It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All Of The African American Homophobes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
sorry, I couldn't find a proper place to post this but since I make some comments about religion I thought it would be ok to post it here... keep in mind these paragraphs are replies I made to other posters in a thread from another discussion website, but I thought this would start up a good discussion

how do u really dislike gays??? i mean really whats the reason behind it??? there HAS to be a reason for u to hate a whole group of people... were u molested??? (not trying to be funny) I cannot think of a logical reason as to why one would have such hatred towards a group of ppl... I just can't, how can u hate a group of people for no reason??? it makes no sence the same way it made absolutely no sence that white people hated us... can u not see that??? & to think we have people with these kinds of mindsets in positions of power leading entire nations ie george bush...

if the reason is god & religion (which most likely it is) then u are just some blind retarded person, just like I used to be until I "saw the light" and decided to kill off religion in my life...

and to the people suggesting i'm gay because of how im defending gays (or as I prefer to call it, standing up for human rights) Im not gay but u can go ahead & think what u want, but the reason I am so passionate about this is because I absolutely hate seeing my own people displaying the same kind of stupidity, ignorance and idiotic logic that was used to hate on you, your parents, your grandparents, your great grandparents and great great great grandparents that were locked in chains, brought here to be enslaved and murdered, hanged, burned in churches.... dragged behind cars until their head was decapitated (look up the murder of James Bird in Jasper Texas)... that same ignorant logic that those white murderers used is the exact same your using, even though your not out there murdering gays u still think like those murderers that wouldn'tve had a second thought about killing us

its disappointing really, I truly feel sorry for u blacks that think this way... its ridiculous... its as if u have'nt learned a thing from your own history... its almost as if Dr. Martin Luther King, and Malcolm X died for nothing, they died for our freedom but in the end what was it all for when u are showing the same ignorance that they fought to kill??? yeah ur free now because of them but what did u learn??? apparently u learned to have the same mindset of those that oppressed u

anyway I doubt I'm gonna change minds but u people really need to re-think your views, really think about what your taught in religion... think about why the white man hated u & why u hate gays... I'm not telling u what to do, just some suggestions that might help u get out of that pit of ignorance that you are trapped in...

cheers...

[edit on 21-7-2008 by AlexG141989]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I suggest you stop "texting" in school and actually learn how to spell words. Once you do that and learn to put together a coherent sentence I'll be more inclined to listen to your ignorance. You don't have to spell perfect but it would help with your perspective. This should be in Rants because you are "Ranting" to "them".

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Your whole argument presumes ALL african americans are homophobic and therefore not gay. You can't fight biggotry with biggotry.

You REALLY need to look look at the other thread titles in this forum and I suggest you ask a mod to move it to bts.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by riley]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Your whole argument presumes ALL african americans are homophobic and therefore not gay. You can't fight biggotry with biggotry.

You REALLY need to look look at the other thread titles in this forum and I suggest you ask a mod to move it to bts.

I never said all african americans are homophobic so don't put words in my mouth ok... learn to read and comprehend... im african american to so what does that say about your reply??? and don't suggest what I should do, if a mod feels the need to delete this thread or move it to bts then by all means, he may do so...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
it says alot about someone who cannot understand, even when I intentionally say things like "homophobic blacks", or "the blacks that think this way" they can't understand that I'm not talking about the whole black race... try reading the whole post next time ok

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This forum is about conspiracies against evolutionary science by the creationist movement. You advised me to read posts properly so to be fair here is some more reading material for you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
New Forum For The Debate of Origins and Creationism

conspiracy
n 1: a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act [syn: confederacy] 2: a plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act (especially a political plot) [syn: cabal] 3: a group of conspirators banded together to achieve some harmful or illegal purpose[syn: confederacy]
Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

The United States is singularly unique in experiencing the phenomenon of "creationism" and/or "intelligent design" advocates seeking to eliminate the teaching of evolution science in favor of non-scientific philosophy.

Over the past year, with the evangelically charged U.S. election, the creationism movement has gained new momentum along with an increase in posts here on ATS. From a purely objective standpoint, the issue of an organized group seeking to diminish or replace a widely accepted scientific topic with one of pure philosophy and faith fits the description of a "conspiracy".

Just as we've added the "Peak Oil" forum for the increased topics related to diminishing oil reserves and increased demand, we've now added a new forum dedicated to the discussion of the origins debate, as well as the discussion of other alternative ancient origin stories.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm not reading that because it seems u still have not read my post... did u read what I typed at the top??? im not goign to quote it u can go look yourself, but if you are not interested in this thread why post in it???

