It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Terrorist Rail Bombings in Madrid, Al Qaeda Claims Responsibility, Threatens US Attacks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"We bring the good news to Muslims of the world that the expected 'Winds of Black Death' strike against America is now in its final stage

Now that strikes a nerve. Black Death is also the name for the plague. In its Pneumonic stage (airborne) it would be a very effective bioweapon. Old reports state that a person could be well in the morning and dead in the evening after coming into contact with it, although it usually takes 2-4 days to cause death.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just watching This Week on BBC and they say they've heard rumours that Downing Street strongly believe that Al Qaeda was behind the bombing.

Strangely this seems to be uniting europe, with even many in the UK taking it as an attack on them. If it was Al Qaeda though then why not attack the UK? What happened in Spain could just as easily happened in the UK, and it would've made more of a point.

If it is Al Qaeda I'm very confused by their choice of target, although I'm sure it's very hard to understand the logic of a terrorist.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Strangely this seems to be uniting europe, with even many in the UK taking it as an attack on them. If it was Al Qaeda though then why not attack the UK? What happened in Spain could just as easily happened in the UK, and it would've made more of a point.

I'm watching it too --Professor Winston Wahey!--

I agree on the assessments that this feels like an attack on us, we have a bond with the spanish as we've been regularly invading their costal resorts for the past 30 years they're the nearest thing we have to a good neighbour.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
'Winds of Black Death'

Could this be plague or Yellowstone?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
'Winds of Black Death'

This yellowstone thing is beginning to annoy me just as much as Titor.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
If it was Al Qaeda though then why not attack the UK? What happened in Spain could just as easily happened in the UK, and it would've made more of a point.

If it is Al Qaeda I'm very confused by their choice of target, although I'm sure it's very hard to understand the logic of a terrorist.

Most likely due to the fact that the Spanish PM stood with Blair and Bush in the invasion of Iraq.
They seem obsessed with punishing those that are our friends. I think it was a message to other nations, since you are right we all expect the UK or US to get attacked, now our friends in Spain and Turkey have been targeted.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by energy_wave
'Winds of Black Death'

This yellowstone thing is beginning to annoy me just as much as Titor.

The reason I say Yellowstone is because several months ago there were rumors on suspected AlQuida websites saying something about the 3 days of darkness and something happening in the central US. Also the largest drill in Yellowstone history is going to take place very soon. Why all the security and preperation?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Turkey is more of an arrangement of convenience, we hate their human rights record but we need them to stay democratic.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
heads up, even though the USA has not officially increased the terror level alert, security at the port and airport has been upped significantly today. Security at the nearby power plant has also become more visible. Also noticed that flight patterns have suddenly changed. I wonder if anyone else has noticed any changes or increase security today?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I live near a port and they have blocked the roads in and out and now armed security is walking the area. You raise an interesting point though, why haven't they raised the alert? Normally it is for no known reason, now we all know the reason. Seems odd to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There has been visible security increases in the past few days at UK Civilian and Military ports.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
even here in aus ive notice today a lot of airforce/army heli's flying over, i havent heard about more security at airports or anything yet though.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
another big strike.... ok, somebody has got to say it and it might as well be me
Al Queda...........is it in response to almost being wiped out....they have taken responsibility for this attack..now what will happen???
they never did take responsibility for 911....hmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I ran across this article just a few minutes ago....which, basically mentions that Mr. Hans Blix, undoubtedly safe and 'comfy' in his home, states and warns the US and the UK have overly exaggerated the threat of terrorism....

"Blix warns of exaggerated terror threat"
washingtontimes.com...

Here's the $64,000 question concerning Mr. Blix's assertions:
Can he say that terrorism is overly exaggerated in Spanish? I'm almost positive that those families, relatives, and friends of those that died or were wounded, as well as, the Prime Minister of Spain, would have some clarifying choice words for Mr. Blix? Mr. Blix, you do realize that Spain (3/11) is taking this as the US took 9/11?

Nice move and timing Mr. Blix....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Who do you think is responsible for the attacks Seekerof?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Seekerof, i'm sure you share my sentiments that blix is a very camera happy man, he loves nothing more than addressing an audience.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
John and Nerdling....
To be honest and not "in the loop"....I would have to wait and see what funnels out for "who" is really behind this.

Thus far....the resposibility for this tragedy has been claimed by Al-Qaeda but I have read reports that has stated that "other" groups may have been associated with this.

As GanjaGoddess mentioned previously, and others:

"Arab newspaper receives Spain bombing claim on behalf of al-Qaeda"
www.usatoday.com...

Excerpts:

"This is part of settling old accounts with Spain, the crusader, and America's ally in its war against Islam," the claim said."

The claim also said that a major attack against America was "90% ready."
The five-page e-mail claim, signed by the shadowy Brigade of Abu Hafs al-Masri, was received at Al-Quds al-Arabi's London offices. It said the brigade's "death squad" had penetrated "one of the pillars of the crusade alliance, Spain," and carried out what it called Operation Death Trains."

There are already assertions being made the the bombings may have something to do with Spain's upcoming elections...who knows at this moment, to be honest.

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah Seekerof, no one really knows who did it yet but plenty have opinions. I was asking what your opinion was about who did this? Don't worry it's not a trick question I'd just like to know what you are assuming or believing from what we've heard so far...?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Turkey is more of an arrangement of convenience, we hate their human rights record but we need them to stay democratic.

Say sonny you ever been in a Turkish Prison?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join