It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay rights and abortion rights should not affect your vote!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
What in your life has made you such a bitter wench?

ROFL

Idiots like you..........of course!
Have a nice day!

Well keep on spewing your #. I sure some suckers will soak it up and feel liberated from responciblity.

It's just too bad that you think I am an idiot.

I guess it must be better to hide behind your vagina as some sort of excuse for piss poor behavior.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
WOW

This thread is progressing in a mature and thought provoking manner.......

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I know.

It is truely Mud Pit material.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hey KJ - lets leave my vagina out of this..............it's too small for us both to hide behind

And for the record: THERE IS NO "C" IN RESPONSIBLE

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
You either are for killing babies because they aren't what you ordered, or you are against it.

OR YOU COULD GIVE THEM AWAY BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT FITS YOUR NEEDS!
I am so sick of this "killing baby" bull# you throw around. maybe it's my guilty conscious.....I don't know.....but why you think it's ok to give a child life and then turn your back on them and give them away is any better than abortion is beyond me. I think you need to check yourself on this one. Maybe that's what lets you sleep at night.....

Like I have said before.....we all have our beliefs. Just because adoption is what you chose to do and you can live with it....doesn't mean everyone can. And I know the same is true with abortion. But at least I know my unborn child isn't being neglected or abused and if I go to hell for my decision......I'll have lots of company.

Venus, it sounds like you have personal experience.
I too have personal experience by helping an ex-girlfriend to the clinic and paying for an abortion 16 years ago.

Killing babies is no bull# and I really believe in your heart you know this and feel pain such as my friend did afterwards and I do now wondering what my son or daughter would be like to have and love. My ex told me she was going to hell - I felt I was too.

The question is, how can we know the future of any child?? Can and are we really allowed to decide to deny the life of any child? Who are we to say you can not be born??!!

2 cents

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
WOW

LOL

That's too funny. I must say though, it sure has been a long time since I've been called a bitter wench....brings back so many "warm fuzzy" memories.....oh wait.....nevermind.....I was thinking about that vagina remark.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

WOW

LOL

That's too funny. I must say though, it sure has been a long time since I've been called a bitter wench....brings back so many "warm fuzzy" memories.....oh wait.....nevermind.....I was thinking about that vagina remark.

Nothing Personal some of my best friends have Vaginas.......

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
The question is, how can we know the future of any child?? Can and are we really allowed to decide to deny the life of any child? Who are we to say you can not be born??!!

I don't know the answers to your questions and I too have asked myself the same things. All I know is that at the time I had to make the decision, I believed in my heart that I was making the right choice. I already had one child and I was addicted to Meth. I had nightmares of delivering a deformed baby and woke up crying and begging God for direction. Now I am not saying "God told me to do it" but after a few weeks of this........the answer just came to me.......and I decided not to risk having a drug addicted baby for the sake of the child I already had.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I understand as well as I can Venus.

Every dynamic is different- I was fresh out of the service, got with a girl twice!!! and got a call on Father's day!!

I had little money, was not in love (her either) and did not have any inclination towards child rearing at the time. So, I took the easy way out it seems to me. Now, I deeply regret that decision no matter the hardship it may have caused me in the short run.

I see why you made your decision and am emphathetic (sincerely) to you and the suffering you experienced before and after....
Take care

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As I stated before me and my wife had to make the same choice 17 years ago. It wasnt drugs but a high fever that the doctor claimed hurt the fetus.

We chose to keep the baby but it is not a choice I would EVER wont to make for anyone else and I damn sure would not want a buracrate in Washington making it for me.

The Baby turned out fine but it could have easily went the other way.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Now, I deeply regret that decision no matter the hardship it may have caused me in the short run.

Sounds to me your regret is not keeping and raising the baby yourself. Is that correct?

Was putting the child up for adoption ever an option?
If so...........How would you feel now knowing your child was alive but NOT knowing where he is or what has happened to him? Do you think you would regret that decision?

And thank you for your understanding

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

We chose to keep the baby but it is not a choice I would EVER wont to make for anyone else and I damn sure would not want a buracrate in Washington making it for me.

The Baby turned out fine but it could have easily went the other way.

Thank Goodness for that! I think we agree on abortion not being a solution, but more a "choice" that women should have a right to make.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Venus, you are welcome.

Her and I never got to the adoption option. this was more or less an ultimatum on her part and I just tagged along sheepishly.

