It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Primary Reason Why Drugs Are Illegal?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue10110
reply to post by ToolFanMael

The point is that we can't just let people get addicted to drugs. That's why the narcotics are illegal and addictive legal drugs need a prescription! It's the doctor's duty to not let his patients get addicted to drugs he prescribes. If you live in a country where doctors don't care then good luck.

But seriously. What's the point of this thread anyway??

What will the next thread be about? Why does alcohol have age limitations?

see that makes sense... why not just say that to begin with?
you started off by saying all illegal drugs have the same negative side effects in your opinion which really isnt true.. thats why theres different familes and classes of drugs... then go onto say that narcotics are completely different than street drugs to pharmaceutical drugs and vice versa.......

and plus just because you have a perscription for a drug doesnt mean yer not going to get addicted to it... thats how I got addicted to oxycontin years ago.. by taking it exactly how the doctor perscribed

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ToolFanMael]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by secararahsia

well its not free I can tell you that much.. once you pay for the initial setup of a grow up.. and believe me if your doing it right its in the 1000's... after that it doesnt cost alot comopared to tobacco processing which is expensive for sure.. but believe me its far from cheap....

and with the tobacco there must be cheaper easy ways to do it.. the smokes I get are grown locally and processed by the guy that sells em.. so im not sure.. hes gotta be doin it somehow

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by nahsik
well for one thing they can kill you through overdosage.
They create problems for society.

What else..

drugs are illegal for the major reason of bringing in money. the money that is made off of ppl taking drugs illegally far exceeds what would be made were they legal. ppl having to pay fines etc and the money coming in to fight "the war on drugs" which is actually a "war on the ppl" not drugs.

I compleately agree with you on that.

i think smoking marijuana is better for ppl that being on anti depressants and/or pain meds that are far worse for your body and mind than the natural substitute.

That one thing that you have wrong. Opiates do not damage the brain or body in any way. That is why they were hailed as wonder drugs. The only down side is that the cause the most sever forms or dependancy and addiction.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The primary reason?

So the CIA, etal. can sell mass quantities of the same drugs to inner city mafia's at huge profit to fund black projects.

The secondary reason?

Because if I could cure my ills with a flower growing in the back yard I wouldn't need a pharmaceutical industry.

The third reason?

Because if I found God through an etheogenic experience I may not be able to conform to the standards of a civilized matrix society any longer. As new found shamanistic wisdom helped return me to where I belonged, growing my food, drinking from the river, sleeping under the stars... it would reduce the elites ability to profit from my existence.

The fourth reason?

Ignorance

The fifth reason?

Political lust for ethnocentric power.

The many reasons in the case of marijuana?

Homegrown fuel, free medicine, cheap/durable paper, rope, and clothes purchased less often, serious competition to the plastic market. aka industrial petrochemical lobby

More reasons?

Prison States are PROFITABLE for the privately owned prison industry. Better than 1:100 americans are incarcerated.

THE BIGGEST REASON...

Because you're asking questions about following the law of the incorporated illusory government rather than the Law of God within your own heart.

Are you an incorporated slave on a slave ship following captain's orders?

..or an ascended master;
free man on land,
trees growing tall.

sweet smoke, fresh chew, rasta forever, jah love

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by secararahsia
how much time and money does it take to propagate and dry a weed?

now compare that to the process whereby a raw tobacco plant is transformed into something pleasurable to smoke, or the raw materials and processes involved in producing an alcoholic beverage

no comparison

Have you ever tried it? I assure you it's not as easy as you might think. If you throw some seeds somewhere and come back in a few months you're going to get out exactly what you put in. Crappy product. The effort required is worth it when the prices are what they are now. When users can go to the corner store and spend a 5th of what it costs now it's not going to be. That's my opinion.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This one is easy lol
money if drugs were legal the price would come down.In 72 or 73 the fbi confiscated 16 airplanes in florida.turns out all 16 were cia registered.Bush 41 was the directer of the cia at that time.maybe someone should ask him why drugs are illegal huh?the cia has been running drugs for years they have also been destroying drug cartels in foreign countrys for years to protect us?or maybe to protect thier turf?face the facts if you could grow your own weed why would you pay someone for it?The biggest cash crop in afganistan the last I knew was opium poppys.We are over there but we aren't destroying the poppys .Why? simple answer money.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
SHHHHHH Keep that under your hat

All that CIA drug money funds the secret space program...

I LIKE the the secret space program...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToolFanMael
you started off by saying all illegal drugs have the same negative side effects in your opinion

I said that?

