It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survive yourself?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Mental most definately.

I have seen fine physical specimens fade away in hours and I have seen some fragile and frail people who you wouldnt expect to see the night out have a 'new lease of life' and go on to a full recovery and healthy life.

The Mind is a powerful thing and very misunderstood and unknown force.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

You know, there is one place on earth that i would love to visit and explore and that is Antarctica.

Well, actually two, the other is the Skeleton Coast in Namibia.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

No, Skeleton coast will kill you. The 'Land God made in anger' is called that for a reason.

You know it gets less than 10 MM of rain a YEAR? if theres one place on earth where even good men die, its there. I want a US air carrier battle group off shore with hellies in and out and a camel for my water carrying.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nice to hear you descirbe it that way Dan I Know I've had that feeling before, its not always there but in the some bad situations thats the kind of feeling I've had.

Hopefully in a sitX that feeling would come again.

You have a way with words!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
reply to post by Wotan

No, Skeleton coast will kill you. The 'Land God made in anger' is called that for a reason.

You know it gets less than 10 MM of rain a YEAR? if theres one place on earth where even good men die, its there. I want a US air carrier battle group off shore with hellies in and out and a camel for my water carrying.

Hehe, I wasnt intending to do it alone

I was going to drag Lofty Wiseman and Ray Mears along as well, haha

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred3110where do you think that will to live comes from? Could it be mental/physical or is it different for each person?

Personally?
Curiosity.What would happen IF...

I was fairly odd as a teen and the curiosity to see 'the next world' was almost overwhelming.making me consider very crazy things.
Fortunately curiosity for THIS world..one I hadn't even seen,took over.

Over 40 countries and I STILL don't think I've seen Jack..u kno who.

Near death experiences have also spurred on a different desire to take life to the limit..

After lying in a road with all my lovely red stuff running down a gutter after a M-bike crash I never realised how many stars were out there too..and I'd never seen what they were like from the other side of the world.

I still took the time to laugh at the other hospital 'visitors'.. maybe that was the morphine though..wowza..good stuff..

I NEVER for a moment considered 'quitting'..
I just asked if I still had my incredible good looks left.. or were they attached to the gravel road in Greece.

For some it has to be thoughts of family too..or responsibilities to someone else.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'll drag 'survivor man' along too! dammit dude, if theres one place on earth thats a 99% death rate, its there.

I have never, ever researched or read about an area that sounds so lush turn out to be so damn deadly.

How do the natives do it? they drink fish eyes. uhh huh, fish eyes and turtle blood. Kid you not.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

Thanks Fred, but some times the words are a bit stinging and flow too freely and get me into a whole world of bother! lol.

But at heart I am a survivor. Lifes taught me that.

'Know when to walk away, and know when to run' as the song goes.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Thanks Fred, but some times the words are a bit stinging and flow too freely and get me into a whole world of bother! lol.

lol that reminds me of something my mams always said to me...sometimes the truth hurts so dont sugar coat it just tell it how its.

Great advice even though sometimes it does get you into a world of bother!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Whats the point? Unless your evolving spiritually somehow, then you need to lay down and die. Six billion people on this planet, humanity has become a plague on this earth, most of us here in the US have become bottom feeders. Its time to understand that this form of society, of mindless consuming zombies, will come to an end soon.
www.youtube.com...
Sorry but after this video i lost all hope for the zombie masses, Like a darkness filling my heart I hope for the death of many of the trash of humanity.

Georgia Guidestones are a good representation of what is to come, I can only hope that humanity one day reaches the age of reason. order out of chaos

[edit on 20-7-2008 by LeeHawt]

[edit on 20-7-2008 by LeeHawt]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeHawt
Whats the point?

If you seriously have to ask that question you should not be in the survival forums.

most of us here in the US have become bottom feeders.

You are wrong Most of the people are good honest hard working people, but the old expression goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Most of the good people are being quite because to many people ask them whats the point. they get sick of hearing it so they stay quite and out of the way.

Like a darkness filling my heart I hope for the death of many of the trash of humanity.

Seriously why are you in the survival forums. In the survival forums we hold life dear not the death of what you consider zombie masses. So are you the type who thinks you are above those same masses. That you among all the billions deserve to live and the rest deserve to die?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican

Originally posted by LeeHawt
Whats the point?

