It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay rights and abortion rights should not affect your vote!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yea...

We can only hope the trend continues.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wasn't the ban declared unconstituitonal. I thought so at least in a few states?

JON

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I dont see why the powers that be can't come up with a new marriage license for gays. Then all the hetero married couples who are worried about gays ruining their institution won't have anything to worry about.

And while their at it just add another circle to fill in on the w-2 that says life-partners or something

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by JON]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Because gay marriage is wrong. Show me one civilization or time period in history where there was gay marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Homosexuality is unnatural. How can anyone argue it isn't. Can 2 men or 2 women have a child? NO. So it is unnatural.

I don't want my children to see gays as normal. If marriage or union is allowed it's saying it is okay to be gay and it isn't.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
Wasn't the ban declared unconstituitonal. I thought so at least in a few states?

Nope.....it's a federal law although I think there are a couple states protesting the prosecution of doctors who perform these abortions.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I am:
Against partial birth abortion (now....THAT is what I call murder)
Against women, or should I say girls, under 16 being allowed to have them without parental consent.
Against women who use them as their form of birth control

Hey Jethro.........what do you think about the "morning after pill" ? Do you consider that murder too?

And I am with you on the Gay marriage thing. I have no problems with gays or civil unions but I will get DIVORCED if MARRIAGE is ever defined as anything more than between a man and a woman. I would be embarassed to say I was married. This is another thing that I don't worry about...........IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN!!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
As far as the morning after pill is concerned, I would have to say yes I think it is.

The reason is that really, there is little distinction in the middle. Life either begins at conception, or it begins at birth.

There is no middle ground. I am one who thinks life begins at conception.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Then should you not have a problem with regular birth control?

Unless I am mistaken the egg is fertilized the pill just keeps it from sticking to the wall and growing so in a way ALL birth control except those approved by the church is in fact abortion.

I might be wrong on this one though

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
By "the church" you infer the Catholic church I believe???

The "Church" is not named that. The body of Christ.

Yet, in this area, Catholics have it right. birth control is a corrupt business!!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think you mean the abortion industry.

Murder is big business, and if you don't think so you should probably ask the military industrial complex.

Birth Control is not a bad thing. In fact, it is a good thing to people like me. Married, two kids, waiting a reasonable time to have another.

The problem with birth control, is that is gives root to the idea that ramant sex is cool because you can protect yourself.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
KJ, so it doesn't matter if a couple blantantly doesn't want a child...still no abortion. By blatant, I mean use of birth control, (Even following the drinking and anti biotics rule) condoms, and VCF all at once. You mean these people who DO NOT want a child, who happened to conceive, should not be able to have an abortion. Or do you see it like "You should name it Miracle and be about your way." I personally feel that if you are being as safe as humanly possible, bar the obvious, you should be able to get an abortion. But we will butt heads on that issue...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
As far as the morning after pill is concerned, I would have to say yes I think it is.

The reason is that really, there is little distinction in the middle. Life either begins at conception, or it begins at birth.

There is no middle ground. I am one who thinks life begins at conception.

Widespread use of this method of emergency contraception could prevent millions of accidental pregnancies and hundreds of thousands of abortions, say women's and medical groups that are trying to publicize what they call the best-kept secret in female health care.

I am so glad you have no daughters..........hmmm...wonder if there is a "higher" reason for that !!!???

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Yet, in this area, Catholics have it right. birth control is a corrupt business!!

YOU ARE SOOOOOO FUNNY!!! :bash:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Widespread use of this method of emergency contraception could prevent millions of accidental pregnancies and hundreds of thousands of abortions, say women's and medical groups that are trying to publicize what they call the best-kept secret in female health care.

I am so glad you have no daughters..........hmmm...wonder if there is a "higher" reason for that !!!???

I think the higher cause in my having boys, is so that I can raise them to be men. Real men, not the candy ass lollygaggers we have running around today.

Men are not trained how to treat women and how to take responcibility and his role in a relationship.

Men are lacking stick-to-itiveness and are just as much part of the problem as the women.

As for people who have kids even when they are on the pill.

Wah, too bad.

It happened to me, and you should damn well know that you can still get a girl pregnant.

My wife got pregnant while on birth control. Our second son Jack is the new addition, and has caused unbelieveable financial burden that we are only now starting to come out of.

But he was worth every painful second. Take notes kids

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
KJ, so it doesn't matter if a couple blantantly doesn't want a child...still no abortion. By blatant, I mean use of birth control, (Even following the drinking and anti biotics rule) condoms, and VCF all at once. You mean these people who DO NOT want a child, who happened to conceive, should not be able to have an abortion. Or do you see it like "You should name it Miracle and be about your way." I personally feel that if you are being as safe as humanly possible, bar the obvious, you should be able to get an abortion. But we will butt heads on that issue...

If you and your partner are so set against the idea of having children, what about vascetomies and tubal ligations???? If you truly don't want children, there are procedures available.
To me, under those circumstances, you are using abortion for birth control.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Men are not trained how to treat women and how to take responcibility and his role in a relationship.
Men are lacking stick-to-itiveness and are just as much part of the problem as the women.
As for people who have kids even when they are on the pill.
Wah, too bad.

Well at least you know your place on this earth...LOL

Who "trained" you? Did they teach you how to "play dead"? Do you still pee on the floor or have you learned to go on the papers?

I'm wondering why you think it's funny about accidental pregnancy?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

DUH !!! :bash:

How do you figure?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well at least you know your place on this earth...LOL

Who "trained" you? Did they teach you how to "play dead"? Do you still pee on the floor or have you learned to go on the papers?

Thanks for equating parenting to dog-owners. But my father and mother trained me. They have been married for 30 years and I am very lucky to have had that. I wish more people could but such is life I guess, and we can not always control the selfishness of others.

I'm wondering why you think it's funny about accidental pregnancy?

Am I laughing? I think this is fundamentally unfunny in almost every way. Accedental pregnancy happens, and is the sole responcibility of BOTH the man and woman involved to live up to that. I know you are against adoption because of the unbelieveable strain it would cause to wonder about your child as opposed to sleep easy knowing it's dead, but I tend to think that taking the easy road is not always the right one. The road to hell truely is paved with good intentions.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hoppinmad's original post would assume that just because Bush's attempts to change moral issues have been shot down by the courts that it is futile to vote for Bush because of his stance on moral issues.

What Hoppin apparently fails to understand is that regardless of Bush's failed attempts and the futility thereof, people who vote on moral issues are voting due to conscience, not whether they will be successful in implementing the moral change they believe in.

I for one am against abortion except for when the mother's life is in peril... which probably accounts for 1% of the abortions that take place. Yes if I got raped and impregnated, I would have the child.

A fetus is a child, a human and not a spleen, apendix or wart to be removed at the convenience of the person who's body is hosting it.

Yeah, I know that's a hated position to take but if you think I care what others think, think again~

Quite frankly I detest Bush, but IF I voted for him it would be squarely because he is at least making a percieved attempt to make moral changes.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks Intel, it is good to see a woman taking that stance.

As a man, I have been criticized greatly by saying a rape victim should still be expected to have the child.

He lies the problem though. Considering the government is responcible for the safety of it's people, it can be said that they should again be partially responcible for the payment for the birth and associated costs (which are great).

This is not my opinion, but it is food for thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

DUH !!! :bash:
How do you figure?

Because permanent birth control methods ARE available. Hence, abortion in this case is nothing more than back up birth control.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join