It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on in dubai?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm not seeing anything untoward here, save for a forward thinking nation, who fully realises that the oil reserves are not going to last an eternity and taking prompt, decisive action. I admire them for their dedication to making dreams become a reality - a lesson the entire world could benefit greatly from. Respect.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is interesting. Just this morning I downloaded a show from Red Ice Creations and the guest calls out Dubai as the new, rebuilt Babylon that will become the centerpiece and focal point for the one world government and new world order. After seeing those pictures, it isn't difficult to see some potential for that claim.

By the way, if interested in listening, the show I am talking about is the one with Eric Phelps as the guest and titled "The Vatican Behind the Creation of Islam".

Regardless of the religious or political significance, it is definitely a beautiful looking city. Wow.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hugely oil rich country displays wealth in infastructure and architecture. Not exactly a "stop the press" moment is it............

Fact is they are competing for a ever increasing global tourism market, nothing more nothing less.

The ides that it is to be used as a "base" for the elite of the NWO seems a little farsical in my eyes..........

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Cheesy gold coated pretentious modern British architecture built on western oil dollars for a corrupt Royal family. A vacuous hole in the desert beside a fake sand island town shaped like a palm tree
and a globe

When the oil is gone, the money, footballers and actors will leave and the camels will rule Dubai.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

well for your information dubi dose not relay on oil

and most of the projects are made by investors and not the government

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ok as a man born and raised in Dubai I have a lot of information to share with all of you. Let me start of by the phrase, "bull#" Dubai is well known for its infamous rumors that spread between people and changing from one person to the next, imagine a game of chinese whispers.

Someone was talking about domes... again, more bull# Dubai has been sparking an interest in an underwater hotel and artifical rain but thats about as far as they are going. Obviously if they over use this rain they will be stealing rain from neighboring countries but lets not get into that. The country that is building something like a self sustaining environmental friendly area is Abu Dhabi (1 hour drive from Dubai).

Abu Dhabi plots hydrogen future

As for Dubai's oil. They are dead dry and have been dry for about 10 years now they just never announced and most probably never will.... its Dubai we are talking about here they never talk about the bad only the good !. One shocking piece of information that you guys will love is their silent treatment to crime. Unlike other countries in the world, if there was a stabbing, robbery or major accident they will never report it on the news or in the papers. They do report some incidents every now and there to remove suspicion. Why do they do such a thing ? Alot of Dubai's income comes from the tourists, we don't want to scare away tourists now do we

To clear the point with slavery. Technically Dubai has not used any form of slavery to build itself but talking as a human yes they have... you want to see cheap labor and poor treatment ? have a look at their workers but if it wasn't for the thousands of cheap laborers Dubai would have never had enough money to build itself as it is today.

One more thing. Dubai has gone from "we need money for the country" to "we need money". Calling them greedy is a huge understatement. Buying property over here in Dubai will cost you roughly 1.3 - 1.5 million DHS and thats ONLY for a studio. Don't think your in the clear after buying it. There is a catch... They lease it out to you for 99 years so you basically never buy property, you just rent it at an insane price. Furthermore, I heard this as a rumor after 34-35 years the land owner is allowed to kick you out of your house to demolish and rebuild it. Knowing Dubai's bad reputation of abusing its power, its probably true.

This is the kind of stuff you will ONLY hear from people that have lived there long enough to have seen its rise.

Don't get me wrong though, Dubai is a beautiful haven to those that don't know its dirty little secrets

Feel free to ask me any more questions about Dubai.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Akutski]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Simple - OIL, they have all the money they need and lets face it nothing to spend it on. So they are creating the modern paradise on earth type thingy thing.

If you had that much cash and you did not spend it on arms and wars etc (Ahem US) you could create whatever you liked especially if it was all down to the ruling class todecide no public input.

OIL cash spending spree nothing more nothing less.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Munro_DreadGod

Did you even read my post above ? They have no OIL anymore. Its not as simple as you explained it. Dubai is deeply complicated but smart at the same time. Ever heard the term money laundry ?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is the plague I'm talking about. And sometimes I wonder why it would be such a bad thing to remove this plague called humanity.