If you seriously have to ask that question you should not be in the survival forums.

most of us here in the US have become bottom feeders.

You are wrong Most of the people are good honest hard working people, but the old expression goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Most of the good people are being quite because to many people ask them whats the point. they get sick of hearing it so they stay quite and out of the way.

Like a darkness filling my heart I hope for the death of many of the trash of humanity.

Seriously why are you in the survival forums. In the survival forums we hold life dear not the death of what you consider zombie masses. So are you the type who thinks you are above those same masses. That you among all the billions deserve to live and the rest deserve to die?

This post was on the main page, that is where i stumbled upon it not in the survival forums. Anyways what are you trying to survive from? the income economic collapse of the US financial system, that only marks an end to the the united states as we know it. Some frantic people will die, but this is not my concern, what is to come for the chaos is the North American Union. There will be order, I sincerely believe unfortunately the fascist government will no allow people to live out side of the grid.

I am in Texas at the moment, near Houston i live in the woodlands an upper middle class suburban village ,that will incorporate to become a city in 2011. There are so many cameras popping up all around us at all the intersections, many do not take note. I see what is going on and understand that the woodlands and many other places are test beds for the surveillance grids.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

Ah that explains it. hay guys we made the front page. Sorry thought you came looking My bad.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If one truly has the will to survive, I think the only tools you really need are your mind and your two hands. A good knife would help as well. Do I have truly have the will to survive? I don't know, I've never found myself in a life or death situation. Whenever we have a tornado warning around here, or even a watch, many of my friends try to go storm chasing while I find the nearest shelter. I think that has more to do with how they and I perceive the seriousness of such a situation.

I've never been in a real fight. I've been close, but when fight or flight has kicked in, I've always flown like the wind. I'd rather be called a wussy than be called a statistic. I can't even say I know how I'd react in a kill or be killed situation. I don't want to die, but I don't want to kill another human being either. In any case, unless a person has all ready experienced a life or death situation and is here to talk about it, no one really knows how strong their will to survive is until that day comes.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would think anyone preparing for survival situations is already showing their desire to live, and is already addressing the coming hardships in their mind beforehand through the simple act of getting prepared. Being prepared is going to take 90% of the stress out of the situation mentally when the S does hit the Fan, having the confidence and knowledge that you are prepared. Somebody with a few months of food and water stored up is going to be able to deal with the situation a LOT better than somebody caught unawares.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

Okay, I know you didnt realise that this is the survival forum, so I'll forgive you for your somewhat negative attitude.

First of all, this is an international forum, its not all about the US, we have members here from all over the world.

Secondly, we cover ALL types of situation x's on this forum, not just end of the world as we know it styles, be it a; Tornado, Flood, Hurricane, Food/Fuel Shortage, Financial Crisis, Vehicle Breakdown and upwards to full blown WW3.

Go to:- www.abovetopsecret.com... for a full listing of Situation X's.

I thought I had better give you a 'heads-up'.

[edit on 21/7/08 by Wotan]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

Well, guess you better pootle on off and become a statistic then hadn't you?

Why is it that Americans seem more and more to think that ATS and the world ends at their b##### borders? Theres a whole world outside fella! and its full of people who want to survive against the odds.

Spend some time in the survival forum and you will get some good honest advice about alot of subjects.

Daniel.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Survival is easy. Just watch one of those survival reality TV shows and do absolutely NOTHING they do. Do everything that you know would make the show intensly boring!

On the bright side all those folks that you want to punch from these shows will never survive. Ahh what a pleasant world that will be.....

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Survival is easy. Just watch one of those survival reality TV shows and do absolutely NOTHING they do. Do everything that you know would make the show intensly boring!

On the bright side all those folks that you want to punch from these shows will never survive. Ahh what a pleasant world that will be.....

Why bother demeaning yourself with such stupidity? Just leave the forum alone if you don't like the topic.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by doomsauce

Sounds like you have a very well developed survival instinct. If there's danger ahead go in another direction, makes absolute perfect sense to me.

One thing that came to mind reading the OP though was that in a possible SitX survival above all else might not be my prefered choice. What's the point in surviving if it will have me ending up alone?

I picture myself all alone in a forest somewhere, cooking a rabbit feeling kind of depressed about the fact that noone else is there. It's probably just me, but I wouldn't want to be the only one left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join