It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing/Murdered Women, Murdered Pregnant Women and the Conspiracy of U.S. Citizens That Allows It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Type in the sentence, "missing women" as I did into Google news and here's a taste of just what I got from doing it on a Sunday afternoon:

Missing women in Eastern North Carolina

WILMINGTON -- Every year more than 800,000 people are reported missing in the United States, and many of those cases have tragic endings.

According to the National Crime Information Center more than 2,000 go missing a day.

Many of those people do return home, but some are never seen again.

In the past seven months, there have been at least four cases of missing women ending in murder, just in our region.

And there are still more than a dozen women missing locally.

"I think what people fail to realize in a lot of situations with cases of missing persons there are often times of domestic violence or martial problems," said Cue Center for Missing Persons founder Monica Caison.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.wect.com...

Sister: Missing woman joined Army to escape husband

A Fort Bliss soldier reported missing Friday after she didn't show up for work had joined the U.S. Army to escape from her abusive husband, who is a suspect in her disappearance, the soldier's sister said Saturday.

www.elpasotimes.com...

Police search for missing woman

Fort Collins police are looking for a 45-year-old woman who they say was kidnapped at gunpoint by a former boyfriend Saturday night.

Rosanna Martinez, of Fort Collins, was preparing to leave her job at the Dollar Tree store at 2721 S. College Ave. in a co-worker's car when a man drove up, pointed a gun at them and fired it in the air, Fort Collins police said.

www.rockymountainnews.com...

PA woman found dead, her unborn baby missing.

(NECN/ABC) - There are new developments in the case of a woman found dead inside an apartment in Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania.

Autopsy results reveal the woman was tied up with duct tape, her Uterus cut open.

www.necn.com...

Search warrants served in missing woman's case

Authorities searched a home in Arcata and interviewed a missing Crescent City woman's friend as a “person of interest” in the investigation launched after her car was found abandoned and on fire earlier this week, officials said Friday.

Foul play is suspected in the disappearance of 23-year-old Michelle Ashlee Dickson, whose car was found around 5:30 a.m. on U.S. Highway 101 south of Crescent City.

Cmdr. Bill Steven said leads were being pursued in Humboldt County and a search warrant was served Wednesday in Arcata. A person of interest, a friend of Dickson's, was interviewed, but is not in custody, Steven said.

www.times-standard.com...

In a society where homicide is the number one/two leading causse of the death for pregnant women (depending on where you get the information) what the HELL are we teaching our male children and how are we rasing them or not raising them that would lead to such a disturbing act as to murder a woman carrying a child and where's the outrage??

Homicide One of Leading Causes of Injury-Related Death Among Pregnant Women, New Mothers, CDC Study Says
Main Category: Women's Health / Gynecology

Homicide is the second most common cause of injury-related death among pregnant women and new mothers, according to a... CDC study released on Tuesday and published in the March issue of the American Journal of Public Health, the Washington Post reports.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Homicide the No. 1 cause of death for pregnant women
The killing of a pregnant woman is horrifying enough. But the murders of Lisa Underwood, who was carrying a baby, and her 7-year-old son underscore a problem largely unknown to the public: Homicide is the leading cause of death among pregnant women.

"What pregnant women do not know is that instead of facing joyful celebration at the announcement of pregnancy, too many face violence and death," said American College of Nurse-Midwives Executive Director Deanne Williams, in a 2003 report on maternal homicides.

"When we think of all the other things that cause women to die during pregnancy, such as infection or hemorrhaging, the fact that homicide far outweighs those things tells you it's a significant problem," said Phyllis Sharps, an associate professor at the Johns Hopkins University's school of nursing who researches violence against women.

www.freerepublic.com...

[edit on 20-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Obviously as we all know, you don't even have to be a pregnant woman, just a woman, to disappear and our families could be the ones identifying us in the morgue.

