It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese military talks open with Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So, what , China and Australia have a bit of a game of beach cricket and the U.S. wants to take the cricket bat and go home? Crikey!

I think it's more about maintaining a peace, rather than beating a war drum.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It seems that concept is too hard to for some to understand, particularly for Americans who for some reason sees China as some giant evil country.

ever heard the saying "you hate others who reflect what you hate about yourself" or close to it, or even "put yourself in others shoes"?

as in, only the powerful know the mind of the powerful, those who rely on the powerful or want to gain equal status as the powerful, will be easy to deceive in their naivety.

those who do not know domination and deceit, cannot see it coming

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Problem is,

siding with America used to be the right choice. Freedom, Democracy, justified world superpower.. you side with America because America is right and just...

I think there's a lot of people out there hoping change of leadership will bring back that aspect...

So, some see siding with China as a bad move, becuase you could agit8 the America of old, and on a basic stand point, side with the enemy.

But so many talk of Obama being nothing but Mccains side kick, or Bush 2.0.. dems and repubs all under the same umbrella... so whos to believe whats coming up.

on the other hand, China arent the most morally inspired ledaers..

Tibet, Taiwann, there human rights abuses..

signing with them is pretty much accepting human rights abuses, so long as the money rolls in ( remember we are on a boom, ONLY because China is buying up our mining results )

The big question is,

If China V America, who would we sign with?

America?.. and keep our western ties?
Or china, and not piss off the big dog in our backyard...

America is fast losing its ability to defend against other superpowers...

Its going to leave Australia in a very difficult decision.

..considering our leader speaks fluent mandarin, and actually appears realistic in todays economic/political issues...

Id say its time to kiss Americas world superpower status.. goodbye!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Again, why must we take sides? It seems a lot of people need to get past this issue first.

No one is drawing a line in the sand and saying choose wisely.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
I never said its a bad thing to have good relations with any country.And when a country hacks into your military computers.MEANS THEY ARE UP TO NO GOOD.

I know, it is terrible! I mean, it is not like the Americans ever engage in any espionage, is it?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, I think we are.

I mean, America's fast losing 'friends'
and its needing some nations to take a blow atm, so they can weather the economic storm coming.

Nations jumping ship and heading China's way, is like the friend that only comes around to use your bike.

When that bikes gone, so is he.

Unfortunatley, when nations chose differently for trade and military ties, its effectivley ' drawing lines in the sand '

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I find that hard to believe when Australia has just agreed to let USA build another spy/satellite base here.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

could you provide a linkl on that?
im not denying it ,but im more referring to governments, and recent day happenings.

Howard was Bush's lapdog... the only reason Australia joined in the IRAQ war, was so howard could have a kodak moment on the whitehouse lawn with Bush,

And im certain any spy base being built here would of been under Howards authority, prior to America losing its ground.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Bah. I'd be in favor of being closer to China IF China stopped being so damned paranoid about everything.

Last year there was an uproar from Beijing about our leaders meeting with an old guy wearing robes and a shaved head - the 'evil' Dalai clique!

No one is even going to be allowed to take their own flags and assorted stuff to cheer at the Olympics.

If China didn't provide western governments and business interests with so much wealth, everyone would crying bloody murder because China is communist (or more or less state capitalist). But it seems everyone is tolerating it.

Western tech companies in China bend over for their propaganda goons - and people get locked up for an opinion.

A recent example is Eutelsat switching off a transponder on one of it's satellites over Asia that carries NTDTV - and independent news station ran out of New York. The company claimed it was because the satellite had 'power generation problems,' but in actual fact the Chinese government gave them US$1b to shut the channel down.

The US and China drink from both sides of the cup, though...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Link

Alienstar actually posted this on the first page of this thread.

Coincidently Condeleezza Rice is visiting WA shortly too.

And yes, it has/had a lot to do with Howard.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There is no USA vs China Australia is a natural conduit for exchange of info between the USA and China without publicly revealing that both are working with the other, if the military exchange issues between the US and China were seen the whole gig would be up...

Chian and America both pass info to Australia where it convieniently makes it over to the other side... if anyone becomes aware of it, it's niether China nor Americas fault.

Too many people in both America and China lack the trust involved and needed in this very complicated arangement, when Clinton passed military info to China the scandal of it reverberated forever...

