It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks Gets Pleas Not to Close Stores (This is why our country is going down the crapper)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
reply to post by cbass

Lol... I just had a mental image of you at a Starbuck's protest, holding a HUGE sign that reads "DON"T CLOSE STARBUCKS", and, then, in smaller print at the bottom: "Oh, and stop mudering people in Iraq".

But it's a valid point: if people don't go to the issues, take the issues to the people.

LMFAO, That was Great you've got to start a thread on that.
STOP THE CLOSING OF STARBUCKS!!!
ohh and bring home the troops if you can.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It is funny.

On the other hand, it's a shoulder dislocating reach to combine the topics. It's taking the conclusion to an absurd extreme. Given the premise, why do any of us do anything that we do? We could all be working for Habitat for Humanity rather than posting on ATS. That would make a difference.

We devote our efforts to where they can do the most good, to make the biggest impact, and generally locally. If a Starbucks is providing a positive impact in a local neighborhood and it's going away, that will upset people. It doesn't mean that those people aren't concerned about the war in Iraq.

How can you justify paying NBA players a gazillion dollars a year when people are losing their homes? Because paying Kobe 20 mil less per year isn't going to save a single home.

I understand your point, and the need to rant. But in this specific case, I don't think it warrants the outrage.

Just me.

<< 1   >>

join