I am wondering how all the other women of ATS and BTS feel about being the leading prey in a world fraught with so many other dangers. I know most of us women probably have been so used to thinking "protect yourself" on so many levels in all situations that we don't even stop to think what this does to our psyche's. Just stop and think about this for a minute men, because you usually don't ever have to worry about this unless you go into a bad neighborhood, or get in a bar room brawl.

No one but a woman knows what it's like, to have to constantly watch out if we are parked by a van with no windows. They teach us constantly, "always yell fire instead of rape, no one will help you if you yell rape." "Always be alert of your surroundings, always be on alert, always think about a way to escape," always, always this and that until we're numb from it. When even the most vigilant young woman or teen or mother out running errands, might never come back, no matter how much self-defense training you have.

I have talked to several male friends of mine about this issue...and they have never realized, until I explained how, as a woman, it feels to be out at night, out running errands, parking in a dark parking garage, having a strange man approach us in an elevator, even to ask an innocent question.

Why is all the emphasis ON US??? I am not saying it's not a necessity, but where's the responsibility of the men in all of this?? I know I will hear form lots of great ATS dads that are raising their male kids to be respectful of women, etc. And that's great...but where's the outrage from us women at the light sentences these predators get and at the whole situation, of just being PREY?

What is up with these men that would rather hack to death their wives or dump them in the San Francisco Bay instead of just getting a divorce? What do you men think of this? Most of you have mothers, sisters, daughters, nieces. Most of you know a woman that has been stalked, hit, beaten up by abusive bf's or husbands, strangers, raped, and god forbid I hope not, but murdered and tossed away like garbage. To me, the crisis here needs to be solved, and I don't have the answers but when the leading cause of death of a pregnant woman in the U.S. is homicide, why isn't this being handled or taken seriously?

This is far more important then the ridiculous ongoing "War on Drugs" or "War on anything, fill in you own blank here." Just the FACT that it doesn't have it's own "War on Men killing Women" slogan is offensive. It doesn't even qualify enough to GET a slogan or a congressional committee or an FBI proposal or a "comprehensive countrywide Domestic Abuse Homeland Security Agency (insert mucho sarcasm here.)

Just think about that for a minute. I'd like to hear your thoughts on why this continues to be headline after headline, yet nothing is done.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Actually you shouldn't single out just men in this..

There are 2 cases in or near Pittsburgh Involving a female killing or trying to kill a female for their baby..

The recent one killed the woman and stole the newborn, took it to the hospital and told them it was hers.. Later said she bought it for 1000 bucks.. Then later they found a person dead in her apartment supposedly GUTTED as the news reporter stated..

So this inst just a guy and girl things.. its both sexes.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Yes thickheaded, you are right, there have been a few cases of women hacking babies out of other women, but to hold a handful of cases up to hundreds of thousands is ridiculous.

When it's a missing woman case, or another murdered woman's body is found, trust me, they don't go naming her girl friends as "persons of interest."

They zero in on all the MEN in her life.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My solution to this problem:

1. Armed to the teeth
  2. Not afraid to use the arsenal
  3. If I have to shoot, one round is automatically designated for the groin
  4. If I have to shoot, and one round is automatically designated for the groin, I'll make sure you never use that puppy to urinate, or anything else, again

IMO, women haven't been forceful enough in their messages to men regarding domestic violence.

On the other hand, the manipulative games that some women play with men do not help our cause at all.

You come after me, you're going to get a large calibre projectile exactly where you don't want it, in addition to the other holes I'm going to put in you.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Money. Divorce costs the man too much, killing the woman is much cheaper. Same with pregnant women, child support costs money, but a dead mother doesn't cost the man much at all.

As soon as you take money out of the equation the number of murders drop significantly.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

Oh ok, so if we make sure that all women never receive a dime for child support, the pregnant happily married woman, like Lacy Peterson who has no clue she's about to be murdered would just be slapped with divorce papers.

Gee that's a relief to all the pregnant married women out there...ok all of you just sign away your rights to a dime of your husband's money so he won't cap you, case closed. Wow glad that was solved, glad it was only money men would kill us for!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I hate to say this but you sound a tad bit paranoid.

