It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing/Murdered Women, Murdered Pregnant Women and the Conspiracy of U.S. Citizens That Allows It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

There's a lot of sick women out there too, missy! In all truthfulness, humanity has been brought up to think that this is a man's world and that women are inferior to men. Mere playthings or toys to do with as you please, if you will.

People suck in general. Period. People are stupid, arrogant, self-serving, sadistic, cruel, and just plain evil. You do raise a good point though. Why does it always seem to be the more brutish of the species that perpetrate these atrocious acts? There are, undoubtedly, many, many reasons; however, change has to start from within. Why did you use words like weaker, powerless, etc. to describe yourself and others? Why do you seem to have victim mindset? I am in no way blaming "you", but if people in general found the courage and fortitude that they have within themselves then there would a lot less of this going on. Weakness is strength. Powerlessness is power. It all somes from the same place.

"Who he controls others may be powerful, but he has mastered himself is mightier still." ~ Lao Tzu

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is really annoying; I just typed in about 3500 chars and when I hit POST it all disappeared.
Well, I'll try to remember most of it....

Makes you wonder where these men (and some women) get the idea that violence is acceptable, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
Money. Divorce costs the man too much, killing the woman is much cheaper. Same with pregnant women, child support costs money, but a dead mother doesn't cost the man much at all.

As soon as you take money out of the equation the number of murders drop significantly.

I am inclined to agree with ThePiemaker here. I do feel sorry for men who get divorced. Women have to deal with the emotional costs of divorce while men can move on more quickly in that respect. But most often men end up with the brunt of the financial costs, and that just seems to drag on and on. I'm sure to those men who are less stable, looking at a future of years of money given to the person you now hate most in the world can sure look like a prison sentence.

In general, I agree with LateApexer that this phenomenon of disappearing women is disturbing. I can't go a day without seeing how some woman disappeared on the news. Usually she's found, dead. Sometimes she's never found at all.

My question is what happened to men being our protectors? We used to be able to count on them to help us out of a dire situation, but today, as LA already stated we are all taught to yell 'fire' instead of 'rape' because no one is going to help a woman being raped. When did men stop standing up to defend a lady in distress? Does Women's Lib have anything to do with this? We can hold our own doors and bring home our own pay so we don't need any help defending from attackers? Bad things are happening because good people are doing nothing to stop it.

People may not like to hear it, but women are still the one of the most vulnerable segments in society. Women can't defend against a male attacker the way men can, and no amount of bra burning will ever change that. Different doesn't mean unequal. It's not a crime to ask for help. But now when women ask, no one is listening. Perhaps women shouldn't have burned all those bridges, pretending not to need anyone.

I am a woman, btw. So flame on!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The statistics are staggering regarding those who are reported missing, but does anybody have the statistics of those that are later found? I've tried to research this information and haven't been able to come up with a number. Does anybody know?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
If you think it's bad here in America, try being a woman in a refugee camp in Africa or the Middle East. Many are forced into the sex worker trade simply to get enough for their children to eat, and AIDS is rampant among them. They are beaten, killed, tortured, abused -- and the numbers are staggering. Many suffere through cultural practices like genital mutilation:
www.afrol.com...

You are focusing on stories here in the US, worried about the impact on your life. It's easy to look around and count every single story... but if you read up on women's violence issues in other countries you'll see that you're relatively safe.

There are resources out there for advocacy and Doing Something About The Situation. It's wrong for us to hide in our houses, carry guns, own big aggressive dogs when we could instead step out and join together with other women and do something about it for everyone:
www.vaw.umn.edu...

...one of the simplest things to do is stop advocating and supporting violence. Don't go see dark and violent movies. Don't buy dark and violent music or books. If you buy it, you encourage the making of more such things -- and we become the stories we are told.

Imagine how lives would be changed if rap music hadn't happened... if instead what had taken over as "Black music" was romantic ballads about nobility and fun songs about parties and family values.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hiyah Access,

I am very glad you made it out of your situation alive, and that you had the guts to leave. As we all know, when the woman leaves is usually when she gets killed, as we can all see from the daily headlines and as any battered women's shelter will tell you.

Thanks Access for sharing your story and when I get home from work I will read your short story. You're a brave woman, and one of the MILLIONS who shouldn't have had to live like this in this country.

I still can't believe the posts coming in either "Yes that's sad, but what about all the other killings." I am not talking about the "other killings" I am talking about the conspiracy of MEN to brush this off, and to sit here and say, "Oh if you wouldn't make us pay child support we wouldn't kill you."..."Oh you're being paranoid" that's a load of crap as Access, and any other woman here knows.

