It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World warned over killer flu pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

World warned over killer flu pandemic

www.independent.co/uk

The world is failing to guard against the inevitable spread of a devastating flu pandemic which could kill 50 million people and wreak massive disruption around the globe, the Government has warned.

In evidence to a House of Lords committee, ministers said that early warning systems for spotting emerging diseases were "poorly co-ordinated" and lacked "vision" and "clarity". They said that more needed to be done to improve detection and surveillance for potential pandemics and called for urgent improvement in rapid-response strategies.

The Government's evidence appeared in a highly critical report from the Lords Intergovernmental Organisations Committee, which attacked the World Health Organisation (WHO) as "dysfunctional" and criticised the international response to the threat of an outbreak of disease which could sweep across the globe.

The Government said: "While there has not been a pandemic since 1968, another one is inevitable."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-7-2008 by gottago]

Mod Edit: fixed link

[edit on 7/21/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A very disturbing British report about a "dysfunctional" WHO at a time when HN51 threatens to spread to humans and possibly break out into a much-feared and highly dangerous epidemic.

More from the article:

Peers joined ministers calling for urgent action to build up early warning systems across the Third World that can identify and neutralise outbreaks of potentially deadly new strains of disease before they are swept across the globe by modern trade and travel. Peers also called for new action to monitor animal diseases, warning of the potentially disastrous effects of conditions such as the H5N1 bird flu virus jumping to humans and demanded that Britain step up funding for the WHO to tackle the threat.

www.independent.co.uk

Mod Edit: Fixed link

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Very scary considering about 6 months ago we received a pamphlet in the mail here (ontario canada) from the Ministry of Health in regards to a pandemic flu. I've lived in this city all my life and we have never had anything of the sort sent to us in the mail. It discussed being prepared for it, and to have a stock of food and water for a few days in case it hit us.

It also mentioned something about not having enough medication and/or medical staff to fight it if it did happen to come right now

Wonder if they know something is on the way, or if it's just an "in case"

Michelle

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I just love the way they said its going to start in the 'third world' as if they're already seeding the populations there with a virus , Just reminds me the plot for mission impossible 3 ( ithink it was) where the bad guys nicked a viral weapon so that they can make money from the sales of the vaccine.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i wonder if there going to seed the flu by chem-trails...just a thought....

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

A very disturbing British report about a "dysfunctional" WHO at a time when HN51 threatens to spread to humans and possibly break out into a much-feared and highly dangerous epidemic.

More from the article:

Peers joined ministers calling for urgent action to build up early warning systems across the Third World that can identify and neutralise outbreaks of potentially deadly new strains of disease before they are swept across the globe by modern trade and travel. Peers also called for new action to monitor animal diseases, warning of the potentially disastrous effects of conditions such as the H5N1 bird flu virus jumping to humans and demanded that Britain step up funding for the WHO to tackle the threat.

www.independent.co.uk

Mod Edit: Fixed link

You musta missed the memo, we beat H5N1.
Google it. I know the article was posted here.
It is no longer a threat.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
never ever trust the world health org or the pharma companies, they both work together.......one makes the deadly virus, the world health org delivers it for them.....then the mafia pharma companies start selling the cure at 5000% profit, expose these cut throat gangsters

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My company (a very large multinational) has recently been asking 1st line managers for Pandemic plans so that there is a contigency plan in place if something were to go down.

Now I realize that this is just a prudent plan to have in place, but it does sound a bit more ominous now that this is going on.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It's almost as if you;d want a deadly virus to appear if you put money into this:
www.ukmedix.com...

buy colliodal silver from your local health shop instead - it kills al known pathogens (virus, bacteria and fungi along with parasites)

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Ding ding ding ding...bring out your dead. 'But I'm not dead yet'. Just a cold I say. Boink.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It's worse than that, The cycle has already begun, according to the genetic tests experts associate as predictors for all known pandemics.

H5N1 Virus Replikin Gene Counts Indicate a New More Virulent Influenza Cycle Has Begun

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
We are all hosered aren't we Cyber.I just saw on local evening news they will enfore people from going outside. To stock up now.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

In Massachusetts the plan is six weeks quarrantine.

In six weeks most familys will starve to death. You don't even need a pandemic to kill them.

After 14 days without food, it is almost impossible to restart the digestive system. Most people have less than two weeks of food in the house.

I got the six weeks number from a pamphlet my kid brought home from school, warning people to stock up. How many do you think read it? How many do you think took that seriously? How many people don't have a kid in school. Only one of my two kids got one of those. So it's not like the even supplied enough for every kid.

Yeah, JPM we're hosed big time. I will starve myself before I watch local kids go hungry, if they ever overcome the fear and leave their house to beg for something to eat.

They will probably shutdown every highway entrance and exit to stop all transportation. There will be no food distribution networks operational.

If they don't maintain the electricity and water. Most people have 1 week to live. No clean water and self imposed lockin is a pretty fast death sentence.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Who has the vial?

Shades of two or three years ago.

More terror! Well we all have to die sometime. I;d take the flu over being run over by a bus.
It just seems more dignified and less painful.

Be afraid.

Calamities strike the world every so often- but what is a worse calamity is the years preceeding it and the fearmongering that goes with it,

If we die from this, so be it.

top topics

join