It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I’m changing my mind on Nibiru.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
After months of playfully debunking and attacking anything and everything Nibiru related, I am starting to think maybe there is something to the story afterall.

Taking the Sitchinism out of the equation just to add more reality to the scenario. The way I see it, we have bugger all idea as to what is floating around the K.Belt or Oort cloud and are making new discoveries everyday.

I have heard (over and over again) both sides of the argument about a ‘large’ body affecting the orbits of Pluto, Uranus and Neptune. Whether a planet is doing this or not I do not know but I am curious as to what is ‘flinging’ the comets etc into the inner solar system. The way I see it, some of them are quite large and would not have their orbits changed so drastically by a collision with another comet. Since a comet is largely ‘dirty ice’ would it not just get broken up not deflected. For something to change another bodies course by up to 90 degrees it would have to be a gravitational slingshot type effect as performed by our spacecraft around planets.

Also, if you look at our nearest binary stars, Centaur A&B they are 23AU apart at their closest point, yet a third star is 1300 AU and is still considered part of the group. So why could we not have another star this far out or even closer as part of our system?

Or lets look at 61 Cygni A and B

61 Cygni A seems to be a variable star. It has been given the variable star designation V1083 Cygni as well as the New Suspected Variable designation of NSV 13543. The star and its stellar companion B have a highly elliptical orbit (e= 0.40) that swings them between 51.7 and 121.0 AUs apart in an orbit that lasts about 722 years

With an elliptical orbit like this it covers huge distances in 722 years. If, looking at Centaur ‘C’ being 1300 AU roughly 10 times the furthest distance between Cygni A and B the orbit of Centaur C could be as long as 7220 years. I don’t know if that logic works or if the distance and orbit have a direct correlation but so I am guessing. If this is right, a 3000 odd year orbit might not be out of the question.

[edit on 20/7/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
No, don't leave us skeptics!!!

But you're right, I've got no doubt that there could be something massive out in the Oort cloud - even the nearest star to our solar system could affect the Oort's shape (according to theories) because it's such a huge expanse of material.

I'd say there's something very big way out, but I don't think it's going to come near us in the next couple of years like the Nibiru folk think.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

One thing that makes you wonder is what happened to the missing planet?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Hello, I just thought that you might want to know an interesting fact about Nibiru? Nibiru is a mash up of Nebo (the name of a mountain in moab) and Ru also Ra and comes from "Red" and "Sun". Nebo you might recognize from Nebokadnezeer (Babylonian King) and Ra from Egyptian. In the Egyptian there was a band of Snake worshiping Rebels called Siberu/Subiru. You know this band as a different name, but non the less familiar and that name is Hebrew. Hebrew is Nibiru. Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Thanks Mattguy,
As you can see I am in dire need of being set straight!!!

This theory that came to me could be my undoing and may even lead me to change my POV on other things. Maybe the Earth IS hollow. Is it possible GWB is a reptilian? Was 9/11 orchistrated by Al-Qaeda ?

Seriously though, I would like to know the thoughts of those more astronomically knowledgeable than me as to the possibility of this theory or am I having myself on?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I won't exactly change my mind on Nibiru if I were you. Even if outside planet orbits like Neptune, Pluto, Jupiter, Uranus, Saturn's are affected. It could be a number of things.

It could be the Sun affecting their orbits and planetary conditions, climate and atmosphere. Other large comets. It could be also part the horizontal alignment of the the center of the Milky Way that's affecting them. As 2012 does predict that.

Let's say if is Nibiru. How come Nibiru hasn't passed yet when it should have in April of 2004? When 2009 comes around I'm expecting a lot of sightings from Amatur and Pro Astronomers commenting about the bright bright red dwarf star, down in the southern hemisphere. When it reaches 2011, it is expected that everyone should see it come to pass around between Earth and Mars (?).

But anyways I like this little video music clip about it
youtube.com...

But I don't exactly want to believe it because you know we have come this far and nothing has happened yet. Rather than squating on your heels shaking in fear, stand up and have a postive attitude. It'll maybe change the reality of our lives and life on Earth.

But if it does happen. Well I hope all of you ATS members survive if that's the case.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Look into Tom Van Flanders he did some research on this. I think he arrived at the conclusion, that the proposed orbit could not be maintained. He also has a neat theory on exploding planets and how solar systems and planets and moons are formed.

Here he is speaking about the face on MARS

I'm trying to find the interview with Tom van flanders. He also worked with a guy from NASA who is now dead. I can't find anything on this now. It's been 8 months or so since I looked.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Swingarm]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Enlighten us here, are the Hebrews the snake worshippers, is that what you're getting at? The old, Sons of Satan train of thought is it? Do tell, riddles are bellow someone of your apparent gifts, so tell us all about it.

-hex23

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Greetings!