Australias nuteral in all of this, it's independence surely aranged for between the US and Chinas secret "arangements"... They recieve US and Chinese hardware... Chinese get to come over and give it the once over and vice versa...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
*sigh*

anyone with half a brain and know how to use google would work out these military meetings between China and Australia have been going on for years.

If china attacked America, Australia are under an Obligation to defend the US, not that china would be too worried about our military but Australia could cause alot of pain if we stopped exporting resources, we would also allow US to use naval ports and landing zones and allow Australia to be used as a staging area.

War isnt in chinas best intrest, they gain their power through subtle diplomacy.

also if i recall correctly the US have also hacked our computers (was 4-5 years ago now) which was really weird cause if they woulda asked us we prolly woulda told them what they wanted to know anyway .. sheesh Americans !

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Not any one country can defend itself against China. It will even crush the world's combined military forces. Being allies with China is the smartest thing to do, 99% of the worlds consumables are created there.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yeah it' a razor edged fence that we are trying to straddle at the moment.

I remember very clearly when they built the new Chinese embassy here in Canberra many years ago there was a massive incident where the US were caught bugging the embassy and it was enabled by the Australian agencies. Not only was it embaressing for Australia but we were then shafted by the US as they weren't sharing all the intell they got. It was really quite humorous

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
John Howard saw the writing on the wall years ago. That writing being that China had finally begun to make a stand on its own as a superpower to be reckoned with. He began the process of establishing relations with China through talks and agreements, most of which the public never heard about until much later.

Kevin Rudd comes along and takes his place, voted in through what I see as a 'lesser of two evils' vote. He has previous experience working with the Chinese and speaks fluent Mandarin. Since his taking the Prime Ministerialship the only thing that has changed is that our close ties to the new emerging superpower are coming to light, being advertised and no longer being kept swept under the covers.

Now of course this makes some Americans edgy. They are very protective of their status as world superpower and don't want to admit that their sole status at this rank is about to be shared. But from an Australian perspective I see it as a logical step forward, to establish close ties with a fledgling superpower that can only grow deeper as the country grows stronger. If these ties include those that are military-related then so be it. We know what we are doing, we have some of the best trained special forces soldiers in the world. We aren't stupid enough to give away secrets to the Chinese that would compromise our own, or others security.

To those who are making this a moral issue, that by siding with China we are siding with human-rights abuses I have two points to make. The first is that by tightening our friendship with China we are NOT taking sides. We are simply taking advantage of an explosion of potential that has been simmering for far too long. Secondly, we acknowledge the fact that the Chinese aren't perfect, but then again neither are the American's. 'Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone'.

Kryties.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
THIS MAGGOT RUDD IS SELLING OZ OUT HE IS A NEW WORLD ORDER BITCH HE HAS NO BALLS BUT HIS WIFE DOSE

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jtown

Uh... Australia's been selling out for some time now.

All the minerals and ore that China wants.

Uranium to Russia.

Besides, China is closer to Australia than yankee doodle and the Queen, maybe it'd be good to get along with them.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Im not too keen on having the Yanks here at all even thou they've been allowed to have their secret installations heres for years.

But to have any closer links with China militarily , I would have to say over my dead body!

I understand economic ties and the like but we have nothing to gain with a military partnership with the Chinese.

They have been using their spies to try and get Australian military technology for years now, especially trying to get their hands on the Metal Storm technology.

I dont trust them, the majority of the Australian public doesnt trust them, Australia should have kept developing the "bomb" and stayed nuetral with everyone.

I dont beleive any Australian leader in the last 2 decades has done anything for the benefit of Australia, all seem to be persuing personal agendas and those told to them to pursue.

gets me mad seeing australia being prostituted this way.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Im not too keen on having the Yanks here at all even thou they've been allowed to have their secret installations heres for years.

But to have any closer links with China militarily , I would have to say over my dead body!

I sometimes think about this as we build closer ties to China, especially militarily. What if they wanted a base on Australian soil and Rud agrees because they agree to invest another $50 billion into our economy (after Chinese government cleared Australia for approx $50 billion of foreign investment).?

Would make Australia an interesting place then with US and Chinese interests.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xion329alpha

LOL we talking about the same China with the soldiers that havent seen war in over 30 years and since the earthquake they are finding themselves to have the same syndrome as the gulf war vets...without seeing war???LOL ok not one nation can defend from China...Give me a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join