It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young People Listen Up - Conscious HipHop, Rap WITHOUT a Capital C

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
One of the best underground rappers imo, Ill Bill. These are from the latest album.

Society is brainwashed

Doomsday was written in an alien bible

[edit on 19-9-2008 by darksky]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
cool, he has a new album, gonna check it right away.

Ill Bill + Vinnie Paz (jedi Mindtricks) rule

Btw Slane is quite good too

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
finally, a thread worth looking at

Its truly amazing to see all these emcees combine together to make a sick ass crew

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

thats my favorite song with 4th chamber from gza

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Underground stuff is good like Canibus and Immortal Technique. They spit truth.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

i think you'll like this conscious hip hop artist too

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Paris - Bushkilla

"don't blame the hate that hate made"

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Cool thread.
check this guy out too
www.youtube.com...
Also, if you haven't heard the album Ascension by Pep Love, its worth a listen. Its a more metaphysical endeavor of one of the members of Living Legends. Very clean.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
check out promoe and the looptroop rockers

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Krs One(criminal minded), public enemy(It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back) & Eminem (i know he is mainstream, but this song is more conscious than all other ms)

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
deltron 3030/funkee homosapien

Check out his virus song

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Im a youngster ^^

My main musical dish is Funk, the music engineered by Parliament Funkadelic, the Fatback Band

Especially Parliament Funkadelic, they really are the opposite of controlled dumb-downed music
..or were, because its over 30 years ago that they were at their prime

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Canibus - Secrets Among Cosmonauts

lyrics:
www.sweetslyrics.com...

Canibus - Layered Prayers

Public Enemy - Harder Than You Think

lyrics:
www.sweetslyrics.com...

Jay Electronica - Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge)

lyrics for Act 1 only:
www.glennhughes.com...

Ill Bill - Society Is Brainwashed

lyrics:
lyricwiki.org...:Society_Is_Brainwashed

Dead Prez - Politrikkks

Killah Priest - See Clearly

lyrics:
killahpriest.com... (2nd post)

[edit on 7-12-2008 by roodyp4364]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Masta Buildas's new album came out yesterday on iTunes - "Reptilian Body Snatchas"

...it's too bad i don't have iTunes...

i'll get it eventually; for now their myspace page is plenty!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here's a great song called "What's Peace?" from rock/blues/rap band I stumbled accross.

takevienna.bandcamp.com...

Their last song "Here We Are" had some political undertones to it as well.
takevienna.bandcamp.com...

It's great to see new and young groups not afraid to come out with content like this.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good thing I don't listen to pop. I listen to either Rock or Trance/Techno.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Good thing I don't listen to pop. I listen to either Rock or Trance/Techno.

Check out the two songs i posted above; they're both rock driven especially Here We Are.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueLight
Is this the counter offensive to some of the illuminati run music industry's assault upon young people's subconscious? I think so. Ever since I started reading up on subliminal advertising and subliminals in general it had occurred to me that maybe these new world odor criminals had been attempting to program young people into anti social behaviour. Promoting drugs, guns, "bling", bootaé shakin' (seriously though). Is any of that really helpful? Since reading an excellent book called:

The Age of Manipulation by Wilson Bryan Key

I have come to the conclusion that the messages in music are actually more than just entertainment. It is my opinion that it has been used to program and dumb-down people, while efficiently affecting the sensibilities of parents so that they don't wish to get involved.

So what about conscious Hip-Hop then? This is not main stream music, it's music that has appeared to counter the balance. Music that actually INFORMS and ENLIGHTENS the listener. It is good that people are pushing against the impotent nonsense pushed by the nwo media elite. But is this truly a good idea or is this going a step too far? When does enlightening young people become propaganda to stir up a crowd.

Anyway enough of my speculation, here are some tracks I have come accross that the young readership may find interesting. If you are old enough to own original Run DMC records (plastic discs with grooves in, think the flintstones) then you "may" be able to handle these. Otherwise if your music tastes consist mainly of Perry Como I'm affraid this is going to be a little bit harsh. You have been warned. I've tried to include what I see as a selection from accross the genre, as some appear to have definite leanings. All are on Youtube and some contain a little profanity and slightly shocking images.

Jedi Mind Tricks - The Coming of Tan

SICK SINCE - The Rapture

Canibus and SICK SINCE - RIP the Reptillian

Atma & JAHn the baptist - I'm giving reptillians out of body experiences

Atma & Illuminati Congo - Reptillian Body Snatchas

What do you think? is this information useful? Clearly in my opinion. Is it presented in a good way? I am unsure, there seems to be some negativity mixed in with the awareness. I'd be interested in your points of view.

And if anyone, of any age thinks this is good, please tell me why. Add your own links if needs be and explain why you think the particular track is good or bad.

And if u think dese jointz ar sik yo! what? Flahg up a bruvva

*cough*

Ahem, seriously, is this good or bad propaganda?

Much Love - TrueLight.

EDIT to try and fit my original title in

[edit on 21-7-2008 by TrueLight]
EDIT title spacing again..

[edit on 21-7-2008 by TrueLight]

Im A HUGE fan of hip hop and Most genres of Metal. I've been following The dudes you mentioned above for all together maybe 6 years. Jedi Mind Tricks is my favorite rap group of all time. There First album is much more spiritual than they're other work but it's still all amazing. They are also part of a Larger collective known as Army Of The Pharaohs. They are also heavily Associated with a group known as The Lost Children Of Babylon whose lyrics often focus on metaphysics & Nuwaupianism. Atma currently has two albums out titled Beyond The Speed Of The Mind & Beyond Birth & Death. Jah Nigga Da Baptist (know known as Illuminati Congo) Has one album Titled Niggativity. They are both in a group Called Masta Buildas. Another Very Metaphysical and spiritual rapper Is A close Affiliate of The Wu-Tang Clan Known by the name Killah Priest. RZA & GZA of The Wu-Tang Clan are also to great examples of conscious hip hop. If you're looking for more politically conscious hip hop, I'd recommend Common, KRS-One, The Roots or Immortal Technique

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: StookieWilliams

I'd also recommend:

Canibus

Sick Since

LC

B-Radical Genius

Hell Razah

Sunz Of Man

top topics

<< 1  2   >>