Fact: As a man you are more likely to die a violent death than a woman.

If you feel afraid every time a man walks up to ask you a question or every time you park next to a van, then you aren't prey you are a victim. You have made yourself a victim of your own irrational fears.

To me, the crisis here needs to be solved, and I don't have the answers but when the leading cause of death of a pregnant woman in the U.S. is homicide, why isn't this being handled or taken seriously?

You are reading what you want to read. You seem to have missed the key part to that death statistic:

Homicide is the second most common cause of injury-related death among pregnant women and new mothers.

There I highlighted the important part for you. See what they said? INJURY related deaths.

Since pregnant women are more careful, I doubt many of them are dieing in skiing accidents or being fatally injured in a physically demanding job.

My guess is that the top cause of injurious death is car accidents. The truth is that complications arising from pregnancy is the leading cause of death for pregnant women. Are you afraid of pregnancy too?

You did a search for "missing woman" and were surprised to find so many articles. Did you do a search for "missing man" and notice that there are far many more articles with that term in them in Google news? There are almost three times as many articles for "missing man" on Google in the last day versus "missing woman."

Jon

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

It's not only money, but I'm sure that was on the mind of both peterson's when they did what they did to their wives. If the Peterson's knew they wouldn't have to pay a dime to get a divorce from their wives, they probably let them walk away alive. Maybe not, though. The one Peterson obviously loved to have control over women, hell probably control over everyone(which is probably why he chose to be a cop). There will still be cases like that, no doubt about it. Too many jerks in this world for these types of things to completely go away, but take the money out of the equation and I guarantee the numbers drop significantly.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I wonder if more often than not those men capable of such a horrible act grew up in a household such that the women in that house were shown little or no respect? Thay want to treat their wives/girlfriends like crap and control their every move, then once the woman finally gets a backbone and stands up for herself the man can't deal with it and freaks. Those men are cowards.

reply to post by ThePiemaker

So...if the custody of the kids is the issue, then we should just take them out of the equation too? Money has nothing to do with it....that's a cop-out. You simply can't take those things out of the equation.

Rush

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

Yes I can say I'm paranoid because, I am a woman and have to be, just to go to the post office.

I never said I felt "afraid every time a man in an elevator asked me a question." What I was trying to illustrate is, that you men don't have to even think a thought about a woman, bending over to you in a small space to ask you a question, we do. I don't care how paranoid you think I am, you just proved the fact, that you have no clue what it's like to be a woman lol therefore, you have to be man I am guessing.

And the fact, as you say but you didn't give a link to prove it, that men are more likely then women to die a violent death, who do you think is killing men also? Other men, hello....

I am not talking about men and their deaths, as the title of my thread states, I am talking about women, dying by homicide, killed by their husbands or bf's or stangers, women as prey in this society.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Yes I am sure it has a lot of roots as to why it's happening. I am still reeling over someone posting their opinion that if men didn't have to pay so much in child support there wouldn't be this problem. I am still floored by that opinion. What do you think of it Rush as a woman?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

LOL Sleuth good for you!
I am sure Voxen here will think you're paranoid as well, with your arsenal lol...what do you think of Voxen's opinion that I am a tad paranoid about being closed up in an elevator with a man who may invade my space with a simple question?

I don't know about you but there would be a split nano second where an "escape plan or a rip their eyeballs out then knee them in the groin" thought came into play before he asked me if I knew what time it is! Then the thought vanishes, you answer them and exit the elevator, all in a day's work of a woman lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

I am trying to find the article that was in our local news, I might have even posted it on ATS in someone else's thread, about a woman here raped in a hospital elevator as she was visiting her sick father...so you tell me I am paranoid

Police: Man Raped Woman At University Hospital

A University of Cincinnati police officer says he caught a man in the act of raping a woman at University Hospital last night.

Police say the offense happened inside an elevator.

