It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rothschild Swiss Banque

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Seemed to me like this would be the most appropriate place to put this, since the Rothschild family is so often named as a major NWO player. I was perusing the stock market to see what i might want to invest in next, since i have a little bit of money to play with, when just for the fun of it, i typed in the name "rothschild". this is what came up....

Yahoo Finance

i know that when i look at stocks, anything above 200 us dollars is doing well... for those of you that don't want to click the link, let me break it down here for you

BQUE PR ROTHSCHILD(Swiss: RLD.SW)
Last Trade: 37,365.00
Change: +1,615.00 (4.52%)
Volume: 2

i've NEVER seen a stock with that high a value. i don't even know what to think about that. obviously im not a financial expert, so if there are any here that would like to comment, please enlighten me.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
allow me to correct myself: this is not the highest stock i have ever seen. berkshire-hathaway is, however

berkshire hathaway

gonna keep lookin for more that are crazy high like this.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Good man Sandman! Keep digging and let us know what you come up with and what your conclusions might be. I hope you get interest in the thread. Here's my flag.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by truthtalker

Same here starred and flagged!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Avg Vol (3m): 0.095238
Look at the volume though, compared to something like the dow.
Its tiny.Its a private type of company stock.

Look at Berkshire Hath

BERKSHIRE HATH HLD A
(NYSE: BRK-A)
Last Trade: 117,290.00
Avg Vol (3m): 74,112.5

117 thousand dollars per share
74 thousand in volume

I think some spare money to play with might not get you into this market.

[edit on 21/7/08 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Oh absolutely not, I don't think that these stocks are what could be considered "common" stocks. I just think that it's strange that any stock would be valued that highly. the rothschild stocks are trading in volumes less than 5, which makes it seem as though it is very private. what makes that stock go up in value? Since the rothschild bank is an extremely private bank, and does not, to my knowledge, publish any of its financial information.

In fact, the only thing i could find that was any sort of relation to them and bank shares was this news story published in 1987:

New York Times

i somehow doubt that this could be the same stock, but i don't know... to go from 329$ stock to over $30k blows my mind.... i would have definitely gotten in on that stock had i been privvy to the knowledge, and had an opportunity to buy it, think about that kind of growth if i had just bought 3 shares, that would have been 329 X 3 = 987$ buy in. fast forward a few years to today:
37,365 X 3 = 112,095$

not enough to retire on, but it would have been the best thousand i ever invested, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The price of a stock really has nothing to do with the value of the company or its potential for appreciation.

A company is valued, through the cost of its stock, based on revenue, earnings, other numbers and the market's view of its future (which is an emotional factor). So take Microsoft (MSFT) for example. A share costs $25 and there are 9.31 billion shares outstanding. This values MSFT at ~$232.75 billion...that's it's market cap. That's what the market thinks it's worth.

Now, if MSFT wanted to do a stock split, let's say a 2 for 1 split, then the share price would be $12.50 and there would be 18.62 billion shares outstanding. The total value of the company wouldn't change.

Similiarly, if MSFT decided to do a reverse stock split, let's say 4 for 1, then the price of a share would be $100 and the total outstanding shares would be 2.3275 billion. Again, the total value of the company wouldn't change.

The main reason companies generally choose to keep the stock price in the double digit range is for liquidity. How many of us can afford to buy a share of Bershire of $118k? But, we can easily trade a stock in round lots if it's worth $10. In essense, the share price is meaningless. Buffet knows this which is why he has never split the stock.

Still, is it any surprise that the Roths would be linked to a bank?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman692
Oh absolutely not, I don't think that these stocks are what could be considered "common" stocks. I just think that it's strange that any stock would be valued that highly. the rothschild stocks are trading in volumes less than 5, which makes it seem as though it is very private. what makes that stock go up in value? Since the rothschild bank is an extremely private bank, and does not, to my knowledge, publish any of its financial information.

hey...the rothschild bank is a one man private bank, the only depositor into this account is the federal reserve

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

And did you know that anyone with 10% in the company stock has to divulge all financial information?

You can find out who owns the stock, whos majority share holder etc..

Just looks to me like a small company (in size) that has stock, but that is not sold..

The reason the value is so high, is because they have never apparently had a reason to create more stock, thus splitting the current value.

Same reason Berkshire is so high.

Imagine how high Microsoft's stocks would be if they did not have millions upon millions of shares.

And the average volume (or trades) is under 1 lol .. meaning, they probably sold shares to someone in the family, or to friends, or perhaps off the wall investors who wanted to buy it for unknown reasons.

I see MrCygnus and I both mentioned Microsoft, but he explains it much better then I.

[edit on 7/21/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

I know I could certainly live off the dividend alone..

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Also see:

www.lcf-rothschild.lu...

The Banks homepage.. gives a little insight into what this bank is, how many employees, even a mini biography of the Rothschilds.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

as it turns out, i'm only a few hours away from Luxembourg... maybe one weekend i'll take a little road trip there, i hear it's a very nice place to visit.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well, i guess it seems that they do disclose at least a portion of their earnings, though i couldn't seem to find a way to see the hard data yet... let me keep looking, but here's the tidbit from the Wall Street Journal:

Wall Street Journal

im going to keep trying to find more info

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Actually, they are not secretive as someone suggested, it seems. If you go to Rothschild.com there is a list of their services, for both corporate and private banking. It seems they are not offering personal financial services in the U.S., though, and it does say that private banking is for wealthy families. What they define as "wealthy" I do not know, but I imagine it is a "if you have to ask you can't afford it" definition.

www.rothschild.com...

They also have their annual reports posted.

[edit on 7/22/2008 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
A little off topic, but still on the Rothschild family...

www.rothschild.info...

This is their website, so I doubt anything conspiratorial is on there, but it is interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Asher Roth's Roth Boys Video

[edit on 22-7-2008 by redchrisblue]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You need to look at how the various Rothschild businesses link together and the umbrella/ holding company entities they use to get the real idea of their overall wealth. The separate families have their various companies and they all fit together. Paris Orleans is now the big one, taking over from Concordia BV. Then you have Rothschilds Continuation Holdings AG and the various entities below (rothschild north america, singapore, Rothschild Bank International etc) and on the other side lcf rothschilds group (which owns the bank mentioned by the op), N M Rothschild & Sons etc. You need to look at the 3 men who are currently most important in the family - Evelyn Rothschild, David de Rothschild and Eric de Rothschild.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
so is Asher Roth related to the rothschild family or what??

if he is a Rothschild all i can say is "omg what a geek"

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I linked to the website and took a look at the website. It seems the last big thing Rothschild Inc. included in their timeline was deveolopment of 3G mobile phone licence auctions. I ponder how this may play into David Icke's theory that the PTB cloud our brain-waves will cellular phones. If this is true, it makes sense the Rothschild, Inc. is all over that like flies on chit:

"Rothschilds develop 3G licence auctions - The British government appointed N M Rothschild & Sons as financial advisers for 3G mobile phone licensing.

The bank adopted an innovative and highly successful auction process whereby telephone companies bid for the available licences, and was subsequently approached by other governments worldwide to undertake similar projects. "

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The Rothschild family in total, own almost half of the world's wealth, and have been one of the most powerful families in our world for some time now. They own practically everything, and the scope of their power isn't even entirely known. The information that is found on their websites and what not, cannot possibly depict their impact on our society.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join