It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bell Curve flawed, Black & White IQs aren't diverging, they're converging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've read threads here where members blatantly say that Whites are more intelligent than Blacks, as if we could accurately define what intelligence is based upon a few lofty test and a book written by racist. Though I believe its only natural that some differences exist amongst different "races" of people, I believe these differences to be minor and superficial and hold no merit upon the worth of that person over another. Race itself is more of a social concept then anything. I've often thought about the idea of race as it correlates to intelligence and thought how silly it is that so many people jump to conclusions with so much flawed information backing up their claims.

The basis for this thread can be found here:

www.huppi.com...

Among scientists, it has been common knowledge that both black and white IQs have been rising over the decades, with black IQs converging upwards towards whites. This fits nicely with America's rising standard of living, which has been rising somewhat faster for blacks, thanks to the Civil Rights movement and other anti-poverty measures.

The funny thing about racist people is that they get all their information from second hand sources. They read other racists accounts or information and use it to form their assumptions. They don't notice or accept the fact that Black (and other races of people seen to be inferior) come from different walks of life just like anybody else. They also ignore the fact that Black culture (which as a man of mostly African descent, I can say is not all good for Black people) is the direct result of the treatment of people as second class citizens by the much more socioeconomically powerful Whites throughout their history of existence in this country.

In other words, the "depraved and evil" Black culture White racist cry so much about was born out of the mistreatment of Blacks by Whites for centuries in America. "African American" culture isn't a cultural trait which Blacks everywhere posses, African American "culture" is American culture.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Race does exist. People self-identify as black, hispanic, white, native american, asian, etc.. It is an intersubjective reality.

new topics

join