It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well-Known Climate Change Documentary Investigated: 'Misleading' and a 'Propaganda Piece'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Well-Known Climate Change Documentary Investigated: 'Misleading' and a 'Propaganda Piece'

news.bbc.co.uk

A controversial Channel 4 film on global warming broke Ofcom rules, the media regulator says...

...In a long-awaited judgement, Ofcom says Channel 4 did not fulfil obligations to be impartial and to reflect a range of views on controversial issues...

...The film's key contention was that the increase in atmospheric temperatures observed since the 1970s was not primarily caused by emissions of greenhouse gases from burning fossil fuels...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It appears even contributors to 'The Great Global Warming Swindle' had to be mislead into the documentary's intent in order for the editors to achieve their aim of arguing that climate change is a natural event.

First aired by Channel 4 in March 2007, the documentary has since reportedly been sold to 21 countries and distributed on DVD.

Among discussion groups of "climate sceptics", it is sometimes cited as a counter to Al Gore's documentary An Inconvenient Truth and has been credited with infuencing public opinion on the causes of modern-day climate change.

Source: original article (above)

This all goes to confirm my long-held suspicion that many who deny climate change is due to the impact of fossil fuels have an agenda: keep the conglomerate profits growing no matter what the cost to the environment.

Al Gore's documentary isn't necessarily the antithesis of this film - I've never seen it myself; my perspective is the result of information gathered over many years and from many many other sources.

It seems like the denial camp has really shot itself in the foot here: the broadcaster is going to have to issue a public apology on national television.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't have an agenda....but i do agree that the Government and Oil / Fuel conglomerates to have way too much to lose in researching an alternative. Certain Nations have got to where they are today as a direct result of Oil Wealth. Where would they be if hydrogen power was introduced for example. It is viable and plentiful. Anyway, i digress.

My personal opinion is that Global Warming is a load of bs that can only be substantiated by short term climate patterns. The planet has been going through these cycles for millions of years, why is it any different now? would it not be more dangerous to try to stop this cycle?

jeesh....the arrogance of man to assume that he is responsible for the natural cycle of the Planet.

join