She wasn't even married or trying to get child support from someone when she was rufied and raped. There are many great guys out there, and this is not a thread to "bash men." But men commit a majority of the killings, the gang shootings, the robberies and almost all the rape and torture out there and we all know it so don't bother to deny it, I want to know why the good ones aren't outraged for their own sister's, mom's etc...and where's the outrage among us women and why isn't ANYTHING done about this?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hiyah Byrd,

I had a thread all ready to go about this exact thing but it was very graphic as you can imagine and it was also about very disturbing topics, not just homicide and would have probably been very volatile here on ATS...and after a small discussion with Springer about it, I decided not to post it, as it contained statistics about incest against male and female children in different cultures, rape and torture etc...

But believe me, I know us women have it way better here then most places, and yet here we can still disappear and be found somewhere hacked up...it's sickening to say the least WHAT does go on in other countries....but for now, I decided to address the problem here in the U.S.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So...this is my first thread, it doesn't go exactly hand in hand with what the threads topic is, but it does have to do with the anxiety, and paranoia that women, have to deal with everyday.

The night of my 18th birthday, July 15th I realized I was being recorded on camera by my neighbors (2 males, and one female) after getting out of the bath.

They had realized I knew what was going on, and shortly after I got the police involved. I don't know how long it has been going on, but that night I feared for my life, and I am still fearing they are wreaking revenge for me giving them up.

We constantly have to be aware of our surroundings, nearest exits, some one around for help if needed, even in our own homes.

I can't even feel safe in my own home anymore. When I come down from my attic bedroom at night, I feel my way around not even daring to turn on the light. and I honestly feel that anywhere in my house I am, they can see exactly what I am doing.

I just can't wait to get out of here.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So...this is my first thread, it doesn't go exactly hand in hand with what the threads topic is, but it does have to do with the anxiety, and paranoia that women, have to deal with everyday.

The night of my 18th birthday, July 15th I realized I was being recorded on camera by my neighbors (2 males, and one female) after getting out of the bath.

They had realized I knew what was going on, and shortly after I got the police involved. I don't know how long it has been going on, but that night I feared for my life, and I am still fearing they are wreaking revenge for me giving them up.

We constantly have to be aware of our surroundings, nearest exits, some one around for help if needed, even in our own homes.

I can't even feel safe in my own home anymore. When I come down from my attic bedroom at night, I feel my way around not even daring to turn on the light. and I honestly feel that anywhere in my house I am, they can see exactly what I am doing.

I just can't wait to get out of here.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

To start for ever, women have been looked down on as less than men. take a look at the mid east countries they beat sale trade young girls and women as live stock so why would you wonder about this, this crap has even been brought into this country. I see mothers now that are more concerned about finding there daughters a man with money, than to teach them that they are worth more than that. I even remember my own mother treating the girls in my family a little less than the boys and this goes on in lots of house holds this day and time. I have never thought of my daughter in this way, I tell her she should rule the world and to never rely on a man for nothing. Because girls are far better and smarter than boys are. However I myself get cought up in the gender thing, I find it very hard to let a women talk down to me because I am a man, I guess thats something I have a issue with. I also think that as a man we should protect our women and children. So I will say I am sorry now for all my faults.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

LateApexer, why wouldn't you post that? I thought the point of ATS was to have a place where discussions of fringe topics aren't shut down because they're taboo. I would be interested to read your thread as I'm sure other users would. I hope you saved the info and will post it at a later date.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well I'll start off by letting you all know I am a 21 year old male. My opinions on this subject differ from most males because I completely side with the females here.
I think what many men are missing from their perspective is the emotions/feelings tied to rape or other violent acts. Not only is it a physically painful experience, you are in a position of helplessness which is the most empty feeling a human being can feel. For anyone to use money as a cop out is blatantly appalling. Whoever uses an excuse that lame obviously lacks the skill of empathy; which I think is the root cause of the problem. Males are taught to be tough. We all know this. By being "tough" we often have to overlook the feelings of the "inferior" party. I think over time the development of this persona does serious damage to a male's connection with his own emotions; and if you can't understand your own feelings how can you understand anyone else's? Not many people take the time to ACTUALLY think "How would I feel if I were in their position?"; let alone stop to ask "How does this situation make me feel?".

I think violent acts, whether sexual in nature or not, are sickening and only support the already excessive degradation of our society. People who commit violence are scumbags and undeserving of forgiveness. The message that needs to be sent to the entire human population is one of natural law. If you disrupt the peace of the collective (Upon using the word collective I'm referring to an idealist's world where the collective is a community, not a flock of sheep) you need to be removed. If you can justify in your mind, even one time, an act of violence you will do it again.

