It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only way to Peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I had an utopic thought Id like to discuss.
We all dislike violence, wars and dictatorship, we dont know how to end that but here is an idea.

Lets stop fighting! If All of us (or a overwhelming majority) human beings refuse to serve in the armed forces, there would be peace.
REFUSE to attack or defend your country! Refuse to bear arms! I know it sounds preposterous but think about it:
We are invaded...so what? An army will not kill us if we offer no resistance. Democracy has died a long time ago, so there is no difference if one steals elections or walks in forcefully. The more people stop joining the army and stop fighting the less protection and power a government gets. Our civil liberties may not be hindered even, why would a dictator crack down on the people if they do not resist? And if a madman wants to put us all into slavery, he wouldnt be able to if no one wants to enforce it.

I know many hold cultural values very dearly, but honestly we are one species. We are all humans, brothers and sisters; whats so special about national pride and why look for differences instead of similarities?

The Vile manipulates us, makes us believe in the flag and scare us into fighting his wars. What most of us want is to live in peace and harmony.

I know its only a dream and we are too primitive to even consider this idea seriously, but I am confident that if we survive long enough mankind will choose this way.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
its not going to happen love

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
its not going to happen love

why cant it happen though its that negativity that makes it not happen

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

REFUSE to attack or defend your country! Refuse to bear arms! I know it sounds preposterous but think about it:
We are invaded...so what? An army will not kill us if we offer no resistance.

ok. well, do what you like. i would like to see if "not resisting" actually would work out for you. having two young little ones who are defenseless, i think i will fare better taking up arms!! that's right, guns... weapons used to defend myself and my children bc i think our life and being able to have a future on this planet is pretty darn important and worth fighting for.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Yes...This most definitely will happen one day! And I believe that day is not far off because their is an exponentially growing number of people I meet who feel exactly like you and I! Dont ever take anybody's word for it when they tell you something cannot be done! Love will always...ALWAYS prevail! The tide has turned and those who are not willing to embrace true peace will be leaving Lady Gaia soon. Keep positive and patient! This, too, shall pass.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The problem is telling 6,828,483,900 people to lay down their arms and think the same as everyone else. The world is to diverse to be on the same level. I wish it possible, but power, greed and all the other elements of evil would have to disappear with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That's a nice thought, it really is. However, the reality of the world betrays that idea.

If, for instance, this became the norm, and 98% of the people on the Earth did as requested, it would take little effort for 2% of the people to subjugate the rest of us.

No, it's not negative thinking that prevents this from happening, but the fatal and fundamental flaw of humanity (which I think I know). This flaw creates all suffering in the world, but if eliminated would also remove much of the positive passions in the world as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I can't speak for everyone else, but I won't be a nameless henchman.

There's no need to lay down arms, but people should be brave enough to tell the PTB where they can stick their unlawful wars. That includes the war on terror and the war on drugs which have done nothing but divide. The enforcers should also ask themselves why they're perpetuating such wars when their effectiveness and purpose has come into question.

Too many people do the evil emperor's bidding only because they feel they have no choice. There's always a choice, and enough of us tell PTB to go straight to hell, the less power they have. They only have power because we give it to them.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

We are invaded...so what? An army will not kill us if we offer no resistance.

Great idea, I'm sure it will work out real well for you...
www.theage.com.au...

REFUSE to attack or defend your country! Refuse to bear arms!

I have a better idea, I'll honor my natural right to defend myself and my family. You can take your own liberal pacifist advice if you want, but don't get upset just because not everyone likes your authoritarian tone and will not willingly follow you to the grave.

new topics

top topics

join