It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of "AIPAC" and Why This Topic Needs More Attention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I was talking to a newly made friend from Egypt last night. We were discussing the current issues pertaining to the US and the middle east. He had mentioned a powerful lobbying group called the "American Israel Public Affairs Committee" (AIPAC). I had never heard of it before so I decided to google it. I also checked for threads posted here and found some talk about it. I feel like more people should talk more about this group because of how much of an influence it has on our politicians in this country. I decided to make this thread so that we can share our opinions, concerns, or thoughts on AIPAC. The external link is something I read on the white house website and I must say, after reading some of VP Dick Cheney's comments, I can really see the influence that this committee has on the white house. But please share your thoughts on this excerpt or in general. I believe this topic needs more attention.

The President has been clear and forthright about his vision of two democratic states, Israel and Palestine, living side by side in peace. He remains committed to the achievement of that vision, nor has he compromised the basic principles he has stated from the very beginning: Peace requires a Palestinian government that recognizes Israel's right to exist, accepts the validity of past agreements and renounces violence and terrorism totally and completely. (Applause.)

External quote taken from this white house official website link
Official AIPAC website
Wikipedia link for AIPAC

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
How have you not heard of the AIPAC!? They are pretty huge as far as lobbying goes... huge influence!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

I haven't heard of them because I watch the News.

join