Yes, it would nag me to know the whereabouts of a child of mine.... I have a friend who is adopted and sought out and found his birth mother- a rigorous journey for him it was!!
Yet, I would not feel the guilt of death that haunted me for years you see. I just look at this as not denying an adult a choice who should and does have the knowledege to make good decisions with sex. I look at this issue as a crime against a defenesless victim.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"My ex told me she was going to hell - I felt I was too."

I don't think you are going to hell. If that were true, then most of us would be if not all.

People change in the choices they make, and unfortunately sometimes the choices are horrible that cause us to re-evaluate our whole operating system.

For me, it was the birth of my son.

There is never a simple answer, or a uniform one, but I still can not allow this to continue, but it is not up to only me.

I am still for adoption, but the real crime is the pregnancy rate, especially with younger and younger girls.

This whole situation saddens me to the core.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I read the first post and thats all,but it think it says something about abortion rights and gay rights. Whats wrong with that?. Why would you vote for someone against these things. Im sure crazy jughead has some hillbilly thoughts on the matter.
You say that the president doesnt matter on these issues,but then you say the president picks the judges that make these decisions. Dont try to trick people unless your capable.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
I read the first post and thats all,but it think it says something about abortion rights and gay rights. Whats wrong with that?. Why would you vote for someone against these things. Im sure crazy jughead has some hillbilly thoughts on the matter.
You say that the president doesnt matter on these issues,but then you say the president picks the judges that make these decisions. Dont try to trick people unless your capable.

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about?

That was the most poorly assembled gaggle of ideas I've seen since.....

Well your last post I guess.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i just got back from happy hour...hours?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley

Well you proved yourself pretty incompetent. I like to hear others opinion and ideas. That is where good ideas come from is the assemblence of many opinions being debated.

This post has changed my viewpoint in a lot of manners. I personally never met anyone who had an abortion so I like to hear what they have to say. This is a discussion board after all.

What you said is like saying hmm I read the first page of Treasure Island and man that was a good book. Don't judge before you know the facts. Dumb&$$

Hey why dont you try the color blind test I posted on below top secret? Heres the post www.belowtopsecret.com...

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well another reply from me. I am not much in this debate cuz I am currently in about a 10 hour time zone delay, but I get a chance to read it everyday.

As I said before I am from strict religious area in the bible belt. Now I am probably going to piss some people off by saying this but ohhh well. I gotta bring religion into this.

I asked before what makes things wrong in the first place? Something being illegal make it wrong or do we just know when something is wrong to do?

If you read a few of the posts you notice that one person says they had an abortion because they were addicted to drugs. Another guy said he and his girl had one after he got out of the service.

Now some of the biggest issues churches and others push is abstinece and stay drug free. WHY? Why not have wild sex when your a teenager and use lots of drugs and do everything immoral you can think of? Because of consequences such as these. Things can be fun at the time but look at the end price.

I belive if the mothers life is in danger or if there is genuinly something wrong with the child the family should have a choice and I am sure any anti abortion law would have a clause for this included. As for aborting a child because you are in poverty? No excuse. Most cases contraception is free to low income familys as well medical care. Contraception fails. Put it up for an adoption.

Also I read this in someones post.
Quote(Should they have the kid because they can't get rid of the mass of cells no bigger than a penny?) Heres an explanation how partial birth abortion is formed. Not for the easily troubled or weak stomached. Mass of cells My A$$ KEep in mind these are performed up to the 6th month of pregnancy.

In a partial-birth abortion, the abortionist pulls a living baby feet-first out of the womb and into the birth canal (vagina), except for the head, which the abortionist purposely keeps lodged just inside the cervix (the opening to the womb). The abortionist punctures the base of the babys skull with a surgical instrument, such as a long surgical scissors or a pointed hollow metal tube called a trochar. He then inserts a catheter (tube) into the wound, and removes the baby's brain with a powerful suction machine. This causes the skull to collapse, after which the abortionist completes the delivery of the now-dead baby. (See www.house.gov...)

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Partial birth abortions have been banned:

Under President Bush and the current Congress, we had the signing of the partial-birth abortion ban into law Nov. 5 This bill represents the first direct national restriction on any method of abortion since the Supreme Court legalized abortion on demand in 1973. In August 2002, President Bush also signed the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act guaranteeing that every infant born alive enjoys full legal rights under federal law regardless of stage of development or whether the live birth occurred during abortion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join