It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black and white twins: Brothers from the same mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Some things aren’t always black and white. Then again, sometimes they are – like the twin sons born July 11 to a German couple.

The first baby that was born, Ryan, has light skin and blue eyes. His brother, Leo, is dark-skinned with brown eyes.

"None of us could believe it," the maternity ward's head doctor, Birgit Weber, told one news source. "Both kids have definitely the same father."

Stephan Gerth is German and white. His wife, Florence Addo-Gerth, is from Ghana and has dark skin.

It was “a real surprise,” Gerth told the German newspaper Die Welt, adding that the most important thing to him isn’t color, but that everyone is healthy.

Black and white twins: Brothers from the same mother

This is just so amazing, and the boys are so beautiful!

I can just imagine the fun they will have when they say they are brothers later on in life... lol

Love is colorblind.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"We're twins! We swear it! Seriously!"

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I've never heard of this happening before, but it definitely makes sense biologically that it is possible.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Cool story.

Although, it IS possible that the twins don't have the same father. The mother could have ovulated twice, had one egg fertilized by a white man, and the other egg fertilized by a black man. It actually does happen.

But, eh, if I were the woman, I'd stick to the official story
. J/K.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Those little guys are so cute! I just want to jump into the video and play with them.

Here is a similar event but it happened to twin girls. Photos included:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Strictly my opinion that this is a sign just like the white buffalo being born of things to come in our near future. The black and white twins being born are very rare indeed but is symbolizing to me that black and white skinned humans can and are meant to live together harmoniously.

It will be interesting while growing up together what they will encounter in their day to day lives. Rik Riley

[edit on 21-7-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hi riley...

I like to think of myself as somewhat intelligent... well, at least not stupid. lol But I never knew this could happen, and from what I found out since reading about this... it happens more often than one might think.

I agree with you... it does have that "white buffalo" good karma feel to it.

new topics

top topics

join