It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Missiles Decoded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't get the point of this one.Israel knows know to avoid or defeat the missile i suppose once they launch a attack on the reactors?

Iranian Missiles Decoded

July 16, 2008: Iran now has something else to worry about. Recent Israeli Air Force exercises near Greece, using over a hundred aircraft, apparently also involved Greek S-300 surface-to-air missile systems. Roughly equivalent to the U.S. Patriot, the Russian built S-300 was known as the SA-10 to NATO, when the system first appeared in the early 1980s. S-300 missiles weigh 1.8 tons each and are 26 feet long and about 20 inches in diameter. The missiles have a range of some 200 kilometers and can hit targets as high as 100,000 feet. The missile has a 320 pound warhead.

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The Greeks have the S-300PMU-1 not the S-300PMU-2 which is more advanced, as long as a nation doesn't have "overlapping" air-defence (SAM's) there will always be gaps to go threw, but if Iran had S-300PMU-2 that "over-lap" all of it's air Isreal wont have a chance.

1. www.enemyforces.com...

2. www.globalsecurity.org...

3. In 1997, the Russians unveiled yet another variant of the system, this time called S-300PMU-2 (SA-10E Favorit). Its larger missiles (9M96E and 9M96E2), longer range (200 kilometers), and better guidance system make the S-300PMU-2 a thorough modification of its predecessor. The system can engage targets between 10 meters and 27 kilometers above the ground.(7) The Russians claim that, during a series of tests in the mid-1990s, the S-300PMU-2 shot down a target ballistic missile traveling at 1,600 meters per second, and that the system can destroy targets traveling at 4,800 meters per second.(8) The Russians add that the system has a kill ratio between 0.8 and 0.98 against Tomahawk-class cruise missiles and from 0.8 to 0.93 against aircraft.(9)

www.missilethreat.com...

4. www.fas.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
I don't get the point of this one.Israel knows know to avoid or defeat the missile i suppose once they launch a attack on the reactors?

Iranian Missiles Decoded

July 16, 2008: Iran now has something else to worry about. Recent Israeli Air Force exercises near Greece, using over a hundred aircraft, apparently also involved Greek S-300 surface-to-air missile systems. Roughly equivalent to the U.S. Patriot, the Russian built S-300 was known as the SA-10 to NATO, when the system first appeared in the early 1980s. S-300 missiles weigh 1.8 tons each and are 26 feet long and about 20 inches in diameter. The missiles have a range of some 200 kilometers and can hit targets as high as 100,000 feet. The missile has a 320 pound warhead.

www.strategypage.com...

The system was turned off -

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Supposedly the Syrians have a very similar system. They didn't even get off a shot when Israel bombed them a while back.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar

Iranian Missiles Decoded

www.strategypage.com...

The point is to demonstrate to Iran the capability and willingness to attack even if Iran were to upgrade it's SAM force to include S-300s. It's a PSYOP.

-DA

new topics

top topics

join