It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the moon tonight?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm just north of Houston, and the moon is definitely out.

Nothing to worry about!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
Um, if you went out tomorrow and the sun wasn't out you don't think that you would be curious as to what was going on? I think your comment was pretty rude.

The moons position to us is not like the Sun, which is only different by minutes per day. While the moon orbits us, it also orbits the Sun, so where and when it is, is always different. Hence sometimes it's daytime, but the moon is out at the same time.

What I wanna know is ....... all the moons of other planets have names, how come our moon is just ........... moon. Like naming yer kid "kid", lol

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Bizarre....I did some googling and this recent article caught my attention:

Our sources at an international banking cartel have revealed that the moon was recently repossesed. According to our sources (who demanded anononymity) the moon was presented as collateral in 2007 by the United States Federal Reserve in an effort to secure interim funding aimed at shoring up a failing economy. However, mounting financial pressures have since forced the Fed into default. It is rumored that the Fed has been furiously printing money in an effort to regain control of the moon but our understanding is that these sheets will ultimately be utilized as bathroom wipes rather than legal tender.

It is unclear at this time exactly which bank holds title to the moon, or where the moon has been secured for safe keeping, but our sources suggest that they have been approached by a legal firm based in Dubai. Assurances have been made that the moon will be returned to it's original orbit as soon as the financial details have been worked out.

We will be updating this story as new information arises....

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

/satire

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey, y'know, i've never actually thought of asking, but have any of you seen the moon when it was red? Or, some of you mentioned when it appears gold/ yellow; what are the causes for these things? And is there actually any possibility for the moon to appear blue? (Sure it sounds dumb, but since i'm asking...)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

9:43 PM PST in Mexicali, Baja California.

Moon should've been up over an hour ago but it's not there. There is something wrong.

I've been an avid astrology student for the last 21 years or so, and I know how the Moon behaves and where it should be. North Star is moved and so are the constellations, which show more South from where they should traverse.

OP should realise people hardly pay attention to nature, anymore. Sunrise is in the Northeast, even on June 21st, and Sun sets on the Northwest.

I think Earth has tilted some more from the 23.5 degrees it tilts at the axis.

I went out for dinner with my wife and the Moon is out, now at 10:15 PM PST

[edit on 21/7/2008 by ignaciobeltran]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The sun is a bit different to the moon don't you think?

Considering the moon rotates the whole planet not just Texas (hard to believe I know) there is a pretty damn good chance that it isn't going to be in the night sky every night.

Sorry if blunt truth is too rude for you.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
[What I wanna know is ....... all the moons of other planets have names, how come our moon is just ........... moon. Like naming yer kid "kid", lol

Moon is not a family member, though. Have you noticed Earth has only ONE Moon? There is no need to distiguish it from the rest.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

The sun is a bit different to the moon don't you think?

Considering the moon rotates the whole planet not just Texas (hard to believe I know) there is a pretty damn good chance that it isn't going to be in the night sky every night.

Sorry if blunt truth is too rude for you.

Yes I realize that the moon isn't suppose to be in the sky every night but I do know that last night wasn't suppose to be one of the nights that it isn't in the sky.

I'm not going to get into this with you. However much I would like to, it's not healthy for me.

But I would like to say that at least I am paying attention to the small differences in life. Sorry if that offends you.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ignaciobeltran

Thank you for your post. It sounds like you should know more about this than most. So can you tell me why this is happening?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hahahaha. Wow I have seen post on ats that would out of their mind crazy this post seems too paranoid.

ok, look at your local news station or local news paper they would have it with the weather area about moon rise and moon set.

This can be a new moon, or it could be a late rise. If it's a late rise then you will be able to see the moon early in the morning like anything by 6:00am and above.

if you notice we orbit the sun this has different changes of gravitational pull on the earth this is one reason that we have late moonrise and moonset.. I notice this happens between june to october.. This will happen from time to time. It should say in your local news.

you can also check the weather in space by going to www.spaceweather.com

here is an image :

Hope this helps.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignaciobeltran

Wow, lol. I guess you forgot that we tilt??? the reason in the summer in North America we get warmer temps because our earth tilts if you notice the moons and start constellations moves every season.

you should look at where it is now and then in the winter look at where it is then you will notice a shift.

I seen the moon north of my house before summer and it then slowly everyday goes closer south.. I can see it in the winter at the south. this cycle then repeats.

the cause of this is the gravitational pull differs from the sun. We orbit the sun not in a perfect circle which cause some days to have more of a tug and other days less of a tug from the sun.

the sun doesn't turn or move or anything like that it just sits there. applying gravitational pull on every planet in our solar system causing us to orbit the sun.

Also did you know we age because of gravity. NASA been doing experiments and said that if your in space you will stay the age that you are when you went to space.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Ok OP, I will write something weird that happened to me and maybe they will pick on me instead of you.

Last week I went outside right after sunset and saw the moon in the west about a quarter way up. It was not a full moon...it was a quarter moon. There was a star in the NW sky that I even looked at with my binoculars. It was the only star in the sky at the time. I didn't think much of this until I looked up a few minutes later and they were both gone.

Then the next night, I saw a full moon come up in the SE. This freaked me out because I knew what I had seen the night before could not have been there.

Ok everyone, pick away!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thats so strange! Last night i said to my brother that the moon never appears out of my bedroom window despite having a view for miles. We looked everywhere last night and couldnt see it! Front of the house & Back, and last night was a very very clear last night hence why i was star gazing...very odd?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
IN L.A WE HAVE HAD FULL MOONS FOR THE PAST 3 NIGHTS..
NO LIE..

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Im in Louisiana and at 10pm the moon was there in it's magnificance, but it was bright orange. Kinda cool looking.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Dont be so hard on the op people. Im not into astrology But i to noticed something that was odd to me last night. For about a month now ive noticed next to the moon is a bright star. Been there every night and never moved. Last night i was driving and i seen that bright star but no moon. Now it didnt really make me freak out about it, But i definetly noticed the change form the night before.

I also noticed that all my radio pre-sets in the car where mostly static. It was a very clear night and has never happened before. I found that very strange to say the least. I also had a strange feeling that something was just not right. The last time i felt this, something very strange happened that night. I will start a thread about this later.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by russ1969]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Moon hijacked?
Moon was destroyed by Reptillians?
Moon was actually CIA black-ops, all along..?

I liked the urgency the OP had in his words.
I read it like this in my head...
"Oh God...Oh God, where is the moon?! Where the hell is the moon?!
Does anyone know where the moon is? Anyone?! Oh Lord, I called my Grandparents moments ago, they couldn't find it either! Just what the hell is happening?!"

That almost brought a tear to my eye.
You've made my day, OP

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Dewm0nster]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Is your post to imply that you believe that the moon and the stars are at the same place in the night sky each day at a given hour of time?

The moon and star rise times differ from day to day. Which means that the earth's position in it's orbit of the sun and the moon's orbit of the Earth are changing on a daily (hourly, by the second) basis.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

No, i was just refering to the position of the star and moon on the previous nights before, thats all. I didnt think much of it, Just that it was strange how it wasnt in the same spot at the same time.s as the previous nights.

I was thinking more about why all of the sudden the radio stations that where pre-set where all static. And the fact that i felt like something just wasnt right about last night.

And i also said i wasnt into astrology. Thank you very much!

[edit on 21-7-2008 by russ1969]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sheez... come on. It just rises later as it goes through it's cycle. Wait.... no,I'm wrong! The Mayan's calculations were off! It isn't 2012 it's 2008 it begins with a dissappearing moon!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join