It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a Similation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
submitted for your approval, two alternatives; you are real and what you precieve is also real, or that you and your environment are the products of something or someone. Consider the later the brain in the vat/evil genius scenario, you and every ting you precieve is a product of a supercomputer which you are attached and it feeds electronic signals to certain parts of your brain allowing you to precieve your "environment", never hinting to the fact that you are a brain in a vat.

Glitches in this "reality" you precieve all the time in deja vu, ever had deja vu how in a moment you remember objects and conversation with no rational idea of how you could know.

What is real? Some would say what is seen, heard, tasted, smelt, and touched but remember all is electroic signals interpeted by the brain, so what is real. Mabey (steping down from the vat position) it is what is beyound the reach of the five sences; a wall beyond a wall. What if someone from beyond the wall came to you telling you about the real, what would you do pass him off as a loony or a savior.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Reneau

It's funny that you start this thread today. I was thinking about starting a similar one. I probably still will since the ideas are still fairly different.

Your theory is like the movie "The 13th Floor". I thought it was good and had some interesting concepts. It definitely made me think.

The nature of reality is certainly a fascinating topic for me. Lucid Dreaming really triggered an increase in my curiosity about the subject. When you ask what is real, you normally say that what you can experience (see, smell, hear, touch and taste) are what is real. But if you can do all of that in a dream, even to a higher degree, then what...?

If someone from "beyond" the wall came speaking of the "real", I would hear them out before passing judgement. I would be very interested in what they have to say.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
yes it is an interesting topic isnt it, about the lucid dreaming i rarly have it but it is a wierd feeling and does pose the thought that I precieve there for it is real but it is different from being awake and can there be multiple realities coexisting side by side sometimes touching (lucid dreaming)

I will check out that movie

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Are you guys familiar with the Tommy Westphall theory? Tommy was an autistic character in the TV series St. Elsewhere. In the final episode of the series, it is implied that the entire series may have taken place in his imagination as he shakes a snowglobe with a tiny hospital in it. Because various characters, products, brands, and settings sometimes crossover between different TV series, it is now estimated that "something like 90 percent of all television took place in Tommy's mind". The crossovers, totaling 280 shows, has been charted here.

So if all of the fictional world of television was in one little boy's imagination, what does that make US who watch his world?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Reneau

translation: what if "The Matrix" isn't fiction

I don't think that deja vu is a glitch per say. I think it occurs when your perception is "bent" for a moment. I'm not really going to get into this, unless someone actually wants to hear it. But that's pretty much what i think.

[edit on 7/21/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
lets say you think of a number it would be easier for the similation to show you that number; 13 i was thinking of 13 one day at wrestling practice someone throughs me a singlet, number 13, fit perfectly.

something understood or desiered will be shown, maynot be given but shown because it is easier to understand and you question less.

and I saw something about that hospital show on vhi or something, made me think for a second

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Reneau

huh?

u lost me brother

[edit on 7/21/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Who's to say there would be a someONE behind the wall... we instinctively relate things in human ways and to humanity and to humans in order to better understand what we may not be able to perceive otherwise... aliens are almost ALWAYS humanoid in fiction for example, with similar ideas of 'culture', or possessing 'culture' in general...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am God, and I am all of you, and that means that I am completely insane no matter what I do.

Why do I get that sinking feeling every time I think about it?

Maybe the truth is frightening. Maybe that's why nobody listens to each other. They'd rather be in total disharmony than actually know what is really up... or down... or in...or out... or just what IS.

I will admit that it sometimes scares me to tears, because I've experienced certain states of mind on accident that have devastated me for months.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

and that means that I am completely insane no matter what I do.

and it means that we are too. It also means that you are completely sane. You... we are all things good and evil.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
from my travels, and in my reality, the supercomputer is our universe. A conscious entity comprised of countless ''living'' entities. By living, I mean vibrating.

The way I see it, we are all still connected, and the reason things appear disconnected(Duality) is for us to learn and grow as a soul.

All of our senses pick up electromagnetic energy. What we perceive as reality only makes up a small composition of the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

by being a part of this universe, every entity contained is god.

some would argue that there is no god because there is evil. Or that if there was a god, he wouldn't allow evil things to happen.
It is my firm opinion, that its not god's job to babysit and clean up our messes and make sure all of our lives a perfect and harmonious.

Thats our job, and what a job it is.

Ever check out Robert Anton Wilson's Prometheus Rising

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I lost you in my chaotic explanation sorry all I am saying is what is desired will be shown more than what is not 1) to keep you guessing and 2) question reality less

just a thought how deep does the hole go

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 7/21/2008 by Reneau]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Generally, I agree with the idea that you can never REALLY know that what you experience is real.

But, like the philosopher Descartes, I believe that the only thing you CAN know is real is the fact that you did indeed experience that which you experienced.

I can experience taking a walk on a sunny day. I can doubt that I really went on a walk. I can doubt that it was sunny. I can doubt that it was day when I experienced taking a walk. I can NOT doubt that I experienced the walk. I can NOT doubt that I experienced that it was sunny. I can NOT doubt that I experienced all of the above occuring during the day.

In the end, I can not doubt that I experience and that I think. Cogito ergo sum. I think therefore I am. Thank you Descartes.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In the beginning there was nothing and God said, “Let there be light,” and there was still nothing but everybody could see it. -Dave Thomas

I am, therefore I think. -me

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OmniVersal

but there was nobody to see the void or water depends on your interpertaitionand it was the light in heaven

[edit on 7/22/2008 by Reneau]

top topics

join