It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Media Performance on Iraq Slammed in Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
According to a report released recently by the University of Maryland, major US Newspapers failed to question the Bush administrations claims of Iraqi "Weapons of Mass Destruction" before and even after the war.

The study, by the university's Center for International and Security Studies, concluded that newspaper coverage generally failed to adequately question the U.S. administration's efforts to link its campaign against Iraq and the "war on terror."

It also concluded that media coverage often echoed the administration's argument that Iraq's chemical and biological weapons were a serious and immediate threat.

U.S. Media Performance on Iraq Slammed in Report

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
*and a deep booming voice echos over the land...* Duh!!...

Didn't anyone notice this before we let this criminal administration and Bush start dropping bombs on civilians for the sake of a few targets?

Where the hell was this report or even a comment from any source in the mainstream BEFORE our government launched an attack with false justification? (because it was false boys and girls)

Oh yeah, I forgot that the US media are nothing but unpaid employees for the DoD and that blacklisting was reinstated at the 2000 election...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
*and a deep booming voice echos over the land...* Duh!!...

Didn't anyone notice this before we let this criminal administration and Bush start dropping bombs on civilians for the sake of a few targets?

Where the hell was this report or even a comment from any source in the mainstream BEFORE our government launched an attack with false justification? (because it was false boys and girls)

Oh yeah, I forgot that the US media are nothing but unpaid employees for the DoD and that blacklisting was reinstated at the 2000 election...

The same thoughts went trough my mind when I first read this new story. I was like "#en DUH"..... this is what ive been saying all along for months on ATS. And now these geniouses over the the University of Maryland write this report as if they've discovered some big secret. Everyone knows the mainstream media these days is the mouthpiece of government. The Bush administration lied to start this War and the media willingly went along with the charade.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And how exactly was Dan Rather supposed to find out, when they fooled the CIA and everybody else?

"Gee Saddam said he didn't have any of that."

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

And how exactly was Dan Rather supposed to find out, when they fooled the CIA and everybody else?

"Gee Saddam said he didn't have any of that."

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

top topics

join