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hi, I'm just wondering why this is only aimed at black guys? Why not all humans? Is there a reason for this? Like lot of experience with it or something?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
pheonix, i feel all homophobes are ignorant and idiotic, I see them the same way I see the old racist white man, or anybody who is racist.. but I directed this mainly towards black homophobes because I would expect blacks to be more understanding of discrimination because of our history... also because of another thread i was having this conversation in at another site, alot of the black posters in the thread were saying horrific things, such as they have no problem with gays bieng murdered, they were saying gays deserve to go to hell just for bieng gay... "batty boy" "boom boom bye in a batty boy head" those are jamaican terms used to degrade gays that posters in the thread kept constantly using

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I work with a gay black guy....

omg I said black.

anyways, I just wish he'd come out the closet already...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

These threads are stupid because you single out a specific group of people for something like this, obviously targeting said group, and then refuse to acknowledge evidence to the contrary or the fact that theres more than 1 group. For instance, why homophobic blacks, instead of just homophobes. When you do this, people question why you single out a set group of people and not just the group as a whole. There's OBVIOUSLY a reason..

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

These threads are stupid because you single out a specific group of people for something like this, obviously targeting said group, and then refuse to acknowledge evidence to the contrary or the fact that theres more than 1 group. For instance, why homophobic blacks, instead of just homophobes. When you do this, people question why you single out a set group of people and not just the group as a whole. There's OBVIOUSLY a reason..

can i read??? look at the last post i made because i wont repeat myself

*edit

how do I delete this post???

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

can u read??? look at the last post i made because i wont repeat myself

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

1- If YOU could read you would see I responded to your OP

2- Obviously you can't since you couldn't even see what you were typing..

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Question Fate]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Alex, i understand where you are getting at. ALL homophobes upset you but it really angers you when african americans do it because they have felt discriminated against and they should know better.

I don't feel Alex is being racist at all and I think it's sad that we can't say anything about race without being called a racist.

Anyways I felt similar when a lesbian woman made a crude comment about me being overweight.

It is quite interesting how people who are constantly discriminated against seem to have no problem discriminating against other people. Do you think that maybe it's a case of projection? You know, they are discriminated against and therefore they feel the need to pass it on to someone else?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I mentioned this the other day, but this is another opportunity.
How is disliking something considered a phobia?

Isn't calling someone a homophobe a divisive generalization?
Labels are labels.
People might be more open to understand if they aren't lumped into a category.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Alex, i understand where you are getting at. ALL homophobes upset you but it really angers you when african americans do it because they have felt discriminated against and they should know better.

I don't feel Alex is being racist at all and I think it's sad that we can't say anything about race without being called a racist.

Anyways I felt similar when a lesbian woman made a crude comment about me being overweight.

It is quite interesting how people who are constantly discriminated against seem to have no problem discriminating against other people. Do you think that maybe it's a case of projection? You know, they are discriminated against and therefore they feel the need to pass it on to someone else?

someone actually understands... & don't really know why people who are discriminated against tend to discriminate against others... its absurd, especially for black people to act this way... and to whoever is suggesting Im a racist, I'm black myself so I don't see how that can be

SpaceDoubt - I wonder that to sometimes to but I don't know... but thats the term people who hate gays go by so I call them that

Question Fate - Look at Snowflake Obsidian's post to understand what I was saying... I thought I made it perfectly clear in my first post but apparently some people...... nevermind

"I suggest you stop "texting" in school and actually learn how to spell words. Once you do that and learn to put together a coherent sentence I'll be more inclined to listen to your ignorance. You don't have to spell perfect but it would help with your perspective. This should be in Rants because you are "Ranting" to "them"."

Yeah we'll like u said, this was a rant so I wasn't paying attention to my spelling, but I don't see how what I posted is not understandable...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

First off just because you are black doesn't mean you can't be racist, anyone can be racist. And there have been so many off topic replys that I'm not sure where this thread is going.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigshow

First off just because you are black doesn't mean you can't be racist, anyone can be racist. And there have been so many off topic replys that I'm not sure where this thread is going.

:shk: WOW, i posted this on ats cuz i thought people would have some sence here... now can u please quote any part of my posts that show me bieng racist???

and you just contributed to the off topic posts so why are you complaining???

new topics

top topics

join