It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Primary Reason Why Drugs Are Illegal?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
they are illegal so that big pharma can make more money on the drug wars...its all interchanged... the us has more people in jail then in any other country.....we never ended slavery we just changed that outer image of it...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The cartels of the south fall into anarchy...
The gangs of America slowly fade away...
The DEA disbands, forcing the criminals within to get real jobs...
A great man once said it is the right of every man to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
With the decrease in cost of drugs such as Marijuana, crime significantly decreases... partly due to the massive loss of funding by criminal organizations, and partly due to the ease of access.
Those prone to addiction may not make it, but with the loving support of family, friends, and honest education, the vast majority thrive.
Then I woke up... Nothing I can do, say, or type can ever change the fact that tyranny, greed, and most of all IGNORANCE rules the world.
The most common response? "Accept what you cannot change." To that I always reply, "And had we said that in 1776, where would we be today?". REMEMBER OUR HERETIGE, REMEMBER OUR COUNTRY. God bless america, and those who would do anything to keep it FREE. To you naysayers that think drugs should remain illegal. You are the only "terrorists" around. God damn those that would destroy freedom simply because they do not understand, or just care not to partake and feel that no one should be able to. You are the enemies of freedom.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
We also need to make a distinction between drugs.

Heroin and coc aine are NOT the same as marijuana and mushrooms.

I would say plants like marijuana and mushrooms are what shamans call "teacher plants" b/c they CAN help you "expand your mind".

where as heroin and coc aine are just pure party drugs done for the effect.

what do I mean by expand your mind? Im not saying your going to learn secrets about the universe necessarily, but theres a lot of research into them b/c they can help with mental issues. Mushrooms for example, theres research talking about how they can help break up bad patterns of behavior and help instill new ones. theres research into using them to help people get off hard drugs.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think it's the up and down, because the government proves to give us drugs that are harmful to us, so why don't they give us the pure stuff when its comes to prescription drugs? It's weird because heroin is not bad for your digestive system in pharmaceutical form, but they give us stuff mixed with opiates that is bad. But when we take pure heroin in pill form the amount of chemical used is equal to a small crumb compared to a large pill. One small crumb that is not really harmful brings you from the regular world to paradise for an hour. They say people cry for now reason when they stop taking it. It is because they miss the feeling that bad, the unknowingly cry about it. So when you think of crack, when you think of something so good that you can give up everything for it and be homeless, all of a sudden you want that feeling more than to have a home. It is not normal for people to feel real euphoria in their legs, you would have to take something really powerful for that. Just crazy, these people just want to feel better because they are being put down every day, and then all of a sudden everything is better.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why they are illegal? Popular opinion.

I think all drugs should become legal. Not because I want to use them.
I have read into hormones, the chemicals that are involved into drugs.
Drugs # up your hormone receptors, if you are smart don't use them.

The effects of drugs can be induced without drugs anyway.

Making drugs legal might mean they become safer.
Making drugs legal will have a heavy toll on criminality.
Making drugs legal will not cause everyone to use them.
In the Netherlands, where I live, weed is legal but not everyone uses it.

People who want to use drugs will do it whatever it's legal or illegal.

Clinics are already here to support those unfortunate that tried them.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join