I, for one, am not willing to give you that chance.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The number of missing "innocents" women and children that go missing is probably staggering and would set off alarms if the public could find out how many actually "go missing" each year.

Alex Collier and David Icke address the "missing children" issue in quite a few of their interviews.

People are still dismissing the "Reptilians" as "crazy" however something is going on worldwide.

In light of the sheer number of missing people, the governments all over the planet continue to sweep this "issue" under the carpet.

There are quite a few people who have been abducted state they have seen vats of human body fluids and body parts.

I suspect after reading, "Thanks for the Memories" by (Sue Ford) Brice Taylor that there is some kind of connection because what she wrote about, what Cathy O'Brien wrote about, what Thomas Castello claims and what happened to Jon Benet they're all similar and interconnected.

Has our government sold us out? Maybe they had no choice and are just making the best of a really bad situation? Again, I don't pretend to know what is going on but with the sheer number of people that go totally missing, vanished never to be seen again we are talking millions. Most are children, alot are women (maybe children and women taste better then men?)

I do think it odd with the sheer number of people that totally go missing, the statistics are purposely hidden from us, that in and of itself might mean something.

Very interesting link. www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 21-7-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thank you for this post. I think you bring up a good topic here.

Having come out of a very bad relationship myself, I'm surprised by the amount of stigma that surrounds being the victim of abuse. For instance, the idea that a woman whose husband cheatd on her had the right to do so because she must not have satisfied him, or that if he hit her it wasn't his fault because she probably drove him to his last nerve with her complaining.

Or, a woman who files for 10, 15, or even 25% child support. That's a paltry amount compared to the 75% or more of the man's pay that would go directly to the kids. I think the worst though is "She's just trying to take the kids away to be vindictive."

I don't think it was femenism that brought about the problems so much as popular TV shows. As someone else said already, Men are portrayed as the rational tough guys, wheras woman usually are portrayed as vapid, untrustworthy, overbearing, or as sexual toys. A case in point is the proliferation of women's sexual health adds which portray bodily functions as embarassments, (Get rid of that odor! Stop ovulating so you can make whoopie without making babies! Heck, even stop menstrating completely!) versus men's which emphasize increasing pleasure(Keep it up for 4 hours!). Imagine the outcry if products designed for the women's pleasure were as freely marketed.

I wonder if the "liberated" woman who has a job, good self esteem, and can stand on her own is more of an attractive "catch" to a man who wants to control someone than a woman who is "Traditional" enough to submit anyway. I remember that in my particular relationship, it was when I began to stand up for myself that the abuse really picked up.

But the bottom line is, it's a sad, sad world that we live in that a woman should even have to take self-defense classes, buy Mace, and be afraid to go out after dark. No amount of femenism is going to change body mass and muscle tone, so we're going to have to get the guys on board to improve the problem.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This post is not entirely on topic, but it isn't that far off, I don't think, and I think it's important.

I used to work in an agency where a large percentage of the clients were parents whose kids had been taken away from them. These were NOT happy people. We were also located in a fairly 'bad' part of town and didn't have lots of fancy security because we were a nonprofit. Out of 43 staff, only one was a male. Sooo .. (I really am getting to the point here) one year at staff retreat they brought in a lady cop who used to work in an SVU type unit and had since become a consultant for victims' services.

Here's what she told us. It's a bit condensed, but hey, it's free.

Prey animals are recognizable not only by how they look or smell, but by how they act. They are nervous and fearful, always ready to run. Human predators recognize their prey by some of the same cues. If it walks like a victim, acts like a victim, and smells like a victim.. it will probably become a victim.

So walk tall with big steps and erect posture, and go straight where you're going. Don't scuttle or hunch over or walk too fast. Don't hug your purse to your body, look around nervously, peer into dark corners, etc. Don't carry your car keys at the ready like you expect to need a weapon. Look people straight in the eye if they look at you. Look confident and secure, act confident.

The surprising thing is, the more you ACT like this, the more you FEEL like this. I may have the advantage of being nearly six feet tall, but I think it works to some extent for everyone. If you don't look like an 'easy mark' you are less likely to be chosen. Animal predators exhibit the same behavior; if you face them and stand your ground, they get confused because you aren't acting like prey. Sometimes they just walk off.

