It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET Movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I just rented and finished the "Taken" series. I must say it was hard to take a break. I really enjoyed how they incorporated much of the actual conspiracies and events from real work situations.

I though it might be intresting for fellow ATS's to voice there opinions on there favorite ET movies to give us novice believers a chance to view them.

Best Regards,

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Starman with Jeff Bridges
Close Encounters of the Third Kind(before Spielberg got all bitter)
2001: A Space Odyssey
Cocoon
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Enemy Mine
Explorers
and for laughs
Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension
Love them all!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There are few films out there with an enlightened perspective on the possibility of alien life forms, which is severely disappointing because the theme has incredible potential. One example of this potential has resulted in the greatest film of all time, if not the greatest then definately one of the greatest and it is one I feel everyone sould watch.

It is 2001: A Space Odyssey by Stanley Kubrik

If there was only one film you could ever watch I would reccomend 2001. It's themes are vast ans extraordinary and require at least 3 or 4 viewings to fully appreciate.

From an entertainment perspective I would reccomend the Alien series of films in which Sigourney Weaver kicks some serious posterior! The first and and fourth film are particularly good.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Enemy Mine was great

Last Starfighter I loved too

Really enjoyed The Abyss

Also the Mars movie that I can't remember the name of, where they visit the "face" and then one guy gets jetted off to who-knows-where.

Loved Contact too

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would have to say"CONTACT" for me anyway, is one of the best.

That is exactly how I would foresee a government agency handling the situation - deny - deny - deny - and think "hostile first".

Dorian Soran

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
fiction:

close encounters of the third kind for sure
CONTACT is awesome too
fire in the sky based on a true story

non-fiction (documentary):

Capturing the light, the dorothy izatt phenomenon awarded best ufo footage 2008 www.capturingthelightdvd.com

dan aykroyd unplugged on ufos 2005 (awesome guy)

from here to andromeda by david sereda

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
nobody mentioned Fire In the Sky, the movie where some dude gets abducted, wakes up in the ship and tries to escape in vain. Shows the little 'grays' as evil looking orange oompa loompa's. Scared the bajebes out of me after I saw it.

and althought i didn't like it, Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull was an ET movie... sort of...

new topics

top topics

join