Court documents state 21-year-old Archie Sanders was a holding a woman down when the elevator doors opened.

www.wcpo.com...

Yeah, I'm paranoid all right.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
LA, I'm going to post from personal experience here, and it's taking a lot of courage for me to do this.
I have experience with rape and living in fear of your partner while pregnant.
First time I was raped was at age 14. The guy was in his mid 20's at my best guess. I was scared that people would find out, or blame me, so I didn't report it. I didn't know him either. It was random.
Second time, I was at a party. Someone put a rufies in my drink. I woke up hours later, in a bed with my clothes off. I knew what had happened, but not who did it. Apparently no one else knew either.
It's no secret I was in an abusive marriage with someone who was very controlling.
His way of keeping me tied to him, was to keep me chained to the house anyway possible. Barefoot and pregnant.
But when he would come home drunk, he hated looking at me with my swollen belly. A lot of abuse happened during those times.I went through, sadness, anger, feeling alone, and every emotion you can imagine. Then I did something else.
Metaphorically speaking..
I grew a set of balls.
I got a support network, right here on ATS. I was no longer isolated.
I started reaffirming myself, and my boundaries, and my rights.
I stopped putting up with his c#*p.
Then I kicked him out with 100% support from my children, who had witnessed all of it for years.
I refuse to live in fear. I refuse to be treated with inferiority.I refuse to be controlled.
If you read my story in the short story forum called
"WAITING BY THE WINDOW"
It's a true account of an incident in my life. I wrote it as a story as therapy for myself.
It helped immensely.
For other women out there, there ARE warning signs to look for.
www.hiddenhurt.co.uk...

Absolutely one of the STUPIDEST things we as women do is think that if we stick around long enough things will get better.
They don't.
And a baby can make a man jealous of the time you devote to it.
Be informed, be careful, and most of all be safe.
AccessDenied

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear about the plight of women in our society but as someone did point out this isn't a topic exclusive to them. People die violently every day and will continue to regardless of their child bearing status. All anyone can do is to take prudent steps to minimize the risk of becoming another statistic.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

My dear Access. You are one of the most courageous women I know. And your ability to overcome so much pain takes more strength and courage then any 100 men I know put together. Good for you, and I'm so glad that you found the support that you needed.

Rush

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
What do you think of it Rush as a woman?

I'm sick and tired of men taking advantage of those who are smaller, weaker and vulnerable. I do not want to turn this in to a male bashing post, it is not my intention, it just is what it is...let's look at a bigger picture:

I'm sick of:

Mass murder.
Gang killings, drive-bys, killing over drugs.
Serial murder.
Rape.
Pedophiles.
Domestic abuse and domestic abuse resulting in the death of a spouse.
Armed robbery.

I could go on and on. Here's my point, the majority of the offenders of those crimes are male. Why is that? Someone give me an explanation.

Rush

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey Late, just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.

• Better safe than sorry
  • A stitch in time saves nine
  • Let's do it to them before they do it to us

I'm not going to a gunfight with a slingshot and neither should anyone else. We don't have to take it anymore. The Second Amendment says so.

We'll stop being victims when the abusers get the message. They haven't gotten it yet. We still have work to do.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I think its disgusting. I remember years ago, when I was but fifteen, a twelve-year old girl of a town not ten minutes from my residence was abducted by a guy from Texas. She was later found, dead, cut up in an ice chest, half-eaten, and severely abused in every way imaginable after missing for over a week. The sad thing is...she was found in the apartment directly under her parents' apartment. Even at that young age, I remember the overwhelming rage that came over me. I wanted to personally kill this guy. To hurt him. To make him suffer, and while I believe that those actions are not morally correct...I still wish I could have had the opportunity. I remember meeting that girl once. She was a real sweetheart.
Too bad there aren't any real answers for what should have happened to this guy in the end. Also, I do not count what Man thinks and what an old, musty tome has to say as real answers. Where's Divinity when you need it, eh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join