Every negative side effect of drugs is equal IMO

What I meant there that all the negative side-effects are equally bad.. not same side-effects.

And I didn't say that ALL of the prescription drugs are addictive..

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Cannabis has now bad side effects at all unless you call eating a bag of chips bad.

Alchohol kills more innocent people than all illegal drugs combined.

Its hard to do much damage when you stoned and driving 30 miles per hour.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I think Terence McKenna sums it up best in this 1999 Art Bell interview.

Art Bell interview of Terence McKenna 4/99

TM: Oh, well, this is a part of the drug problem. The hysteria on drugs has made so many different people and institutions crazy in so many different ways. On the general, larger question of hard drugs I’m quite despairing. So many people in institutions make money off the present mess, you know. The prison builders, the rehab people, the criminal syndicates, the bought-off cops, the paid-off judges. Everybody is making money on this racket that they pretend to wring their hands over.

AB: That’s absolutely correct. Heaven knows what the police would do if they couldn’t chase narcotics people. They would literally have about ten percent or at most twenty percent of their jobs left, and I think our prisons would be more or less about sixty or seventy percent empty, just compared to their present content.

TM: The courts would un-clog, and lawyers would have to find honest work

AB: (laughter) So, in other words, it’s never gonna happen.

TM: You got it, Art. (laughter)

AB: Yeah. Let me ask you a straight-out question. Why? In other words, what is it that our government, our elected leaders, our institutions can’t handle about people doing drugs?

TM: Very simply, drugs are, for mysterious reasons, deconditioning agents. And they cause people to question cultural values, and every political system on Earth is in the business of maintaining cultural boundaries. So it’s an implacable opposition, there, that’s not easily negotiated away. It’s a very brave, self-confident society that can legalize all drugs because it means that society is not afraid of looking in it’s closets and playing with a fair deck.

Link to Art Bell Terence McKenna interview

How often do we hear about ppl robbing a legal drug store? I haven't heard about this kind of robberies. Only hear about narcomaniacs robbing money for their next dose..

I guess you've never seen the movie "Drugstore Cowboy". Great movie showing the seedy side of drug abuse.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

you started off by saying all illegal drugs have the same negative side effects in your opinion

I said that?

What I meant there that all the negative side-effects are equally bad.. not same side-effects.

please clarify and what type of drugs are you talking about? all in general? or just scripts or just illegal... any 3 ways ya go that it's not accurate.....

no you said illegal drugs and the drugs doctors perscribe are completely different... and there not.. it doesnt matter if there perscription or illegal.. there all the same family of drugs... amphetmaines.. opiates.. hallcinogens.. benzo's even canabinoids the only difference is purity, availibility and cost/method to produce..

I never said that you said that all drugs are addicitve.. where did you get that from? im just asking for clarification of your statements because they're either very broad or do not make sense at all..

and even what you meant to say doesnt make sense.. all negative side effects of drugs are equal? are you kidding me? regardless of whether you're talking illegal or perscription drugs... illegal: Pots negative side effects compared to say Speeds negative side effects.. or perscription drugs? theres alot of comparisons to prove my point... anti-biotics have a whole spectrum of negative side effects that go from irritating to horrible... theres several different illegal street drugs I could use as examples.. for isntance.. Pot compared to Crystal Meth? yer telling me that those negative side effects comparitively speaking are equally bad???? how about Magic Mushroom compared to Pot? one can kill you or permanently mess you up... pot cant do that in an equal sense no way..

explain to me how the negative side effects are EQUALLY bad?

[edit on 23-7-2008 by ToolFanMael]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Reading this thread makes is good reminder that ATS members come from all over the world.

Government attitudes, whether you live in a cold or warm climate, urban or rural area and general police powers will determine how readily you can buy or grow your own MJ, the costs and the quality.

None of these factors really get to the heart of why (generally speaking) there is a need to regulate (to some extent) supply of drugs.

There is no doubt that abusing drugs can be harmful, but the choice of which are made available, and which are regulated or banned seems to be arbitrary. Unless of course you can fill in the gaps with a good old fashioned consiracy.

I can't help but think the ability for the government or a big pharmaceutical company to make money is a bigger deciding factor than relative harm caused by use/abuse or the possibily of addiction.

Where I live, it's illegal to grow, distribute or purchase MJ. I know some one who spent nearly a month in jail on remand just for being busted with a usable quantity on a few separate occasions. If he had've been part of a drug distribution network no one would never dare treat him like that.

Meanwhile GP's throw anti-depressants about like santa-clause handing out candy at a kindy, in spite of the evidence:

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Government, rotten to the core.

