It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese military talks open with Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Chinese military talks open with Australia

www.shanghaidaily.com

MILITARY leaders from China and Australia met in Beijing yesterday to exchange views on international and regional security issues at the 11th Strategic Defense Consultation.
China appreciated the Australian side's emphasis on China-Australia military relations, and would like to work with the Australian side to enhance dialogue at a strategic level and carry out exchanges to deepen concrete cooperation and develop military ties, Chen said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I did not see this reported in the Australian media at all today, had to find this in a Chinese paper. I wonder if this is a calculated direction of Australia moving away from the US and closer to China militarily?

www.shanghaidaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Australia is one of our closest allies.I don't understand this behavior other then they think might be getting something out of the deal.Hmm maybe they want access to America's technology?And they think this might be a way to do so?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well yea, this is the first that I have herd of it. There seems to be nothing on smh.com.au from what I can see.

This is pretty darn interesting. Personaly I think its good that we go and make friends with China, considering that they are the biggest nation near us. In a way we should have been able to see it coming since Rudd said that he wanted the whole Asian-Union thing.
Personaly I hope we move away from the US and have more to do with China in the future. But thats just me

-fm

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well from this report back in 2006 maybe its Au who sent China the invitation.

CHINA has been urged to be more open about its military modernisation program by an influential all-parties Senate committee, days before a historic visit by its Premier, Wen Jiabao.

The Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade References Committee's report, China's Emergence: implications for Australia, notes "the scope and intent of China's ongoing military modernisation was a major issue".

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Yeah if you like China as allies....LOL be my guest to have your country go for it.Remember they are/were communist.
I can see them locking your country up,taking away your rights,and grabbing hold out all your countries land to be enslaved by their government.Sounds like a masterplan by China to me.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Isn't there supposed to be a massive secret American military base in Australia?
Right here meuh www.theage.com.au...
and here meuh www.smh.com.au...

Well well this is odd isn't it. Perhaps all is not as it seems... but then it never is is it.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by foremanator]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As a matter of fact..they just built this super secret communications military base there.Even rumored we are going to sell them the f22.

From article Details of the deal emerged on the same day as the US finally told Australia it would not allow even its key allies, including Australia, to buy its best fighter aircraft, the F-22 Raptor.

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Austrailia is getting the F-35, and china wants a good close look would be my bet on what this is all about.

I wouldn't trust China at all not for a second. But... I bet the aussies already know this!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Yeah your right about trusting China....and with this huge military buildup over the last 10 years with huge budget increases and hiding underground base subs.Who knows what the motives are.
But as stated above some people want Au to move away from the states and get close with China.LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
that's odd maybe china's gonna try to use Australia to get something from the US. or maybe catch australia and create WWlll.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You know Titor said Austrial repulsed the chinease invasion. But at a high cost.
When you look at a nation that is openly communist populated by 900 million men and 100 million women all crammed into such a tiny space...Well it becomes the kind of thing you don't need to be a time traveler to predict.

It sounds like China is very deep into its first stages, Know Thy Enemy keep them closer than your friends. They do not want to work with the aussies, they want to know what they got and if they can supply them with made in China chips.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I read some stuff on this John Titor years ago years ago...but i do know since China has been trying to hack everyones government and military esp the US...that they are up to no good.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't see why Australia has to pick sides, For as long as i can remember we have been in the USA's shadow. There was a time when they said jump, Australia would, without question.

Times are changing, we're pulling troops out of Iraq, Hopefully will be doing the same in Afghanistan. It would seem our focus is to concentrate more on the Asia-Pacific region. And why not? it is where we are, just about all of our major trading countries are in the same region.

So what if China is communist? They're still giving us billions of dollars for our raw materials, which keeps the economy afloat. Why do you think the Aus$ is almost equal to the US$?

The way I see it, Australia wants friendly relationships with both USA and China.
It seems that concept is too hard to for some to understand, particularly for Americans who for some reason sees China as some giant evil country.

Just my 2 cents Which is 1.94c in US

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You know I have thought about this some more. And here is what I have come up with.
If we are indeed heading toward a conflict with china, there really wouldn't be any chance of our Australian brothers holding them off (no offence intended) its just that the Chinese are developing massive amphibious capabilities, And well Australia has quite a big shoreline
, therefore don't you think it would be a massive waste of resources trying to defend an indefensible Country.

I would think the smart thing to do, would be to have a well entrenched intelligence gathering system in place before they arrive.
Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It appears as though the Americans are the only ones concerned about this.

As far as I know we have always had quite a good relationship with the Chinese government as well as the US government.

Anyway, China are not currently a threat to anyone, its all hype....is the US goverment threatened by the fact that China is becoming more economically stable, or is this another communist/democracy thing?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I never said its a bad thing to have good relations with any country.And when a country hacks into your military computers.MEANS THEY ARE UP TO NO GOOD.But when one says for Au to move away from America and have its slot given by China is just pure insanity.LOL then again i could carless.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Further to the story you posted about the new base being built in Western Australia, guess whos visiting WA!

Condoleezza Rice!

Interesting indeed

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
I never said its a bad thing to have good relations with any country.And when a country hacks into your military computers.MEANS THEY ARE UP TO NO GOOD.But when one says for Au to move away from America and have its slot given by China is just pure insanity.LOL then again i could carless.

Now I think you did say it is a bad thing, joking or not.

Originally posted by alienstar
reply to post by funky monk

Yeah if you like China as allies....LOL be my guest to have your country go for it.Remember they are/were communist.
I can see them locking your country up,taking away your rights,and grabbing hold out all your countries land to be enslaved by their government.Sounds like a masterplan by China to me.

And like I said you don't seem to understand that Australia wants good relations with USA AND China. Not replace one with the other.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That one post was for funky monk.I don't think its a bad thing to have relations with either country.But when AU is buying military hardware...you think the US would want sell it if they decide to start also buying Chinese military equipment?Im not stating anyone said this either....i'm just trying to prove a point if this what it might be about in the future.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join