It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WELL! Hello Dolly!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

WELL! Hello Dolly!

www.weather.com

"Tropics are really heating up right now. Tipically you see alot of activity, or more activity, once you push a little later in the summer. Busy right now!"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.weather.com

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yet another sign that things are quickly going from bad to worst. I'm sure I shouldn't have to remind anyone of the tropical storm seasons over the past couple of years. Well it would seem these storms are no longer following natural weather patterns as the stronger storms are already starting to form months in advance. Is this a sign of the next big storm season? Is this a sign of the end?

www.weather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

This absolutely Isn't the sign of the end. You're going off of basically one weather mans opinion. I think we all know how good weathermen are at prediction the weather, let alone months in advance. Its just that the media coverage of these things is more excessive and tends to put the "fear" into the public if you will.

Look at 2006 for example. It was predicted to be the worst hurricane season in decades and yet it was a flop. The year 2006 had the fewest Atlantic hurricanes in over 20 years. If you look at the data you will see that there is typically 15 hurricanes in the Atlantic every year.

Looks like a rather normal weather pattern to me.

NHC Archive of Hurricane Seasons

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated-
Is this a sign of the end?

The end of what?
Arent you being a bit overly dramatic, especially considering that its currently not even a hurricane, at least officially.

I live in Corpus Christi Tx and have been monitoring this storm pretty closely the last couple of days.
Although it officially hasnt hit hurricane strength yet, (estimated winds are 70 mph) it is forecast to do so before the next update, which will be in a couple of hours.
Theyre predicting a hit somewhere on the Texas/Mexico border but all that depends on the steering currents and some other weather related factors
As you can see by this Web Cam, which is located on the Bob Hall pier a few miles from Corpus, we aren't much, if any, effects from the storms outer bands yet.
Surf Web Cam

The tropics are really off to an early start this year, it isnt usually this active until mid August.

Anybody else on the board from Corpus or the Valley area?
Do you plan on leaving or hanging around and riding it out?
Personally Im staying, it would take at least a high Category 2 or low 3 to get me to leave and Dolly is only expected to make it to a mid to high Cat 1 or low Cat 2.
If and when it comes in and if it seems interesting enough, I will take some video of it, I have the perfect view, being on the 7th floor of a Condo, overlooking Corpus Christi Bay.

[edit on 7/22/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
If you look at the data you will see that there is typically 15 hurricanes in the Atlantic every year.

And there were 32 in 2005. Three of which passed directly over the same town in Florida. Not saying that means anything more than statistics can be made to say whatever you like.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am northeast in the coastal bend. We have a 60% rain chance for tomorrow. We are hoping for a bit of rain from some of the bands. Pretty good cloud cover northeast of the storm center.

It is scattered clouds and 97 now.

Stay safe, Kr0n0s.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The news is merely covering the storms more these days to take our minds off things like the war and cost of gas, cause if they make us afraid of something else we won't notice other things.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by zarlaan
If you look at the data you will see that there is typically 15 hurricanes in the Atlantic every year.

And there were 32 in 2005. Three of which passed directly over the same town in Florida. Not saying that means anything more than statistics can be made to say whatever you like.

Yea...

The Towns of Jensen Beach, Stuart, and Palm City were Ravished in 2005... they had 2 cat 3-4's hit within a couple weeks of each other. I just moved from the area weeeks before the hurricanes came in.

But, over the course of Recorded history, EVERY INCH of Florida has had the eye of a Hurrican pass over it.

And right on, on the media useing the natural dissasters to distract from other things.

Now for Dolly... The only thing strange about dolly is the relative size vs the length of time its been there. The North-Eastern portion of the storm Looks mighty fierce, and we can only hope that this system blows onland AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. We dont want this thing sitting over the Gulf for ANY TIME.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I don't see anywhere that i tried to manipulate the statistics to suggest anything other than the fact they show this is not "the end" as the original poster was suggesting; or the fact that the weather is still unpredictable as ever and hasn't shown any patterns of doomsday coming.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by zarlaan]

top topics

join