is worsening with each passing month and the threat of an influenza pandemic is continuing to grow every day” -- link.

ProTo Fire Fox

Stars
*HPAI stands for Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza.
**Chickens are just an example it can happen to any type of domestic bird around the world.
*** Robert Websters article can be found here.

Video.
Bird flu - natural bio-terrorism - 1:41 long.

Information sources.
Influenza A
Hong Kong Flu.
H5N1
Hemagglutinin
CDC H5N1

Useful Links
Map of infected areas.
The official DEFRA document mentioned in the article.
2006 Mistake Cure, mentioned in article.

Mentioned Threads At AboveTopSecret.Com
The H5N1 Conspiracy
15,000 Ark. hens test positive for bird-flu exposure - Akansas Out break.
H5N1: Team Of Scientists 'Turn Off' Host Genes.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Proto

Excellent thread
Its an excelent primer for the forum.

Fred

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Thanks for making it a sticky Fred , it took a canny while to put all of that together. I hope this will make people pay attention to this forum weather they are natural or man-made theory people. This is some thing i try to keep up with and I have spent years now learning this. Thanks for the flags and stars people.

Fox

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

thanks for putting that together

it's not something I like thinking about - but I'm interested in learning more about it

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A great introduction, very informative! The bird flu scare seems to have died down of late, but I still consider it a risk. It could still mutate and go out of control.

As FredT said, an excellent primer, certainly deserves it's sticky-ness!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GrooveCat

Thanks. H5N1 has not died down as much as people think. Within the last 24 hours there has been Bird flu discovered in chickens in Dong Thap. Go back a tiny bit longer you see that a man has recently died of it. It is still around us, as we on ATS all know -- just cause it is not in the mainstream media, doesn't mean it is not out there.

Fox

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more! I guess since it's stopped being talked about people no longer consider it a risk, the MSM should report deaths and the spread of bird flu as a regular item really.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
ALso...Bird Flu was discovered in Saskatchewan..just Norh of North Dakota.

www.avianinfluenza.org...

I guess this is a different type of bird flu though!

[edit on 21-7-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

That is H7N3, its not as bad as H5N1 but it is still pretty damn bad if your a domestic chicken
there are a lot of cases about H5N1 going on right now, some places are just announcing confirmed cases and other are putting up quarantines; as i said - Just because it is not in the mainstream media, it does not mean that it is not happening. I hope this thread will spark some life in this sleeping forum.

Fox

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I have always wanted to know more about it. Im very worried about this. I live in Hawaii, And we have a lot of Asian Traffic. If it were to break out as a pandemic how long would it take to spread? Just wondering!

S & F for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
great post and if its just one gene you say then couldnt some crazy scientist just modify it and make it a human to human form very scary stuff but dont let the fear get the best of you we still have much more research ahead of us.peace

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

thanks for sharing that info..

here is some more...

Dr.Deagle+other

video.google.com...
www.bbsradio.com...
curezone.com...

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Skipper1975]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It is rather a matter of when, not if, the mutation that allows human - human transmission occurs.

Hopefully we have a form of vaccine or treatment beforehand.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thank You to every one for all the flags, stars and thanks to the mods for applauding this thread. isa75 i believe that it spreading speed will be largely affected by what time of year it finally happens. If it finally gets human-to-human just when the birds hit migratory season, then it is going to speed super-fast maybe 3 months to spread over the majority of the planet; but i think if it is not migratory season, maybe 8 months for complete world infection, it would only be able to spread from country to country if people were transmitting it to each other and breaking quarantine, that's why i put so many months for total infection. Ill do some more research into bird migratory patterns and ill get back to you with a better researched answer.

Fox

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In laymans terms, what would or does it(H5N1 mutated) do to the human? In a healthy adult would the humans immune system fight it off? Or is death imminent? This is some scary stuff and nothing to joke about!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 38181

H5N1 goes straight after the lungs causing massive damage and causing the obvious problems, respiratory distress. We though that was all it did because that is enough to kill, but some studies have shown us that it may spread more. There are on going studies to see how it effects us, but the only fact we know for sure is that its prime target is the lungs.

Fox

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Theres a thread here showing that it is being put in our flu mist sprays, probably in all our flu shots, and highly promoted. Apparently anyone who gets it is contagious for 3 weeks and spreads it to everyone else. Good nutrition is highly recommended in the video shown.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Of note, the bird flu rapidly depletes vitamin C and this leads to death.

Edit to add: It feels like we're being set up for a pandemic.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yes that thread is rather interesting and i am posting in it; a member there has pointed out a flaw in the Video, a percentage which is very very wrong. Worth a read.

Fox

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Im just glad I havn't bought into the whole flu shot and vaccination thing. The couple flu shots my dad brought me in for made me ill for a long time. Would never get another one, or for my children. Also, my kids are partially immunized, but I refused to go one step further, as 2 had severe reactions, with my first, he had an unheard of reaction, and had to be given a shot at the hospital for hives that first were the size of quarters, raised, then joined into a huge intarsia sytle rug of red raised are. My other was playing sitting up games, right on schedule for development, then stopped, and didn't sit up until he was close to 11 months old, walk until he was 14 months, and needed braces for bow legs. I asked my doctor if it was possible to be connected to his fist vaccine, and she said she didn't know, and concerning my firsts history, that was the end of vaccines for us. Now I only wish we hadn't got what we did.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Mistiq, what would be the MINIMUM age of a child to have any vaccines? Doctors seem to be pushy to get kids vaccinated in their early months of age. I have read a lot of scary things about kids getting Autism, etc from the vaccines and Im scared about it, Im also scared about NOT doing something to prevent deseases, could you point me in the right direction for TRUE reasearch? Sorry to get off subject.

This H5N1, how long does it last on a surface such as a doorknob or counter top before dying out?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join