It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survive yourself?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna lmao two survivalist coppers. Who on earth would of thought it?

I'm guessing not the outdoor type cops here..They'd rather sit n watch for traffic stops for an easy night.

Cool boots but keep some of that med kit coz these things are giving me blisters..

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Dude, they didn't raise an eye brow. Not the saw, not the wood saw, not the ....... , nothing!

LOL. I bet it was you really dude! your a copper in inverness! RUMBLED!

but on topic, it just goes to show that there may be more 'survivor' types out there than even we gave credit for. I'm optimistic after last night.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

To be honest,I would expect quite a lot of cops to be 'secret' survivalists..
At least rookies before they get too deeply involved in the ' show me your left nipple' type-masons, brickies ,woodworkers..whatever they are.

Before the boredom,apathy and disillusionment sets in,I'm guessing they'd take interest in a lot of 'alternative' lifestyles they come across in the course of their work.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Survival!?! Such an interesting outlook on death and life.

I have a will to survive. When threatened, that instinct is there to keep me here. I've trained my body and mind for SitX, although, at this time, I do not have the moneys just yet to prepare otherwise, except for some knives and books here and there. Your imagination keeps you 2 steps ahead and aware, while practice keeps you in a condition to utilize what needs to be utilized in a timely manner to stay on this planet. I have the will to survive, but do not think I have the need to.

If SitX was to occur, I am certain many would die. I live in Trinidad, and I can guarantee few would survive here. I, personally don't even know if I want to survive. Much of the world would die, and I don't mind coming along with them. If, for some reason, I have some purpose here that needs to be fulfilled, mabe save lives...then maybe my logic won't overpower my basic instinct.

Mentally, I'm prepared to lose everything. It won't hurt me in anyway. Not that I don't care about what I have, I have come to grips with the fact that nothing lasts forever, and if SitX is as bad as it is suspected to be...nothing will last forever really quickly when that SitX arrives. I would say though, that I do not care about the human species, as I see us as more of a disaster than anything. If we had to leave tis place, I do not know which part of me would make the decision. That basic instinct is strong in me, but...if I see no reason to live...I'm quite comfortable with death. I'd say that decision, for me, is strongly ruled by how the future looks.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Tricky situation from Trinidad.
The mostly likely 'sit-x' being hurricane of course.
The 'good' side of that is procedures will be in place as they are a real occurrence there..
The level of severity is the 'x' in the equation.

Less than 1000m max height for tsunami risk.
No inland water in case of sea pollution.
Various foods and veggies,but at thread from severe weather.

I'm guessing you would have a considerable desalination program for your water needs.

I'd def have a boat dry-docked away from the coast and in a sheltered location..

EDIT.. Hey what a guess

Ionics..
Is it still the biggest in the western Hemisphere?
Old link I think.2000
waterindustry.org...

[edit on 24-7-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think it could depend on the people around also. For example, my husband and I seem to "fit" each other, as in I am good at things he is not and vice versa.

I am "quicker" on my feet in an emergency, but he is really awesome at "figuring" things out. Teamwork ya know?

For example, our son almost drowned when he was 2, I was in and had him out of the water on shore before my husband could take one step, and he was closer by a good 20ft.

On the other side of that, when it came to building a shelter for us when we ended up out hiking in bad weather, he is the one who "figured" out the best way to do this and kept us dry, warm and safe.

We have two children and are also trying to teach them a bit by making "survival" fun while camping. For example, our 10 and 14 year old make a game out of "who can get a fire going the fastest/safest without matches or lighter", as well as, we need vege's for our supper, can we eat this plant? If they get it right, we ate a good dinner, if we get it wrong, "oh man" I will say, "we are all sick". (without really eating what would make us sick, just teaching what they can and can't eat) We make it a game. We also have emergency "survival kits" for everyone and teach our kids how to use the items in that kit, and practice.

I can guarantee that our children have a higher chance of survival because of our small ways of teaching them.

I get the idea of "wanting to live" being a strong indicator of living or not. But I also understand that if you have prepared, your chances of survival increase, especially (I think) if you have a family. One person can survive on their own in certain situations better than if they have children they are protecting. Preparation equals higher chances of survival, and I think that in the stages of getting prepared, making sure you have what you might need, then you are setting yourself up mentally to be prepared. Does that make since?

Anyway, that's my .2

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What happens in the situation where your home or survival area is over run by gun wielding maniacs, do you fight back or watch them molest your family members, is it better to fight and surely die or let them carry on with what they are doing,

This is a probably situation whether you're in a city or the woods, wasn't there a large number of rapes in the katrina thing, I mean are you guys up on your martial arts as well as your survivalism

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Also what of the other situationX?? Let's say some virus sent from a spitefulgod makes all men and/or women sterile, the infrastructure survives, everyone is not dead, but you know the human race is f***ed how would this affect people??

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
how would this affect people??

Well for a start we'd save a fortune in birth control

This is actually happening.Men are becoming less fertile.Whether it's down to a less active lifestyle,GM crops,pesticides,chemtrails..who knows.

The Earth NEEDS a breather.People should cut back on overpopulating it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join