It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breatharians are the Future of Humanity?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I made a thread a couple of years ago about an experience with the sun. It isn't exactly what you are talking about here, but there are a couple of links within the thread that do relate.

I considered and even attempted feeding off the sun myself for a few days.

Not really long enough to have an opinion as to it's effectiveness!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

that's a great thread!

...and it's nice to see someone who isn't tossing the word "cult" around like these people are actually making money off of sharing these ideas...

seriously, does anyone see them making a profit?? they don't look rich to me, so why the need to think they're starting a cult - how does this benefit them if they're not making money?? the answer? ...it doesn't!

so it kinda makes you ask, why would they be sharing these specific ideas related to sun gazing, if it's just a scam?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Not eating or sleeping for extended periods of time are actually anciet divination practices. I read about some modern fellow who tried this for about 7 days and called what he achieved "Psychic Overdrive."

This is all temporary though. Its like a temporary ascension, but you never really cross over.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I have always been a big fan of getting out into the sun regularly. I think maybe I should be doing more of this these days. I think it is really strange how you hear in the media that they are recommending that people stay out of the sunlight, and that is just crazy. It really makes me wonder what the heck the corporate world is up to. The funny thing is that white people are white so that they could absorb more sunlight, because in the northern environments they weren't able to get enough sunlight to stay healthy, so the melatonin levels in skin decrease to allow better absorption of the sun.

It has long been proven that if you could eat far less food, that you would actually live longer, feel healthy longer, and age more slowly. Most people can't do it because they can't stand starving all the time. I notice as I age that food often makes me feel worse after I eat and saps my energy. Also, my need to eat has been cut back considerably. The problem is that my desire for food drives me to eat. I have done a few fasting periods, and I have to say that after a few days I felt more energy and peace. I think I need to try this some more, and possibly combine it with getting more sun.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
non-copulating? lmao. That is how we were designed. I am so sick and tired of people trying to deny we are human. We are not animals. We like animals. We eat animals. Until there is a shift in consciousness and a shift in the design, we will continue to do this. How about giving a name to those who eat and have sex without guilt.. is there a name for those people? I will join that club.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I would like to point out that jesus didnt eat alot, in the bible theres only 2 cases of him eating i can recall,when he made 1 loaf of bread, and 1 fish feed 100's,and the last supper.In both case's it was more for the social effects then for sustinance.
And as for budda, after he gave all his princly wealth away,he sat at a river bank for like 2 years, only eating 1 soy bean every few days,after he was done,he became the budda we know,that was his spiritual moment.
Ghandi wasnt know to eat much as well,nor was the dali lama.The whole base's of most reliogions is to do away with the wants to become whole.
Fasting is the most common practice to get in touch with your spiritual self.
When you have conqured the want for food,sex,money,power you will be closer to a perfect being,this is the base's for most spiritual endevors.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm not ready to join with the 1999 winner of the Darwin Award

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
WARNING! No science in the below post!

The spiritual aspects of Breatharianism are really quite interesting. It's simialr to the more spiritual aspects of raw veganism.

Breatharianism advocates starting off for only a few seconds at a time at sunrise. As you feel capable, you increase your time more and more (and presumably, feel more and more of the effects). Incidentally, the standing on the earth in bare feet is to provide a more direct connection with the earth. Doesn't have to be dirt, but it must be natural (no concrete).

Raw Veganism says that, as you progress with cleansing your body, it will operate at higher and higher levels of efficiency (some say raising your vibration level) and will therefore require less and less to sustain itself.

Is it possible to completely abstain? Who knows. In alternate fields, science has proven over and over again the power of the mind over your body. Maybe it isn't so far fetched after all. Maybe there are new fields of science that will merge with spiritual fields to figure it all out. Either way, when looked at with an open mind, it opens the door to some really exciting possibilities for the future of humanity

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
[edit on 29-4-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The sun is not hot - was that this article that you are talking about? It's a really interesting subject - I wish I knew more.

If I think about it, I don't know if I have noticed the sun itself being warmer, but surfaces exposed to the sun seem to be much warmer - I can't go outside on my porch barefoot anymore. This will sound ignorant, but maybe a slight increase in the x-rays being sent to earth?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If you are standing barefoot on the Earth, with is electrically negative, with the sunlight coming down upon you with its ions, which are positive charged particles, then I guess your body would become an electrical conductor.

I would think that the time if day you stand outside should be more determined by where you live. If you don't get a great deal of sunshine, you might want to be out there at noon. Sunset might also work better than sunrise, where it gets cold in the morning.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Actually, this is a bad attempt to copy what Christian Orthodox monks have been doing for thousands of years - fasting. In Christian Orthodox tradition, fasting is very strict. Even ordinary members of the church are required to fast strictly by the rules. Monks quite often do much more, and live for years eating very little. This cannot be done without praying, without high devotion to the Supreme Being, the Creator.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

You said :
Do any of you believe in the breatharian way?

I think it could be true ...

Palden Dorje
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2700c5f3bc87.jpg[/atsimg]
On November 6, 2005 The snake god Sheshha Naga granted Guru an audience that Guru might achieve the level of a Bodhisattva. Shessha Naga then bit Guru, and Guru’s body was poisoned. Guru sweated more than two liters while he continued to meditate, and thus he overcame the poison. Guru’s followers believe that on that day he was enlightened, for the Bodhisattva has the ability to survive attached to a tree, soil and stone, to digest snake poison, to be unaffected by the wind and to understand the language of all creatures. On November 8, 2005, Guru told the people that he did not have the energy of a Buddha, and he asked them not to publicize him as an incarnation of Buddha. On November 11, 2005 a bright light appeared shining from Guru’s head. His followers cried with joy and became even more fervent. “Leave me in peace, and there will soon be peace in the country,” Guru said. However crowds ever increased and people chanted and set up a market place, according to Radio HBC 94 FM who visited the site on December 10, 2005. The crowds were kept at a distance of about 50 meters. All witnesses claimed that Guru neither ate, drank or left to relieve himself. He just sat and meditated under the pipal tree. Baffled onlookers were ever increasing. There were stories of miracles: a girl and a young man had gained the power of speech although they could not speak.

Source : PaldenDorje.com

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
The sun is not hot - was that this article that you are talking about? It's a really interesting subject - I wish I knew more.

I erased the comment before too many saw it.
I came across some material some where, which stated that the sun gives little to no heat at all. I couldn't find it, so, I chose to rescind my comment. I don't like posting information without a link to support it.

Simply stated, the problem is this: The corona is hot, the Sun is not (relatively speaking).
Sun is not hot

[edit on 9-5-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Breatharians are the future, nurtured by Jesus whom is bread? Truth is life. Man is able to eat. Fruits of the tree of life may not be eatable yet digestable. God gave his men also to eat in the desert.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by etherical waterwave]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join