Well, you might be on to something. With regards to what you asked about the Earth being hollow, that might be true to a certain extent. Not to be read "entirely hollow" but the notion that there are layers of civilizations underneath us, that apparently is something that is mentioned by a few religious traditions. The way I understood it, was that there is, according to some perceptions, approximately 7 layers of concentric world-scapes stacked on top of each other with varying indigenous lifeforms similar in many ways to our own human race. There appears to be mention of an "inner sun" which could be the core of the planet, and I think has been referred to as the "black sun" in some occultic traditions. I'm not saying it's true, but according to sacred texts from many traditions, and one in particular I can think of which goes into some detail gives this otherwise sorta-kinda-nutso idea some surprising precedence. Journey to the center of the Earth? Probably not so much, journey a few congruent layers down which are inhabited and have pathways which con-mingle with our world? Accodring to certain sources, apparently a resounding "yes!" Is this merely myth-making? Who knows, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't.

-hex23

[edit on 21-7-2008 by hexagram23]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by hexagram23]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hexagram23

Well, I tried to edit to fix a spelling error but it didn't happen. The above should've read "co-mingle" instead of "con-mingle."

The copy editors responsible have been sacked!

-H23

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There is no large planet on a highly elliptical 3600 year orbit that brings it as close to the Sun as Earth. If there was, the orbits of the other planets would have been affected significantly, and the asteroid belt would be in chaos.

As for comets, most of those that pass through the inner Solar System on very highly elliptical orbits have come from locations a lot further from the Sun than the Kuiper Belt. At Oort Cloud distances (up to a light year), the orbital velocities of solar orbiting objects are extremely low. Therefore, even a change in their velocities of just a few metres per second (caused by gravitational perturbations from passing stars or gas clouds) can increase the orbital eccentricity from close to zero (circular orbit) to nearly one (parabolic orbit, with a perihelion distance very close to the Sun).

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

HI Mogget,
I was kinda hoping you would enter into this one. I should clarify though, I am not suggeting that it will come as cose as earth, but even 50-100AU would have quite an impact not only on the outer planets but us as well.
Also, for the record, I am in no way suggesting an ETA of 2012, only speculating at this point on the likelyhood of it being there,

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

Which missing planet? Could you please expand on this? In posting that pic you seem to be tending towards Sitchinism which I should point out is forbidden in this thread.

Hex,
The hollow Earth, Morlock type civilisation you are discussing is fascinating but an idea to be destroyed another time. (See Mattguy. I am still as sceptical as ever
just exploring options
)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Why is a tablet from ancient times sitchinism?

Why can't it be something that shows actual proof of 12 planets?

You don't really need to look at the tablet and say well thats sitchins idea, look at it and say what you think, not what someone else thinks.

I see 12 planets, i don't see moons because then there would be more then 12. So does that mean dwarf planets also don't count?

Pluto is a dwarf planet I would say that moons and dwarf planets are very similar in size. So why wouldn't Jupiters moons be on the tablet and the dwarf planets of pluto and charon are there?

Maybe there are planets yet to be discovered.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.iau.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

The tablet itself is not sitchinism but its fantastical interpretations are. I could put my imagination to work and come up with a dozen possibilities for this tablet. I might even get one of them right by chance. It could also be one of those ‘artist interpretation’ type pictures. How accurate is the last supper painting? Yet some take it as gospel (so to speak)

I don’t doubt that there could be more planets to find. Some of them are quite possibly larger than earth even. I just find it hard to see that Sitchins idea of a plant/sun/mini solar system inhabited by DNA altering human enslaving race can or will make a journey to our inner solar system on a regular basis for the purposes of mining or Human harvesting as so many believe.

The theory I outlined is in my mind vaguely plausible though unlikely but it is the closest I can see to any form of reality with regards to the whole Nibiru scenario.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
I am curious as to what is ‘flinging’ the comets etc into the inner solar system.
[edit on 20/7/2008 by VIKINGANT]

Alrite there vikingant

Comets have been flying through and around our solar system since the beginning some taking 30 million years per 1 orbit with just the sun as the gravitational force pulling them around, theres supposed to be 1 trillion plus comets out there in the ort cloud, mabe its comets hitting comets that are making them on a trajectory into the inner solar system

[edit on 8/6/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The painting of the last supper i believe is completely fictional. Its very easy to paint something and say it actually happened because the painting exists, not what happened in real life.

The Bible is actually very acurate on many of the stories it tells, its a collection of books over time. Though to belive in god is anyones choice, but as soon as god comes to help i'll believe, but until then the book is good for hidden truths.

Look in the book of Exodus 9:23-26 and Joshua 10:11-16.

If you read those verses it tells things related to Nibiru's effects on earth (personal belief).

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Quickfix]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You cannot be serious.
Nowhere in the bible with any amount of imagination can I find anything to do with Nibiru.
this thread was started from a momentary lapse of reason. we all know there is no Nibiru or Nibiru like planet on its way to destroy us.

with regard to the additional planets. there is a thought that we already have more than 10 planets. If you include Puto. Ceres, MakeMake, and Eris. I just dont think there is room in the Sumarian script for another.....

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
You cannot be serious.
Nowhere in the bible with any amount of imagination can I find anything to do with Nibiru.
this thread was started from a momentary lapse of reason

your not wrong there buddy whoops one liner = 2 cents

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

What can I say A-S/ You crack me up!!!

I am glad you see where I am coming from. Thank you for being part of bringing me back to my senses...
I promise I will not make mention of the fact you recently joined a PRO Nibiru group...LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join