Think of yourself as secure and confident, and over time you become secure and confident. Even if something goes wrong in the future, you'll feel better and be happier in the meantime instead of being nervous and scared.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Thanks for that tidbit, Heike. I live in a relatively 'safe' city now, but I used to live in New Orleans (pre storm). I remember once I was driving downtown and the light turned green but I couldn't go because there were like 1000 pedestrians who wouldn't stop crossing. The car behind me started honking and yelling at me so (forgetting where I was) I looked in the mirror and gave them the finger. Mistake...at this time I drove a miata and I had the top down too...(what was I thinking?) So the two thugs in this car started screaming at me about how they were going to cut my throat and rape me and throw me into the gutter...definitely should have kept my hand gestures to myself. Thankfully there was no altercation, but I will never forget the fear I felt when I realized how big a mistake I had made.

Down there we were always taught which areas to avoid, to always stay in the crowded areas, and don't go anywhere alone if you can help it. I can tell that here in Toronto I've let my guard down as there is very, very little violent crime. So little in fact that when there is a violent crime it's actually a big deal. It's nice not to have to be in the heightened state of awareness LateApexer described, but I don't know if it really is a good thing to not be as guarded.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Excellent thread, LA313. This stirs up so many emotions for me due to some past personal experiences so I'm going to limit my response to 'flagged & starred.'

I will add this, though: Another member posted statistics in another thread to show how rape has been increasing in America over the decades. Some describe our society as a 'rape culture' and statistics show that one in four women will be the victim of a sexual assault by the time they graduate college. That is sad. Even as a society who believes we have come so far, the only thing I really see is women being objectified and sexualized more and more in the media, entertainment, and advertising. Byrd also brought up an excellent point regarding things being exponentially worse for women abroad. It's heartbreaking.

Your point about there being national slogans for other problems but not so much for violence against women was excellent.

That's all I'm going to allow myself to say to prevent from going into a tirade. lol Thanks for posting this.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have a account on ats, Iam Igmx, posted very little actually...but this is a 18 year old about to go to college perspective on this topic... (I cant type perfect after getting my first macbook, so bear with me
)

I love women.

They are the greatest living creatures in the world and there only counterpart and unity are men. Which I also think is the greatest thing in the world (mankind here ppl)

My mom brought me into this world. She may drive me nuts, but shes still my mom.

I love countless amount of women who have made my life better, happier and enjoyable.

I remember this one time where a friend I liked put her hand on the side of my face and said " You have the most touchable face".

i love martial arts, love bruce lee, love swords...etc. but i look like a "pretty boy" a nice guy, someone who is always damn quiet...

but damn, iam the kind of person who would help anyone on the slightest heartbeat if i saw someone in danger or getting hurt.

HOWEVER, with all the positiveness ive had with the opposite sex.

i had have the MOST negative experiences with the opposite sex.

why? I have no F***ing idea....

Their are bad people, both men and women; women and men. Bad things happen to good people, it happens because people see good people as targets, you know why?

Because people who had sucky lives look at good people and this is what they see: they see them getting praise, they see them getting love, they see them as good-goodies who are rich and happy.

you know, so we become like them...

but hate is easy....

so this is my quote, this is aimed to all.

"The worst type of cowards...are the people who fear to love"

You hate whats going on the world? Fix it, you know how? Change the perspective on topics that have been destroyed by the media... like sex, love, education,etc. Tell ppl what how things should be and tell them how they can do it. though positive acts. Everyday kindness. DONT let anyone out, try to do it randomly, so ppl wont take advantage of you. If u see someone crying, help them.

You want to stop rape? Start groups in your neighborhood devoted to protect people from rape and violent crimes. Tell young males that sex is a good loving thing in a loving relationship. Tell them that they should ignore bad sexual roles and influences, including violence. DO what you can, and DO it to the best of your ability.

and most importantly LOVE.

Never stop it, never give it up, never fake it, never replace it, just love...

my rant is over...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

My son hands over 42% of his paycheck each payday to his ex wife, who cleaned out his townhouse of everything including the toilet paper and his tooth brush and hid their daughter from us for 3 months. My son was a good father and husband, his crime was he gained too much weight.

"She" has gone through 4-5 men in the last 4 years and exposed their daughter to a multitude of horrible experiences.

Women are manipulative, sneaky, nosey and down right more dangerous then any man could be. We are the wolves and the poor men are the sheep.

In our state, at present, the man has very little rights and the woman has the upper hand. In 2005 80% of all children where given over to the mother. 80% that isn't justice or fair treatment, that is prejudice in favor of women.

I use to think poor women after having the daughter in law from hell I now know that there's two sides to every story.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Just because the news says so and so did it, doesn't make it so. The news we are subjected to is contrived to shape our beliefs. Wise up, we're being fed lies.

Many of the people that "disappear" simply vanish. The number is staggering and the cause may be something people are not willing to face up to yet.

There is a whole conspiracy itself on why so many people go "missing".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join