Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Donated Bodies Sold to Be Blown up

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
"SEVEN cadavers donated to a US university's medical school were sold to the Army and blown up in land mine experiments, officials said."

news.com.au...

Thats pretty disgusting really when u think about it.
You've been good enough to donate ur body for the better good and for the further study of medical science, then they go and sell UR body to the [v] MILITARY to simply get blown apart so they can learn more about how to protect themselves better so they live another day to blow more people up.

If I was a donor and that ever happened to me, little pieces of me would be rolling in my grave.

Does anyone feel the same way or do I take morals use too seriously?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but these types of experiments must be done. It increases the effectiveness of the explosives, and creates a realistic training environment for the engineers. These types of experiment help to make our military more efficient and prepared.

Although, I do agree that there are other methods that could be utilized for this particular type of training, other than human remains. However, as long as it's legal, they will continue to utilize the "resources".

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What the # is wrong with the government. If you want to #ing test weapons and protective gear do it on your self. Do not #ing do it on dead bodies who do not want to be used in tests like that. The government #ing disgusts me sometimes. Ok maybe more than some.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It depends on how ya look at it. I'm sure plenty care but there is probably some that don't. They probably figure if your dead your dead. Maybe there should be somewhere to check when you donate your body or who ever donates your body, that says your body can be used for "whatever". I am sure some donate the boddies just to avoid funeral costs, maybe they won't care. When amounts of money like $25,000 are paid for boddies it just seems wrong tho. Shouldn't the family of the boddy
(sorry) get atleast some of the money?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have a problem with the military doing this. Sure they are dead and i dont give a # what happens to dead bodies. It is that the military is buying cadavars to test weapons and protective gear. If you are going to test that stuff do it on your self. Don't exploit dead people like that for your own person gain

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
ILP I understand what you are saying, but if it's the military the benifits of it usually trickle down to us.
Would it bother you so much if your life or someone you care abouts life were saved because of tech. that was tested on dead boddies? If the person does not care then what the problem with it as long as its legal and sanitary?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I suppose it is the principal of the matter that offends people. The use of humans to develop and improve weapons that will be used to kill humans. That's pretty sick if you ask me. There has to be another alternative.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
I suppose it is the principal of the matter that offends people. The use of humans to develop and improve weapons that will be used to kill humans. That's pretty sick if you ask me. There has to be another alternative.

Mr. M

I've got an alternative!
We use child molesters, rapists, some murderers. I bet the results would be alot more accurate.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hell yeah! The death penalty would be a hell of a lot scarier to people thinking about commiting offenses. Imagine sitting in court on trial for murders, and the judge says, "You are hereby sentenced to death by military explosives experimentation. This case is adjurned."

Mr. M

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Perhaps it would be acceptable to use the deceased body of a death-row person if the consent was given by his\her next of kin and it was confirmed he\she was in fact a waste of human anatomy.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
HAHAHA!!!! That's classic, man. I totally agree with that one. Ship 'em out on the next MAC flight.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
I hate to say it, but these types of experiments must be done. It increases the effectiveness of the explosives, and creates a realistic training environment for the engineers. These types of experiment help to make our military more efficient and prepared.

Although, I do agree that there are other methods that could be utilized for this particular type of training, other than human remains. However, as long as it's legal, they will continue to utilize the "resources".

Mr. M

True it also help to provide space for the hospitals

Seriously Starchilds right the military nhas to check whether its firepower is up to scratch or not

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yeah, but I'd still haunt their ass if they did that to my body... I'm donating to save lives, not so the military can come up with more effective killing machines...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So would I. That is why as soon as I'm dead, I will be cremated. I don't want anybody messing with my remains.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Who cares. It's just a dead body. Like the person that once inhabitied it gives a damn. Might as well go with a bang, huh?...

new topics

join