At this point I acknowledge that my own experience forms my view...but it isn't everyone's experience.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ElusiveGoddess

very good observation!

and as to the anti depressants.. I could NOT agree more with you! they hand them out like candy.. and i'll tell ya.. a coupla years ago I remember seeing a television advertisment for a new drug that pertained to "Family Disorder" and it basically stated tbat if you had problems with one or more family member and were stressed out by them ya-da-da on and on like that.. then you have this disorder and need this pill for "family disorder" havent seen it since.. maybe they were testing the waters to see how dump ppl really are

but on a serious note it is horrible the amount of over perscribing the doctors do to make the pharm companies money... there trying to classify vitamines and nutrients as drugs or toxins so they can control them too.. inturn making the heal care industry richer..

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Drugs are Illegal because we want a society of mostly productive, working adults. We don't want our society dumbed-down, dope-nodding fiends. I just turned 27. Most of my late teenage years, and early 20's I was a space cadet. I tried almost all of the major drugs. I can say from experience that drugs should be a personal choice. I did lots of them, and I ended up a productive, working adult.

With that said, there are two sides to every coin. I no longer use any drugs, and havn't since I was 24. Although I ended up okay, I can easily see how I could have gone down the wrong path. There was a point in my life where I had to choose to keep abusing drugs, or get a real job, a family, a house...etc....If I kept using, I might not of acheived the accomplishments I have today. Looking back at some of the crowd I ran with, they havn't accomplished much at all. They did *NOT* do okay. I'd say about 50% of my old friends ended up with an additiction to either hard drugs, pain pills, or alcohol.

So here in lies the problem. I can handle using drugs for recreational purposes. I know my limits. I know not to use to often, or under bad conditions. I know to always put buisness before plesure. The problem is that not EVERYONE is like this. Some people don't care about having a decent job, a family, a house, two cars and a dog. Some people just want to get high and live off welfare.

Q:How is the government going to seperate responsible drug users vs. non-responsible drug users?
A: Government would have a hard time with this, therefore there are *NO* responsible drug users.

Q:How will the government distinquish what drugs are acceptable for recreational use?
A: Anything that alters your mind or body is used for a non-medical issue.

So drugs are illegal because the government is lazy. I'd say it is better than having a society and people nodding off every few minutes because they all hooked on the H.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
[edit on 23-7-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
lol its simple really no need for so much conjecture on the subject prohibition is a form of control the goverments of the world want to control you and this is just one aspect of their increasing control over society key word here control control control

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Marijuana is illegal because "it makes black men want white women"

Thats why.

I know that marijuana doesnt do that, hell, it makes me want all women.

Really, thats why. they actually made it illegal because of that reason.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I said that?

please clarify and what type of drugs are you talking about? all in general? or just scripts or just illegal... any 3 ways ya go that it's not accurate.....

no you said illegal drugs and the drugs doctors perscribe are completely different... and there not.. it doesnt matter if there perscription or illegal.. there all the same family of drugs... amphetmaines.. opiates.. hallcinogens.. benzo's even canabinoids the only difference is purity, availibility and cost/method to produce..

I never said that you said that all drugs are addicitve.. where did you get that from? im just asking for clarification of your statements because they're either very broad or do not make sense at all..

and even what you meant to say doesnt make sense.. all negative side effects of drugs are equal? are you kidding me? regardless of whether you're talking illegal or perscription drugs... illegal: Pots negative side effects compared to say Speeds negative side effects.. or perscription drugs? theres alot of comparisons to prove my point... anti-biotics have a whole spectrum of negative side effects that go from irritating to horrible... theres several different illegal street drugs I could use as examples.. for isntance.. Pot compared to Crystal Meth? yer telling me that those negative side effects comparitively speaking are equally bad???? how about Magic Mushroom compared to Pot? one can kill you or permanently mess you up... pot cant do that in an equal sense no way..

explain to me how the negative side effects are EQUALLY bad?

[edit on 23-7-2008 by ToolFanMael]

It was my opition!!! And MY OPITION was that no matter what side effect does, kills or makes your head hurt, it's still bad. I doesn't matter to me what it does and I wasn't comparing that!
Some people need to learn that everyone has the right to have his own opition..

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Blue10110]

I never said that you said that all drugs are addicitve.. where did you get that from? im just asking for clarification of your statements because they're either very broad or do not make sense at all.

And I never said that you said that I said that all drugs are addictive.
Only wanted to make it clear that I didn't think that all of the drugs are addictive.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Blue10110]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join