It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist develop painless needle that mimics mosquito bite!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
what hapened to the ` needleless injector ` ???

from memory it was a gun that used hydraulic pressure to propell drugs into the subcutaneous tissue

obviously it would be no good for blood or drohs demanfing IV injection

but when i read about it [ many moons ago ] they claimed it was the future for intramuscular drug delivery

ut have not seen hide nor hair of it since

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
HAha, I don't get that itchy bump from mosquitoe bites.

When I was young my family did a lot of camping/fishing in northern Ontario. Could be I developed immunity to mosquito bites? Anyone else not affected?

But, ya, I don't feel them when they bite me either. So, really the only thing I hate about mosquitoes is that they always buzz around your face when you're trying to sleep.

I should rig up some kind of tube that funnels my breath away while I'm sleeping. Then the mosquitoes will buzz around the end of the tube. Voila, a good night's sleep.

My husband never gets bit, I always get bit. I remember reading somewhere people with sweeter blood get bit more than those who's is not. So I pricked my finger to see if my blood was sweet, ... yep.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I guess that means I have sweet blood. But that is still scary. I don't want people stealing my blood unbeknown to me. Imagine that. Or some crazy avengeful person with AID virus could try to inject me while I'm sleeping. That is very scary. Such a thing would come with so many problems!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I love how I read the first few posts and I thought this was awesome because one of the saddest things for me is when my babies have to get shots and they don't even know it's coming. And then as I get to the end I'm like "Oh crap".

And about mosquitoes, I have noticed alot more so far this year, and also it seemed that the bites my son got one night were massive. I was so worried I called the doctor at night.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicka

Makes me sad too, when I think of newborns being poked with needles and IVs at such a young age. I feel that because of the size of their bodies, those needles are like being stabbed with a hole puncher the size of a pencil eraser to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Great! Now You have ABSOLUTELY no reason to refuse the Mandatory vaccines that Codex Alimentarius is trying to mandate for us all!

I can't wait until Police start using it to take our blood at checkpoints - now we can't complain. Perfect! Religious exceptions wont exist by then (next year).

Remember this year they tried to make vaccines mandatory in New York? Good, because those of us who have been vaccinated will no longer have to fear infection from those of you who haven't!

Does that make sense? OMG it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

I'm more worried about non-medical personal getting their hands on these needles. But of course, hey they can probably vaccinate people without them being aware of it. Well have no clue how we got things in our system. I hope they can use these needles to suck out blood clots and nerve plaque.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle6677
If you think about it though, people can start injecting you with things and you wouldnt even know it

That's what "scares" me. People could inject while you're sleeping. As long as it doesn't get into the wrong hands (there are a LOT of wrong hands), we should be safe.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Do we really need smaller needles? Sounds like anther way to charge the insurance company more. I will take the big needle with the big needle placebo benefits. I am so easily suggestible you can inject me with anything and I will be cured.

If I want a little prick I will go see my boss.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Mosquito bites DO hurt though.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I'm 100% sure such a needle was already developed years ago. If I had to pick a year I'd say 2003. I've been wondering ever since why I havn't seen it being widely used. Hopefully this one will actually pan out.

*edit*
I was close! It was 2002 when this idea made the headlines:
www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 22-7-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Interesting. They make everyone completely forget about it, and later on they bring it up again, years later. You know what? Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Perhaps the government decided to patent this thing and use it for their own purposes. This probably how they introduce new viruses into the population. They have their good old government agents inject sleeping passengers on the Subway, or something like that. lol

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Pocky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join