Anyone who wants to live in Dubai is ignorant, or greedy, or both. When you have that much money, puppetry, greed and secrets in one place...you basically have all the ingredients for self destruction...that's if someone who has your money, but in bombs, doesn't come along 1st.

People who want to live in Dubai, are the same people who believe financial status and luxurious materials equals your superiority to the other guy.

I know countries who NEED the money Dubai squanders..and I'm sure they know what countries I'm speaking about. But, of course, they just have a want to satisfy. What have they done to better society in general? What have they done to truly make this place a place worth living. I say truly, because to many, they have done a lot to make this place "worth" living, but, most of it is an illusion.

Sometimes I wonder why I would smile at the downfall of the human race, and every single minute of every day I am reminded why.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akutski

yes I have some questions.

where do your tourists come from?

since crime data is not reported, how do you see it?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Maybe someone is planning to retire there and spending lots of ill gotten goody there. Dunno, but um could be.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by josephine

I don't know the exact percentages of how many tourists come from each country, but I do know they come from almost everywhere. From what I can see during my daily life in Dubai you can get tourists from japan, India, China, Philippines, Germany and Russian (in general, Europeans as well). The American and British not so much because the ones that usually do come down here are sponsored to work in Dubai. Have a look at their welcoming to tourists now.

Tourists visas for all

As for crime, its pretty much an old story that most people know. Dubai just doesn't like publicizing these things. It's like an old un written law for them. They do the same with accidents, my father travels on the sheikh zayed road almost everyday and almost everyday there is an accident there (due to poor driving skills). Whether its a big accident involving 10 cars or a small accident involving 3 cars or a car set on fire. It has never been reported as much as it has happened. By the way, the car set on fire was a first hand experience we drove by it and watched it literally burn. As usual it was never reported.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What's going on in Dubai? ..you ask

What it is is man/men trying to recreate the Myths like Atlantis, or even
Sodom..those legendary city-states from that bygone historical era.
Those memories of the human collective need to become reality in this historical period so that men may feel superior, and can truthfully say 'been there - done that'

The human psyche has a need to do and achieve Mythic journeys...
'Dubai' is just such a journey, and the 'Dubai' of today will fufill this human drive, during this 21st century epoch.

let's throw in the [ Rising Up of the Phoenix from the Ashes ]
as another example of myth being given reality..in as much as the 'scorched desert sands', blossom with abundance and futuristic skylines... from out of nowhere, there is being born a hedonistic capitol,
and global financial hub that will surpass the dying London-NYC empire

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akutski
reply to post by josephine

Whether its a big accident involving 10 cars or a small accident involving 3 cars or a car set on fire. It has never been reported as much as it has happened. By the way, the car set on fire was a first hand experience we drove by it and watched it literally burn. As usual it was never reported.

I dont know where you got this info that it wasn't reported coz I found some reports after a quick search in the GulfNews website.

Two burn to death

Man severely burnt

Sometimes opinion is just that, we should keep it that way. Let's not spread it off as facts.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
THIS POST WAS DELETED

[edit on 24-7-2008 by sdrawkcabII]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Dubai is really a spectacular place. The Dreamland for architects, the only place they can let their imagination roam freely.

I've never thought of it like this before, but I know that if I were in the elite at least I would want my holliday home to be in Dubai. It's really an amazing place!

It's just like going to wonderland with alice all over again.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopSecretArea
It's just like going to wonderland with alice all over again.

Especially when the nukes start flying.

Their neat little beach engineering projects are cool to look at, too, but they're negatively affecting the marine ecosystem.

Sleuth does not approve.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Again jumping into the water before testing its temperature.. The car burning accident that I saw involved no lampposts or crash. It merely caught on fire, how that happened well I don't know I didn't witness it I just saw the aftermath. Try looking for something along the lines of car left to burn or car set on fire on the spot and then come talk to me.

Besides, if you had read my previous post you would have understood the meaning of the one you carelessly commented on.

reply to post by St Udio

I can assure you that the makers of Dubai had no such Mythical idea set in their minds. All they wanted was money and that's what they are getting now.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i can sum it up in a few words...

Can anyone say, "the New Babylon"?

and its all slated to be completed BEFORE 2012...

our Creators are returning!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
...Babylon...the Book Of Revelation? Well, here it is!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join