It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Crazy?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First time poster, long time lurker.

I was walking home tonight from a friends house, and decided to look up at the sky. I saw a white orb flying at a high altitute, but decided it had to be either a sattellite or an aeroplane, so i get to my drive way and i give it another glance, (as this forum has got me increasinly paranoid about this kind of stuff, no offence) and i see something out of the corner of my eye. I saw two, brownish coloured orbs, they looked like they were at very high altitude. What really caught my attention was the way that they were flying, they looked like they were 'buzzing' around each other, in a kind of playful motion. I admit i got a little freaked out, and then i went into my house.

This is where the title comes in.

I tell one of my parents i think that i have seen something in the sky. (Im 16 so yeah i live with my parents).

Their reaction was just as i expected. They mocked me. Called me crazy. My dad even came into the room asking if i ad been smoking anything.

So im now thinking to myself.

Am i crazy? Has looking at all this information from internet sites and the media really taken its toll on me, thus leading me to imagine seeing things in the sky?

What im really asking is, who else has had the same reaction from telling someone that they have seen something in the sky?

Whether it be friends, family, or collegues.

I understand that not everything un-identified in the sky is a space ship or what not, but ... if i genuinely believe that i have seen something, why am i ridiculed for seeing it?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ..j..

People are strange. When presented with something that doesn't fit into what they know, they often sweep it under the rug, or try to banish it with magic words like "you're crazy". I've seen this happen up close and personal a few times in my life. At least the "you're crazy" response is an acknowledgment of sorts.

When I was your age, me and 5 of my buddies were hanging out, passing the time in the parking lot of an apartment complex. I looked up into the sky and saw a HUGE, flaming fireball with a long smoking trail falling across the sky. I couldn't believe it! I got my friends' attention and pointed at the sky. There it was! Right in front of them. They all "saw" it, but they turned away almost instantly and resumed the ongoing banter as if they had seen nothing. Now that's frustrating.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ..j..

Who cares if people don't believe you...you saw what you saw...unless you have some kind of mental disorder i would never second guess myself.
Remember you can't make people believe you.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You seen what you seen. Why do you need other peoples opinion on what it was you saw? They werent there so they have no idea.
Have some faith in yourself

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
after over a 100 posts I still haven't posted my weird UFO experience I had as a kid on these boards.

So take it from me, you are not crazy.

Its hard to believe in something you haven't seen with your own eyes...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
yeah dude you are definatley not crazy i have had the same thing happen to me i see something and decide to tell my grandparents and they ask me me if im smoking the reefer. just stick to what u saw and see if you can see it again. thats what i do.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
your not crazy, the thing you are seeing is common to see this summer, something is going on wich involves high altitute craft this thread is all about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys.

Maybe its not so much of the fact that i think i am crazy, its just that, i can see even more now tht people believe in what they are told to believe in.
I thought my family would have just a little bit of faith in me, but they looked at me as if i was a 6 year old who exclaimed he had just seen barney the dinosaur in the back garden.

It seems like everything now, that isnt either blown up by the media, is looked upon as stupid, an if this is the case, this is a time which i cant see myself liking.

top topics

join