It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on in dubai?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Akutski

I can substantiate what you say, Akutski. There are accidents and crimes reported in the Dubai media, but rarely if they involve a local or a well-off, well-connected expat and never if they involve one of the top families. The crimes that do get reported are the ones involving housemaids, taxi-drivers and Eatern European working girls.

I've seen a burning Toyota Prado on the Sheikh Zayed Road, a Jaguar XJ6 cut in half, and any number of other horrific accidents. I understand it used to be (and for all I know still is) the most dangerous stretch of first-class highway anywhere in the world.

And do you remember the Dubai-Sharjah road where it crosses that big wadi? The one where they have to keep replacing the fencing every week or so because someone's gone over the side?

And the cops... Pakistani, Egyptian, Jordanian... just like everyone else, they're only in Dubai to make money.

Interesting place, eh?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I don't particularly remember that road. However, I do remember that 100 car crash on Shiekh Zayed road that I am so sure broke a record somewhere around the world and like you said the cops here are jokes.

If a normal working class person get hit by a top class local even though it's the local's fault the working class person will get the blame. So if your in Dubai pray to god you don't get hit by a local because its a lost case.

Its really funny how a lot of people have very different and unique views of Dubai but the ones that actually live in Dubai all have the same thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
LOL i dont care how many buildings they put up..its still a lifeless # hole.

why would anyone wanna live in a dust bowl like this place?

I dont get it....

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodMode
LOL i dont care how many buildings they put up..its still a lifeless # hole.

why would anyone wanna live in a dust bowl like this place?

I dont get it....

It's not the place. It's what you can do there. Think of it as another Vegas, only much worse.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dubai is intoxicated with Wealth and it has now become the haven for Global Mafia, Global Prostitutes, Global Architecture and the Official home for Halliburton and the Illegal Contracting Companies.....and Oh, yes.....Dick the Cheney's Home !!!

Dubai and a host of others are on there way to total Destruction, it has been prophesied as such, that Wealth will be their Destruction......Ask any well educated and knowledgeable Muslim, and he or she, will tell you this is true.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

True... but any1 one who has lived there for more than 15 years and has common sense could see that coming

(post by Alice112 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join