It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the moon tonight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
there always has to be one person who has to insult someone to feel good about themselves ...just chalk it up to ignorance on how to treat others ...I was wondering the same thingtonight....where is the moon? it was out last night and it was beautiful ...no sight of it yet tonight ....in Southern Ca.

link   
there always has to be one person who has to insult someone to feel good about themselves ...just chalk it up to ignorance on how to treat others ...I was wondering the same thingtonight....where is the moon? it was out last night and it was beautiful ...no sight of it yet tonight ....in Southern Ca.

link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
yeah, if the moon wasn't there. we would all be dead due to us floating off into space
!! WOOOOO!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
Im not into astrology But i to noticed something that was odd to me last night.

Well first of all you meant Astronomy and that was most likely Jupiter you saw... You will notice that on the chart in that other post

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
What I wanna know is ....... all the moons of other planets have names, how come our moon is just ........... moon. Like naming yer kid "kid", lol

the Sun is Sol, Earth is Terra, and the Moon is Luna...

NASA uses Sol when describing days the Rover is on Mars

These other names are not commonly used but maybe that is because the 'common' people are like "UGH MOON...

Hence the terms like Solar... Terrestrial (of Earth) Extra Terrestrial (not of Earth) and Lunar...

Now we have a Cow and a Bull but what animal are they?

The Base on Farside is also called Luna

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I'm not going to get into this with you. However much I would like to, it's not healthy for me.

Well how about me? Can I get 'into it with you?'

UPDATE ON WANING MOON: RISE FOR MAY 12, LATE ONCE MORE!

Greetings:

For the Record, the US Naval Observatory says that the moon was due to rise last night (this morning) at my latitude, (46 N/120W) at 3:16 AM PDT.

I finally threw in the towel at 4:05 AM and went to bed. There was still no moon at that point.

-CliffMickelson

SOURCE

Moon rises late AGAIN!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

THE MOON WILL ALTER HER ORDER (LATE AGAIN!)
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

On Sept. 7, 2003 CNN reported the moon out of phase

Originally posted by jpm1602
On Sept 7 it was widely reported by major media siting the Naval Moon Observatory news release that the full moon would be a 'full three days earlier'. ....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Moon Phase Aberations
SOURCE

Might be related to missing time

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yea after i posted it, i was looking at it today and said ha ha, i wrote that wrong. And as far as the static on the radio stations, we had a very bad storm today. So i figure there was alot of electrical disturbance in the air last night. Here it is summer and illinois has been hit with rain every other week it seems. Still very hot though.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I ate the moon.

The moon is fine, no worries. It's not going anywhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Umm, I haven't seen the moon in two nights. Last night, and the three times I went out tonight.. Is it normal? I know there are phases, but do any of the phases include the moon being not visible?

Troy

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I think it's in the sky

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well I will check again tomorrow. I do have some trees that I guess it could be behind. I'm trying to recall if I've ever not seen it.

I am limited in mobility as my car is broken, otherwise I might take a night drive and try to locate it.

Troy

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
I think it's in the sky

But your not sure are you

But this isn't about the moon being missing... just about time shifts that many are noticing and or experiencing...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It's crazy! But I'm up all night and haven't seen it in more than a few. Need to do some research.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Umm, I haven't seen the moon in two nights. Last night, and the three times I went out tonight.. Is it normal? I know there are phases, but do any of the phases include the moon being not visible?

Troy

I saw it on Friday. It was eating the Sun!

(Obviously when the Moon is close to the sun it'll not be visible - should now be a slight crescent in the evening sky to the west just after sunset)

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Nice Capture Essan...

Most people don't bother taking a shot through the clouds..

Mind if I use it on Pegasus?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi Zorgon

I'll be happy for you to use the picture

It was quite a sunny day here, with just a few clouds passing by so I was quite pleased to manage any photo at all. Picture was taken close to maximum as seen from central England.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There are other stars shining. This isn't about the moon being behind clouds. Give me a little credit here. I've been seeing it near a bright start in recent memory.

I drove a short distance tonight. I don't see it yet.

Troy

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
Hey, y'know, i've never actually thought of asking, but have any of you seen the moon when it was red? Or, some of you mentioned when it appears gold/ yellow; what are the causes for these things? And is there actually any possibility for the moon to appear blue? (Sure it sounds dumb, but since i'm asking...)

You mean to tell me NO ONE here knows? These were serious questions. I would have thought there would be SOME reason for the occasional odd colorations... anybody?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join